Dak can make every throw

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!

Nope.

Sorry!

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Criticism of Dak in the past was very much warranted. But judging by his 1st game, the continued development of our recieving core, and the change at offensive coordinator, I'm sure we'll see a much different Dak this season.

My biggest issue with Dak is his consistancy. He's obviously shown signs of greatness during these past 3 years, but I just wanna see him become more consistent. Time will tell. Hopefully this season is the year Dak separates himself from the the rest of the pack.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
I wanted romo to win too but i knew he would never lead us to a superbowl. Too inconsistent and turnover prone. He was the catalyst of our sloppy play. He was an above average qb and was just not a winner
Romo had garbage around him for the majority of his career. Imagine having to deal with Jason Garrett & multiple offensive coordinators for that long.

Romo was a poorman's Brett Favre. There was no way he was gonna win it on his own.

kskboys

Reaction score
No problem.

Everybody can be wrong. Even you.
Not on this one. It was proven a long time ago that Dak can make every throw. To deny it in the face of this being an obvious fact is simply silly.

Reactions: CWR

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not on this one. It was proven a long time ago that Dak can make every throw. To deny it in the face of this being an obvious fact is simply silly.

Dak can make every throw he just can't make it accurately........

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Gruden is a believer

Now he wants to protect his defense from Air Dak

We used to do that :laugh:

Cap12

Reaction score
Gruden is a believer

Now he wants to protect his defense from Air Dak

We used to do that :laugh:

I can seee why Gruden would think ball control would be his best option, but despite Dallas' "explosiveness", the Cowboys can put together long and sustained drives too. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out. To me, on defense we need a better effort from our interior lineman and more consistency from our linebackers, so we can slow down the run.

"Air Dak" can do some damage, but they still need to acount for Zeke too.

Cap12

Reaction score
"Can" make every throw is a lot different than "Should" make every throw. In the past, I didn't feel as confident in Dak as I do now. Based upon how Dak played against the Giants, I am a lot more confident in Dak's ability to hit his receivers in stride and catching them coming out of their breaks. These were things that Dak failed to do regularly throughout his career. He looked a lot better last week in terms of his approach and mechanics. Kudos to Dak and the coaching staff for their effort and buy-in into this process. Dak still missed on four throws that his receivers made nice plays on, so there is still room for improvement, but I'm confident that he's heading in the right direction. This young man is finally marrying his physical talent and intangibles to solid fundamentals and the correct approach. We are seeing something special happening here.