Dak & Dalton should split snaps in TC

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas record with Dak is 40-24. And Dak has a playoff win dalton doesn’t
Thank you for proving my point for me.

If I had said "but Dak is strill 8-8 last year with a terrible game for a playoff spot." What would you have said? "But it's a team stat"?

I don;t believe that Dak is single-handedly responsible for 40-24 (nor 8-8 for that matter). And Andy isn't singly responsible for his team record either.

I am pointing out people that use win/loss record for Andy but not Dak. If you don't fall into that category....we agree.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
over half of this place and cowboys fans wanted Dallas to draft him and dump Romo...just like a ton of fans wanted dallas to draft Brady quinn in 07 and manziel in 14 although none admit to it now.

Jason Garrett loved Andy Dalton and Dallas was interested in moving up for him that year.

Now I bet these same people all say he sucks.
Jason Garrett's ringing endorsement of Dalton is all I needed to know lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

If I had said "but Dak is strill 8-8 last year with a terrible game for a playoff spot." What would you have said? "But it's a team stat"?

I don;t believe that Dak is single-handedly responsible for 40-24 (nor 8-8 for that matter). And Andy isn't singly responsible for his team record either.

I am pointing out people that use win/loss record for Andy but not Dak. If you don't fall into that category....we agree.
Except every time they went to the playoffs Dalton was the one who sucked and held his team back.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
over half of this place and cowboys fans wanted Dallas to draft him and dump Romo...just like a ton of fans wanted dallas to draft Brady quinn in 07 and manziel in 14 although none admit to it now.

Jason Garrett loved Andy Dalton and Dallas was interested in moving up for him that year.

Now I bet these same people all say he sucks.

I honestly don;t remember many people wanting Manziel. I do remember one...Jerry. LOL?

phildadon86

Reaction score

No no. I hate using that stat to judge the QB. I also hate when people on here use 2019 to judge Dak and then leave out 2016 until last season.
However. Some of those playoff losses are squarely on Daltons shoulders. He threw the game away a few times.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't hate Andy. I just take him or what he is. A upgraded Cooper Rush. I'll take it.

Not interested in seeing what he might be able to do on THIS team? Not out of Dak hate.....but he's a Cowboy NOW. Let's havea look and make sure "we" are right about him sucking and holding his team back.

I thought I saw where he was having some injury problems....not sure...I didn't see enough of his games.

Them

Reaction score
Team salary caps might decline significantly over the next 2 years. That means Dallas can't just play for this year but must look ahead at same time. I don't see Dallas franchising Dak next year as it would cost close to 20% of their Salary Cap. This means Dallas has this year to find out if: 1) Dak is true contending SB QB and 2) Dalton is adequate replacement of Dak after season. That's alot to get done in what might be shortened NFL season. Roster is too talented to be lazy about addressing alternatives to Dak after season. I say open up camp with competition at QB.
................................................................................................
...I believe they'll sign a deal with Dak early next season....if they didn't want him,...IMO... they wouldn't have offered him a 5 year deal to start off with;....and Dalton should only get back up reps...that's what he is, and that's what he'll be....also IMO!!!...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not interested in seeing what he might be able to do on THIS team? Not out of Dak hate.....but he's a Cowboy NOW. Let's havea look and make sure "we" are right about him sucking and holding his team back.

I thought I saw where he was having some injury problems....not sure...I didn't see enough of his games.
I'm not interested really. I get what he is. He's in the same vein as Alex Smith. Solid guy. I'd take him over a 3 or 4 game stretch if Dak gets hurt. But yeah there is nothing exciting about Andy Dalton.

conner01

Reaction score
heres what we do know, it has to end somewhere.How that looks is yet to be determined. We cannot have 1 player making 500 mil or more lol...that is unsustainable IMO.Even if its spread out.
I agree
I’ve always thought the best solution for the entire team is something like no player can be more than a certain percentage of cap
Selling that to the players might be a challenge but if 53 guys looked at it they would see 52 of them will make more money. And those last 10 or so on a roster will gain the most
Selling it to the agents seems to be the biggest challenge because they have big egos and want all their guys getting max contracts which also makes them more money
I sold cars in Houston and hooked up with an agent who did mostly NBA players
He’d front them the money to buy cars before they actually got drafted. Never once did he ever ask me about price. Just deliver it to the player and that’s all he cared about
I have some ethics so I never over charged any player but I also didn’t give any discounts either.
He didn’t care about his players or he would have ask for a better deal. Agents can be some real scumbags

DandyDon52

Reaction score
PEOPLE want him to be something he has never been. Its funny kinda. He is what he is, a great backup and short term bus driver in a pinch. If we need a couple wins if Dak goes down, he can get them.NOTHING MORE.
And this isnt just at you Rayman.

LOL , it is funny how people keep saying dalton is a bus driver, loser, old , done, and cant win games starting like dak can.
Then they say he is good bkup, and can win a couple of games if needed.

So basically he cannot win games as a starter, but he can win if he is playing strictly as the bkup for a few games ! :huh:

So as a fill in qb, for 3 games he will be 3-0 or 2-1 which is cool, but if he was named new starter, then he would be 0-3 in one sided losses where he
throws more int's than completions.

SackMaster

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that you have it wrong in regard to the union having to agree to a cut in the salary cap. They already have a collective bargaining agreement in place and the salary cap is tied to the revenues of the league. A certain percentage of them goes into make the cap. If the revenues are down 40% in a given year, the cap is going to go down by a similar percentage.
Apparently the meaning of the word Collective, in Collective Bargaining Agreement is lost on most. But don't take my word on it:

https://www.nfl.com/news/important-salary-cap-negotiations-loom-for-nfl-nflpa

So technically (maybe), the NFL can lower the cap without having any NFLPA or its member's input. But that will not work out in the NFL's favor.

Again, it is NOT in the best interest on anyone's behalf to have a bunch of really good and/or high profile players sitting on the sideline while guys who may or may not be NFL starting caliber start to take their place.

Simply put, the reason the NFL makes so much is due to the extremely skilled players that it employs. With out that type of talent, the NFL looses much more than just Gate Revenue due to empty stadium games.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ryan Tannehil bus drove the Titans to almost a SB, with a stout RG at a 70% clip and a top 3 rushing OL that was actually rated awful, 31st in pass blocking by Football Outsiders. They looked more dominant against play-off teams than Dallas ever did and it wasn’t even close.

And Dak’s OL was top 3 in not only run-blocking, but pass-blocking as well.

And this was his seventh year. Dalton just finished year 9, meaning the same Dak fans probably said about RT, “what has he accomplished?”

Dalton has never had the roster Dak had..

And BTW, Dalton played under a West Coast with Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden, meaning MM’s offense and was putting up top numbers. The last three season, the Bengals Jane shuffles their OC with guys with minimuM experience three times. Last season they hired Brian Callahan and it was his first year as an OC. Two years before that it was Ken Zampese’s son, whose experience amounted to 2 years as Bengals play-caller.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
Ryan Tannehil bus drove the Titans to almost a SB, with a stout RG at a 70% clip and a top 3 rushing OL that was actually rated awful, 31st in pass blocking by Football Outsiders. They looked more dominant against play-off teams than Dallas ever did and it wasn’t even close.

And Dak’s OL was top 3 in not only run-blocking, but pass-blocking as well.

And this was his seventh year. Dalton just finished year 9.

I can see Tanny coming back to earth this season. I’ve always thought of him as a WR as he was better at that than QB in college.