Dak can make every throw

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Prescott will need to execute a couple of those difficult long throws in to tight windows if we are to win a Superbowl.

I was encouraged today as he made one of those exact throws to Gallop in the first half. He had missed several of those last season but he executed today - that's my take and I just hope that he can continue to do that as he will only get a couple of chances like that which will ultimately decide if we win or lose big games.
You could be an elite corner showing this type of backpedal ability

rynochop

Reaction score
He is not accurate. Accuracy cannot be taught. Aikman said so. So it must be true. And I'd say the new oc called a good game. Impressive performance.
He had a perfect passer rating..what would be better for you.? Some of you guys are hard to understand. Could the ball be six inches this way or that way? And if so..did you watch any other football today?

kskboys

Reaction score
He is not accurate. Accuracy cannot be taught. Aikman said so. So it must be true. And I'd say the new oc called a good game. Impressive performance.
And what they failed to do is diagnose where the accuracy issues came from. Basically, sometimes a player is simply inaccurate and although they can improve it a bit, they'll always be inaccurate.

Other players have accuracy issues that are due to footwork or technique or mechanics. Dak appears to be one of those, and those can be corrected.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lol Washington defense is better. Carsons big plays only happened from him standing in the pocket with chaos around him. If Dak has a game close to this at Washington screw it, pay the man

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol Washington defense is better. Carsons big plays only happened from him standing in the pocket with chaos around him. If Dak has a game close to this at Washington screw it, pay the man
Maybe better on paper but played worse than the giants D

exciter

Reaction score
My two favorite passes today were the 37 yard dime to Gallup and the 21 yard touchdown to Cooper.

Those were accurate, big-time NFL throws; and proof Dak does indeed have excellent ball placement.
The td to Cooper was a thing of beauty both in the location and Cooper not giving any indication that it was coming till it was there!

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak asking for 50 million now like :

giphy.gif

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The myth that he couldn’t make every throw has been completely busted.

I’m so sorry, haters. I am so, SO sorry.

His career completion % was 66.1 entering today. His career yards/attempt was 7.4 entering today. Both very good figures.

His haters bleated all offseason that those numbers meant nothing.

“EYE TEST!”

“JUST WATCH THE GAMES!”

“HE CAN’T THROW DEEP!”

“DINK AND DAK!”

Oh, and “it was just the Giants!” is not any kind of valid excuse. Dropping DIMES is dropping DIMES, no matter who’s in coverage. It’s not like he was throwing screens out there that our receivers were taking to the house.

I’m sure most of his haters feel like complete dummies right about now... at least the ones who have a shred of football knowledge in their bodies. Because even if they still want to argue that Dak was “average” from 2016-18, they were also SO SURE that Dak could never take that next step.

Welp, it’s early, of course... but it looks like Dak is poised to have a fantastic year in Moore’s pass-first offense.

Now, if these Dak haters are true DALLAS COWBOYS fans, they’ll learn to embrace our franchise QB instead of looking to tear him down every chance they get.

It takes a big man to say, “I was wrong.” I’m sure most of us will be gracious about it. I was dead wrong when I said we shouldn’t bench Drew Bledsoe for Tony Romo, because I thought we’d be throwing in the towel in 2006 by going with Romo. Whoops!
Preach it.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I disagree. Desean was just burning guys. He wasnt wide open. Wentz worked for everything. Seemed Dak had it a little too easy
Did you watch the game? Jackson was wide open. So was every other wr all game. Countless times there wasnt a defender within 5 yards of the wr

PUSHfold

Reaction score
There isn't a QB on the planet that hasn't underthrown or misfired on a pass. Tom friggin Brady has missed receivers believe it or not.

Seriously...I was watching Russell Wilson who everybody proclaims is a great QB underthrow passes today....is he garbage now too?

These same people who hate on Dak incessantly really do want him and the Cowboys to fail so they can be right...it's all about THEIR ego and them being right.

There is absolutely no QB in the world who doesn't miss throws or reads.

Dak's grown each season as a QB and for a 4th rounder he's already done so many good things. Dak's incredibly underrated. If we build the proper team we can win SBs with this kid.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Further, our O-Line was magnificent today. This should not be overlooked - Prescott had so much time to throw the ball today which he won't always have against the better defenses. I was also startled at how much separation our receivers had on so many plays - credit to the play calling and I don't know if Prescott also assisted by faking to throw elsewhere with his eyes but our receivers had so much space. The Giants' secondary is pretty dreadful as well.

Totally agree, those were the two big issues today. Dak (and everyone else) is better when they have time to throw, so you don't see the haters posting that Dak was "spazzing out" in the pocket.

And we had an OC who attacked the weaknesses of the opponent instead of Linehan's approach to line up and "make them beat us".... which, they did. Often.