Dak career record vs winning teams vs Brees, Wentz and Roger

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The problem with these types of things is it shows the overall record but not necessarily the trend. While the over all is on par with others, the trend has been getting steadily worse since he has been in the NFL. He is supposed to get better over the years but he hasn't shown that progress or it hasn't correlated with wins over the last 3 years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
well gosh he didnt beat teams in 2019 with better coaches, defenses and special teams... surely he must suck....

you guys need to stay off meth.
no one said he plucking sucked,

hes simply a very good starter, NOT ELITE, GOT IT? TAKE THE ROSE COLORED DAK FANBOY GLASSES OFF.. Read my damn responses and you see i said i like dak hes simply not a top 5 qb and turned down top 2 money at the time now top 3..

he needs to show a ton more clutch moments to convince me..thats it hes not elite hes not elite hes not elite but wants elite money, got it? he was not elite when it mattered in 2019 , facts all over show a team leader who makes the most money slumped when needed most..thats it..

plasticman

Reaction score
here we go again nether did Mahomes had to come from behind 21 and 17 down and even in struggle in the SB,.he got it done..the 2nd half of the Rams playoff and the Philly game the defense held the damn game to one score for like 2 qtrs dak had ihis chance he failed..Big boy Pants are worn in these situations where your defense pout you behind..Same with Tom the goat 2nd half against ATL(just one example) came back and won in real game not against the bottom dwellers..

like i said I like dak but 2019 was a stat padding year, it was full on ying and yang made up most of his stats against bad teams and struggles against good ones.. hes the one demanding twice as much$$$$$ money as the next man on the team like Mahomes who showed his worth and delivered..

Daks last play was the second half of 2019 and it wasn't pretty regardless of TEAM failures.. thats the damn point brah, he of late what have you done for me lately showed he can be that guy.. Hes a very good QB but asserting himself in the realm of pay with other QBs and players who already showed the clutch Gene.
stop making excuses we already know the pitfalls of the others on the team but dak is also to blame..just as much PERIOD..

I get that it's a "what have you done for me lately" league, I truly do.

I was also told that one season doesn't make a player. When was I told that? Well, right after Dak's rookie season, of course. So if that's true, then why has Dak been labeled a certain way after this one single season. This is especially B.S. since he was a game saver during his first three seasons. Only Tom Brady had won more games. Dak was ranked #1 in Game winning drives from 2016 to 2018. During that span he was ranked 4th in 4th quarter come from behind victories. Again, that was three seasons worth of work but in one season, his skills have....what?....disappeared?....deteriorated?.....three years is a fluke but one year tells us everything?

When have I ever said that Dak is perfect? I think the real point is, what can the Cowboys get that gives them at least an equal chance for a Super Bowl right now, not three seasons from now?

chagus

Reaction score
Ok, what's the catch? This is NOT what we've been told ...........

BTW......this is with Garrett as his coach vs MM, Petersen, and Payton

Nice! This certainly puts a wrench in the current narrative.:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Which of those qbs doesn’t have a Super Bowl ring?

And I like dak....but just saying

2 of them do because were not counting Wentz because he didnt play.
None of them had a ring in 4 seasons.
Brees has 1 in 19 years
Rogers has 1 in 14 years.

I think Dak has time, and Im not saying his either of those 2 , Im just saying that is an unfair argument.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yup that is true but when you break it down a little more we scored:
6.1 PPG in the 1st half in our losses and 19.6 PPG in our wins, do we need to name the teams we beat and the teams we lost too? We beat up on the bad teams and couldn't do a thing against anyone decent team or a team with a decent D
If you move the goal posts to the middle of the ocean no one can kick a field goal.

It's been quite clearly shown last year DAL as an offense and team was bad versus playoff teams.
That was a ONE YEAR occurrence and Dak is on par with top QBs in the league for his career. --tho definitely not Brady.

Anyone can cherry pick a situation into nothingness to demonstrate some failure.

If you loo at units offense was substantially ahead of both defense and special teams last year and had the least of the 3 units to do with going 8-8.
Thus the team kept the OC and offense pretty much intact adding only CeeDee of note while firing from coaching the entire defensive and special teams staffs and turnover over those units heavily.
New Kicker and returner.
2 new CB, 1 likely a starter, new starting safety, 2 new starting DT, possibly a new starting RDE.

So the team says you are dazed and confused with your takes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
People get banned for posting false information on social media?

Isn't this site considered social media?

Can you see if the guy you want to punch himself in the face will take a video? I want to see it.
Yup, Twitter and other sites ban users for posting false information or "fake news".
This is more the old message board which has plenty of rules but factual takes aren't among them.
I mean the video would be great and all but a simple lesson learned would be far more invaluable.
Alas, no one here is punished for stating obvious mis-truths and seldom even get called on it so you really can't expect growth and instead just have to place said user on ignore once you realize they are beyond leading to the truth.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
If you move the goal posts to the middle of the ocean no one can kick a field goal.

It's been quite clearly shown last year DAL as an offense and team was bad versus playoff teams.
That was a ONE YEAR occurrence and Dak is on par with top QBs in the league for his career. --tho definitely not Brady.

Anyone can cherry pick a situation into nothingness to demonstrate some failure.

If you loo at units offense was substantially ahead of both defense and special teams last year and had the least of the 3 units to do with going 8-8.
Thus the team kept the OC and offense pretty much intact adding only CeeDee of note while firing from coaching the entire defensive and special teams staffs and turnover over those units heavily.
New Kicker and returner.
2 new CB, 1 likely a starter, new starting safety, 2 new starting DT, possibly a new starting RDE.

So the team says you are dazed and confused with your takes.

I'll post this again.
In our wins our offense averaged 37 PPG and our D gave up 17.1 PPG
In our losses our offense averaged 17.1 PPG and our D gave up 19.6 PPG

It doesn't take a genious to see where the biggest dropoff was

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup, Twitter and other sites ban users for posting false information or "fake news".
This is more the old message board which has plenty of rules but factual takes aren't among them.
I mean the video would be great and all but a simple lesson learned would be far more invaluable.
Alas, no one here is punished for stating obvious mis-truths and seldom even get called on it so you really can't expect growth and instead just have to place said user on ignore once you realize they are beyond leading to the truth.
Facebook is saturated with fake news. I've never been on Twitter, so I don't know about that. I get the frustration with fake news, and I am one that calls people out on it. Sadly fake news thrives because people fall for it - they are so eager for anything that supports their narrative they will turn a blind eye to reality. I think they often don't even realize they are doing it, but news sources know that in this mass/social media age all they have to do is float out an idea that is either sensationalized, fabricated or exaggerated, and as long as there is a segment of the population that wants to believe it, they will, regardless of whether it even makes sense or has any substantive backing.

khiladi

Reaction score
RG3 is no where near the qb Dak is, Dak didnt just have 1 year of good football as an individual player. when analyst across the league and his peers feel he's a good qb.

Again, Dak was absolute garbage when Zeke was out, Cooper wasn’t here or Smith is not playing. These are practically demonstrate-able facts. Whether or not he’s better than RG3 is not relevant, because they both are or were trash figured them out or they aren’t surrounded by all-pro talent at every position.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, Dak was absolute garbage when Zeke was out, Cooper wasn’t here or Smith is not playing. These are practically demonstrate-able facts. Whether or not he’s better than RG3 is not relevant, because they both are or were trash figured them out or they aren’t surrounded by all-pro talent at every position.
Cooper wasn't with the Cowboys for the first 2 1/2 years Dak was QB. Are you really saying Dak was "absolute garbage" for 2 1/2 years?

As for being "absolute garbage" when Tyron Smith was out, you should check your facts. I assume you are going by the 8 sack game when Green played, which obviously was not Dak's fault, but the overall stats do not support your claim. The team is 7-4 in those games, and Dak threw 17 TD's to 6 INT's, added 4 more rushing TDs and averaged 269 yards passing per game. 2 of the 4 losses were when both Tyron and Zeke were out, and one of them was the 8 sack game that Green was responsible for. For obvious reasons I'm not including the last game of 2016 where Dak only played the first possession or two.

As for Zeke, Dak definitely had some poor showings when Zeke was out, and a couple of others that were decent. I think now it would be less of a problem because the offense was structured then to rely as much on the run as the pass, and last year they opened up the passing game. I think because of that Dak would be better equipped now.

Last edited:

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Eight and Eight, Numbers I hate.
Eight and Eight, The playoffs can wait.
Eight and Eight, seems that's our fate.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'll post this again.
In our wins our offense averaged 37 PPG and our D gave up 17.1 PPG
In our losses our offense averaged 17.1 PPG and our D gave up 19.6 PPG

It doesn't take a genious to see where the biggest dropoff was
Cool now go do missed FGs under 45 yards and starting field position.

DAL offense ranked 2nd last year in the entire league in yards per drive.
3rd worst avg starting position.
7th best at fewest 3 and outs per drive.
Brett Maher was 1 of 5 from 40-49 yards. He missed two more kicks in the 30-39 yard range. He also tied for the league league with 4 kicks missed of 50+ which is insane because you have a kicker missing everything and you continually let him kick versus just going for it with a top 5 offense. 20/30 was the worst performance in the league by a wide margin.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak can't seem to scored against the better teams. I agree just about any QB could lead the Cowboys to 3 field goals.
With the talent we have on offense one of our Cheerleaders could lead us to 3 fg.....

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Cool now go do missed FGs under 45 yards and starting field position.

DAL offense ranked 2nd last year in the entire league in yards per drive.
3rd worst avg starting position.
7th best at fewest 3 and outs per drive.
Brett Maher was 1 of 5 from 40-49 yards. He missed two more kicks in the 30-39 yard range. He also tied for the league league with 4 kicks missed of 50+ which is insane because you have a kicker missing everything and you continually let him kick versus just going for it with a top 5 offense. 20/30 was the worst performance in the league by a wide margin.

Your full of excuses aren't you, i guess the FG kicker was the guy getting us the 20 points more a game in our wins lmao

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I am sick and tire of Dak critics pulling the Eagles game out their axx. (LOL) Dak has played 64+ games, yet they keep going back to the 2019 Eagles game(s) ( the bad one, NOT both ). Not a QB that's ever played in NFL didn't have some real stinkers ( Romo, Troy, Staubach ). Look, I'm just saying one bad game doesn't come close to qualifying a player's career for any position, especially QB.

bewp7

Reaction score
if only there was a qb who was a free agent this year who is like 30+ games over .500 against winning teams :oops: