Dak & Dalton should split snaps in TC

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this isnt just at you Rayman.

LOL , it is funny how people keep saying dalton is a bus driver, loser, old , done, and cant win games starting like dak can.
Then they say he is good bkup, and can win a couple of games if needed.

So basically he cannot win games as a starter, but he can win if he is playing strictly as the bkup for a few games ! :huh:

So as a fill in qb, for 3 games he will be 3-0 or 2-1 which is cool, but if he was named new starter, then he would be 0-3 in one sided losses where he
throws more int's than completions.

And really...isn't that what we've gotten with Dak. We've won a few games when needed but long term haven't really gotten much. W could have beaten a really sheety team in philly last year but we choose not to do it.

But wins and losses are team stat don;t blame Dak. Same for Andy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because Dak was throwing 7 INTs and at 62% while Zeke was still averaging 4.6 YPC, with teams focused on stopping Zeke. So Dak was WORSE in the first half per the stats, while Zeke was better. You didn’t even realize that you have no point.

Dak had three TDs this year and one from 42 yards out. What’s your point? Nobody said Dak can’t run, but guess what? Now that teams took away his legs in the red zone daring him with the arm and despite putting up 4000 yards against man coverage, when it came to actually having to find guys in tight windows, he was mediocre.

What’s your point? Nobody said Dak can’t run,

I think the point is pretty obvious. Your claim that Zeke has carried Dak. Yet in the one big stat that Zeke should dominate...…..rushing TD's Dak had just as many. LOL

The great Zeke Idiot cant even get more rushing TD's than his QB yet he had 250 more carries than Dak did.

And while the great Zeke had the 2nd most carries in the NFL he was 4th in rushing yards. And that was playing for the #1 ranked offense in the NFL, behind a top 3 Oline and with a QB that threw for almost 5000 yards and 30 TD's.

Lets just say that your laughable theories have been completely blown out of the water.

khiladi

Reaction score
What’s your point? Nobody said Dak can’t run,

I think the point is pretty obvious. Your claim that Zeke has carried Dak. Yet in the one big stat that Zeke should dominate...…..rushing TD's Dak had just as many. LOL

The great Zeke Idiot cant even get more rushing TD's than his QB yet he had 250 more carries than Dak did.

And while the great Zeke had the 2nd most carries in the NFL he was 4th in rushing yards. And that was playing for the #1 ranked offense in the NFL, behind a top 3 Oline and with a QB that threw for almost 5000 yards and 30 TD's.

Lets just say that your laughable theories have been completely blown out of the water.

Dak had three rushing TDs this year. How did he have more rushing TDs than Zeke? Andy Dalton had more rushing TDs than Dak last year.

Why are you changing the subject? Are you saying Mixon ran behind a worse line and Dak plays behind a better line?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak had three rushing TDs this year. How did he have more rushing TDs than Zeke?

Its really difficult having even the most basic conversation with you. If you cant read or follow an argument then lest just move on.

Guess how many rushing TD's the great Zeke had in 2018? The guy you said is carrying Dak had 6 rushing TD's

khiladi

Reaction score
Its really difficult having even the most basic conversation with you. If you cant read or follow an argument then lest just move on.

You brought up Mixon. So are you saying Dak plays behind a better line than Dalton? Why did Dalton have more rushing TDs than Dak?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The AFC North has been a very tough division for a long time, more so than the NFC East. Dalton got things done there so he's legit here.

Yes, Dalton was the reason. Dalton got squat done in Cincinnati. Steelers, have ruled the AFC North, and has had, little competition.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree...there's nothing flashy and exciting. That doesn't mean he sucks. Let's be honest...cinci sucks and is probably one of the most historic suck teams ever. A long history of complete suck.

If I said Dalton sucks then let me rephrase it. He doesn't suck he's just nothing to get excited about. You can do far worse at backup for sure. And let's also be honest. We both love the Cowboys but if you go to the past 20 year's........we are right there with them. We managed to win more playoff games but they had more trips to the post season than we did. And the only reason we won more playoff games is because Bengals managed to not be able to win one.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I said Dalton sucks then let me rephrase it. He doesn't suck he's just nothing to get excited about. You can do far worse at backup for sure. And let's also be honest. We both love the Cowboys but if you go to the past 20 year's........but if they suck we are right there with them. We managed to win more playoff games but they had more trips to the post season than we did. And the only reason we won more playoff games is because Bengals managed to not be able to win one.

Welll wow...we found common ground after all. SHOCKED! I feel so sucky dude. All of my 90's pride ground down into nothing for 20...25....30? years!

You speak truth here.

Qcard

Reaction score
Team salary caps might decline significantly over the next 2 years. That means Dallas can't just play for this year but must look ahead at same time. I don't see Dallas franchising Dak next year as it would cost close to 20% of their Salary Cap. This means Dallas has this year to find out if: 1) Dak is true contending SB QB and 2) Dalton is adequate replacement of Dak after season. That's alot to get done in what might be shortened NFL season. Roster is too talented to be lazy about addressing alternatives to Dak after season. I say open up camp with competition at QB.
Nope....31.4 Million reasons Dalton will not split snaps with Dak.

DiNucci will run scout team.

Infact I don't think Dalton makes the team if Clayton and DiNucci have a pulse..

The offense with Dalton's zero off script ability will sputter...

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Team salary caps might decline significantly over the next 2 years. That means Dallas can't just play for this year but must look ahead at same time. I don't see Dallas franchising Dak next year as it would cost close to 20% of their Salary Cap. This means Dallas has this year to find out if: 1) Dak is true contending SB QB and 2) Dalton is adequate replacement of Dak after season. That's alot to get done in what might be shortened NFL season. Roster is too talented to be lazy about addressing alternatives to Dak after season. I say open up camp with competition at QB.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
tenor.gif