Dak career record vs winning teams vs Brees, Wentz and Roger

khiladi

Reaction score
Cool now go do missed FGs under 45 yards and starting field position.

DAL offense ranked 2nd last year in the entire league in yards per drive.
3rd worst avg starting position.
7th best at fewest 3 and outs per drive.
Brett Maher was 1 of 5 from 40-49 yards. He missed two more kicks in the 30-39 yard range. He also tied for the league league with 4 kicks missed of 50+ which is insane because you have a kicker missing everything and you continually let him kick versus just going for it with a top 5 offense. 20/30 was the worst performance in the league by a wide margin.

Subjective stat usage..

Maher was tied with three other kickers for attempts over fifty yards. Only one kicker I believe has more attempts at 11. Maher’s percentage at that length was pretty much where everybody else was at, with that amount of kicks. What’s clear is Dallas RELIED on Maher more to kick drives that stalled than pretty much the whole league outside five teams. He also kicked a 63 yarder.

Also, starting field position was around 26 for Dallas and the rest of the league was around 27 and the difference between Dallas and KC was a whopping 2 yards, meaning not even statistically significant. Despite having 12 more drives than KC and on the rope half. Dallas was 17th in the league in total red zone scoring and 22nd on the road, meaning starting FP had no bearing on the fact Dak absolutely sucked in the red zone.

also, Dallas scorer 10 of its first 15 red zone drives against the first three teams, starting out over 70% only to end up sucking, when they didn’t play scrubs teams like Giants with a safety that just came out of retirement and the Commanders and Miami or Dak was padding stats while getting blown out.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is your problem? What do you not understand about W/L record being a team stat, not a QB stat? You need it so desperately but it's just not a stat on any one individual player.

When we talk about The Patriots winning super bowls..what name/names come up?

I'd wager that QB's are the most popular name people can remember...even if the defenses are what won. Bears, Bucs and Ravens come to mind....but I bet many can STILL name the QB.

QB gets the glory...and the fall. It's just the way it is. (there are some exceptions of course!....see Dan Marino) It's not just a fluke...the QB runs the offense and makes the most crucial decisions.

If you want to put yourself "in-the-know" and above that kind of thing...well have at it. Ain't you special. But in the general scheme of things....not the way it works.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
When we talk about The Patriots winning super bowls..what name/names come up?

I'd wager that QB's are the most popular name people can remember...even if the defenses are what won. Bears, Bucs and Ravens come to mind....but I bet many can STILL name the QB.

QB gets the glory...and the fall. It's just the way it is. (there are some exceptions of course!....see Dan Marino) It's not just a fluke...the QB runs the offense and makes the most crucial decisions.

If you want to put yourself "in-the-know" and above that kind of thing...well have at it. Ain't you special. But in the general scheme of things....not the way it works.
That load of crap you just set forth means nothing about W/L being a QB stat. The NFL is a team sport, they win as a team and they lose as a team, even if the QB is great, it's a team loss. It's pathetic that you think you have to pull the Patriot card to make your point... which shows how "piss poor" your point is. We don't talk about the Patriots, you are the one consumed with the Patriots so let's get that understood. I'm a strictly an America's Team guy and that is only the Dallas Cowboys.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That load of crap you just set forth means nothing about W/L being a QB stat. The NFL is a team sport, they win as a team and they lose as a team, even if the QB is great, it's a team loss. It's pathetic that you think you have to pull the Patriot card to make your point... which shows how "piss poor" your point is. We don't talk about the Patriots, you are the one consumed with the Patriots so let's get that understood. I'm a strictly an America's Team guy and that is only the Dallas Cowboys.

No I am not "consumed". And I didn't just mentioned the Pats...nice cherry picking there. Let's "get that understood". I've been a fan of THE TEAM for nearly 50 years...let's "get that understood". I also watch other football too....I enjoy the game and it helps to understand all of football not just the Cowboys. Lets "get that understood". If you can't name the QB from the Ravens or Bucs that won a a super bowl.....then I'm not given you much credibility for "football knowledge". Let's just "get that understood". You don;t HAVE to know....but if you stomp around like an expert like you do....then....you should know. Let's "get that understood".

I never really said "wins and losses are a QB stat...so let's "get that understood". It's the perception of wins and especially playoff and super bowl success. And even with a good performance...a "true leader" like some say Dak is...would take responsibility. Take the heat off his team.

