Dak-Deniers/Fact Haters, What Will Dak Have to Do for You to Eat Crow?

Sydla

Reaction score
And you never said he will either this is ridiculous

The only ridiculousness here is your bizarre line of arguments. Why would I say he "will" improve if I don't know for sure? That's been my entire point here. I don't know if he "will" improve and I don't know if he "won't". That's the whole freaking point.

I don't know what kind of QB we have. He could continue to improve but I've seen enough stats when you take a deep dive into his play that give me pause and make me wonder if what we see is what we will get. Hence why I am behind a plan to let him play out 2019 under his current contract and see how he plays this season with what should be a SB caliber roster. Then you will have a better idea of what kind of QB he is and what kind of financial investment you should make in him.

Geezus, dude.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do you figure?

Take ALEX Yards for instance. Its 3rd and 8 and Dak completes a pass for 6 yards. We do not get the first down and punt the ball away. But Dak's normal stats of completion percentage goes up because he completed the pass. There was a article that was going over this and showed video of Dak completing the pass short of the first down and showed the other options on the field he should have went to. He did not read the play correctly. Its why at the end of games Dak can have a 68% completion with 200 yards and team scores 13 points.
How many times did Jason Witten not get deep enough for the first down. You put it in your receivers hands and you hope he makes a play. Come on

mcmvp

Reaction score
I'd wager if you offered up either QB to all 32 teams, the vast majority of teams, probably all (including the Cowboys), would take Mahomes. His skill set is better than Dak's.

We need to shake this homerism that we have. You can like Dak without getting silly and think he's better than arguably the most gifted QB in the NFL who just had a season where he just threw 50 TDs against only 12 interceptions.

Seriously. If the Cowboys wanted to trade QBs, they would also have to throw in a couple 1st rounders on top of Dak before the Chiefs would begin to listen.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How do you figure?

Take ALEX Yards for instance. Its 3rd and 8 and Dak completes a pass for 6 yards. We do not get the first down and punt the ball away. But Dak's normal stats of completion percentage goes up because he completed the pass. There was a article that was going over this and showed video of Dak completing the pass short of the first down and showed the other options on the field he should have went to. He did not read the play correctly. Its why at the end of games Dak can have a 68% completion with 200 yards and team scores 13 points.
It's easy to see the field after the play. How many times Prescott held onto the ball deep in his own end of the field. Yes punt the ball away survive rather than an interception. You're not looking at the entire picture. It's easy to look at film and second-guess cuz you don't have Defenders closing on you in a Split Second

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only ridiculousness here is your bizarre line of arguments. Why would I say he "will" improve if I don't know for sure? That's been my entire point here. I don't know if he "will" improve and I don't know if he "won't". That's the whole freaking point.

I don't know what kind of QB we have. He could continue to improve but I've seen enough stats when you take a deep dive into his play that give me pause and make me wonder if what we see is what we will get. Hence why I am behind a plan to let him play out 2019 under his current contract and see how he plays this season with what should be a SB caliber roster. Then you will have a better idea of what kind of QB he is and what kind of financial investment you should make in him.

Geezus, dude.
You could say this about every single player in the entire league

Sydla

Reaction score
It's easy to see the field after the play. How many times Prescott held onto the ball deep in his own end of the field. Yes punt the ball away survive rather than an interception. You're not looking at the entire picture. It's easy to look at film and second-guess cuz you don't have Defenders closing on you in a Split Second

But these are circumstances all QBs face. It's not unique to Dak. The reality is Dak can be gun shy and tends to be a dump off type QB when he feels even the slightest bit of pressure.

If I could change one thing about Dak, it would be his pocket presence. I think he bails too often on plays because he thinks he's about to get hit.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know exactly what kind of player Dak Prescott is. He's a team player. He's smart. He can make every single NFL throw. Is he still learning the game of course he is. But I know what he brings to the table and I liked it. Like I said come for the ride you might enjoy it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But these are circumstances all QBs face. It's not unique to Dak. The reality is Dak can be gun shy and tends to be a dump off type QB when he feels even the slightest bit of pressure.

If I could change one thing about Dak, it would be his pocket presence. I think he bails too often on plays because he thinks he's about to get hit.
Only experience is going to change that factor cuz look at my home everybody thought he was such a great quarterback. You got pressured up the middle and flustered. That's why you go out and you just play the game I like that he doesn't choke

Sydla

Reaction score
You could say this about every single player in the entire league

This is just another excuse for Dak. No, you can't literally say that about every player in the league.

I mean I have a pretty good idea what kind of player LVE will develop into and end up being. We had a pretty good idea what kind of players Tyron Smith and Zach Martin would develop into after a couple years in the league. You knew Elliott would be a stud after a few games.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is just another excuse for Dak. No, you can't literally say that about every player in the league.

I mean I have a pretty good idea what kind of player LVE will develop into and end up being. We had a pretty good idea what kind of players Tyron Smith and Zach Martin would develop into after a couple years in the league. You knew Elliott would be a stud after a few games.
You can say that about every single player in the entire league. Yeah I'd like against his first preseason game against Seattle. I watched 15 different starters after Troy Aikman. Then we have a great run with Tony. Yes I like this kid Prescott I think he's a winner I think he's a franchise quarterback. He went through three seasons of on-the-job training and he surpassed All my expectations.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

So you can speculate on play as you like but not play as you don't like for whatever reason. If that's a little hypocritical in my book. I remember I wanted Jack Martin and everybody during the offseason was giving me holy hell because they wanted defense. I think I have a little bit better perspective on football than most people. I live for football yes I don't have a life LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

And I don't make excuses for Prescott. Never have don't need to.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Google is having a problem today. You know I use speak in text

GenoT

Reaction score
Summa y’all really FEELING this thread, aintcha??!?

Carry on...;)

Sydla

Reaction score
Only experience is going to change that factor cuz look at my home everybody thought he was such a great quarterback. You got pressured up the middle and flustered. That's why you go out and you just play the game I like that he doesn't choke

Except experience might not change that. Some guys are just like that.

The answer for everything is Dak will change. Dak will adjust. Dak will get better. Guess what? He might not. He wouldn't be the first QB to not really improve over time and he won't be the last.

There are things I like about Dak. But there are things that worry me about Dak. I am not sure why some of you have such hard reactions to people who take that stance.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Amari Cooper made statements last season that confirmed my statements about this subject.
He wanted Dak to change the timing of when Dak targeted him on some plays based on the pre-snap coverage (Targeting Cooper earlier or later than the play design means changing the primary target). Dak initially said he had to stick with the play call but on some specific plays Dak gave in to Cooper's request and the results were very good.

Can you link to where any of this was said?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Except experience might not change that. Some guys are just like that.

The answer for everything is Dak will change. Dak will adjust. Dak will get better. Guess what? He might not. He wouldn't be the first QB to not really improve over time and he won't be the last.

There are things I like about Dak. But there are things that worry me about Dak. I am not sure why some of you have such hard reactions to people who take that stance.
I'll see where he can improve. But the point is he's more than capable. Where all those are it's impossible. That's just ludicrous saying a player can't get better

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My biggest problem with Prescott is his intermediate throw. Over the linebacker before the corner. But you never hear anybody speak of that because they repeat like parrots

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Consistency youngest starting team in the league to the second round of the playoffs. If that doesn't exceed all expectations. Wow

Sydla

Reaction score
I'll see where he can improve. But the point is he's more than capable. Where all those are it's impossible. That's just ludicrous saying a player can't get better

I didn't say he can't get better. It's ludicrous that you keep saying that to me in this debate.

All I have said is that the possibility exists, he might not get better and the QB we see now is the QB we get in future years. You seemingly want to believe that's not at all possible.