You did everything but actually address my point.....deflection from reality of the situation. You made up things I didn't say (I did NOT just mention the pats...I mentioned THREE other teams!), argued THAT, and claimed yourself the winner. Very cowardly. Let's...."get that understood".

InTheZone

Reaction score
so if he has a great game but loses, that loss won't count?
I really don't understand why people are confused about what I said.

Let's say Cowboys win these two games below with these stats:
Dak goes 20/20 for 500 yards 5 tds in one game and in the other he goes 5/20 30 yards 0 tds 1 pick (for laughs most of his completions happened in the 4th quarter)

Instead of acknowledging the W/L column doesn't tell the whole story, which by the way works in both directions not just losses like you assumed, we just have to question something because I'm questioning something related to Dak?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No I am not "consumed". And I didn't just mentioned the Pats...nice cherry picking there. Let's "get that understood". I've been a fan of THE TEAM for nearly 50 years...let's "get that understood". I also watch other football too....I enjoy the game and it helps to understand all of football not just the Cowboys. Lets "get that understood". If you can't name the QB from the Ravens or Bucs that won a a super bowl.....then I'm not given you much credibility for "football knowledge". Let's just "get that understood". You don;t HAVE to know....but if you stomp around like an expert like you do....then....you should know. Let's "get that understood".

I never really said "wins and losses are a QB stat...so let's "get that understood". It's the perception of wins and especially playoff and super bowl success. And even with a good performance...a "true leader" like some say Dak is...would take responsibility. Take the heat off his team.

You did everything but actually address my point.....deflection from reality of the situation. You made up things I didn't say (I did NOT just mention the pats...I mentioned THREE other teams!), argued THAT, and claimed yourself the winner. Very cowardly. Let's...."get that understood".
LOL, I'm living rent-free in your head. Otherwise, you would not have felt the need to repeat one of my lines several times. So I win... let that be understood!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I really don't understand why people are confused about what I said.

Let's say Cowboys win these two games below with these stats:
Dak goes 20/20 for 500 yards 5 tds in one game and in the other he goes 5/20 30 yards 0 tds 1 pick (for laughs most of his completions happened in the 4th quarter)

Instead of acknowledging the W/L column doesn't tell the whole story, which by the way works in both directions not just losses like you assumed, we just have to question something because I'm questioning something related to Dak?
Wins and losses are all that matter to the team. It does not matter how it happens, through the air, on the ground, or a combination of the two. Just as long as the good guys get the "W". I don't care about the stats and people like you that seem to think otherwise piss me off. You are always dissecting the stats to complain about something, never satisfied with just winning the game. You go ahead and make yourself miserable but stop dragging others down with you with your BS. :mad:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL, I'm living rent-free in your head. Otherwise, you would not have felt the need to repeat one of my lines several times. So I win... let that be understood!!

LOL....wrong (as usual) ...but hey.....if that is so important to you, you are welcome to it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Wins and losses are all that matter to the team. It does not matter how it happens, through the air, on the ground, or a combination of the two. Just as long as the good guys get the "W". I don't care about the stats and people like you that seem to think otherwise piss me off. You are always dissecting the stats to complain about something, never satisfied with just winning the game. You go ahead and make yourself miserable but stop dragging others down with you with your BS. :mad:
Not sure wth your problem is as I couldn't care less about stats either. All I'm saying is to label a W or L as a Dak stat is being disingenuous. These prop up threads trying to put Dak in the same stratosphere as some of the better qbs is laughable. As you said, team effort, so why are we designating our Ws as a Dak stat?

edit: Won't be satisfied until the Super Bowl win, until then all these stat threads are just fluff.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Not sure wth your problem is as I couldn't care less about stats either. All I'm saying is to label a W or L as a Dak stat is being disingenuous. These prop up threads trying to put Dak in the same stratosphere as some of the better qbs is laughable. As you said, team effort, so why are we designating our Ws as a Dak stat?

edit: Won't be satisfied until the Super Bowl win, until then all these stat threads are just fluff.
:omg:What kind of ninja BS is that? I'm the one arguing W/L is not a Dak stat, not you. Stop trying to steal my thunder. I'm the one that won't be satisfied until we are winning SBs again, that's my line. Stats don't matter to me, just getting the "W". :cool: