Dak-Deniers/Fact Haters, What Will Dak Have to Do for You to Eat Crow?

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
stop throwing off his damn back foot. I see it too often, he throws during the drop back off of his back foot and the throw is errant or weak. Dak is a young, exceptionally strong QB. I want to see solid, strong, on point throws, not a bunch at feet or 5 feet in front of the intended receiver. I get Dak is human and he will screw up at times, but I saw a lot of dirt and foot balls last year. I want to see that change.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I initially thought the same thing. Don't look that deep into what he said. Basically he doesn't trust in the Jones boys. But he does trust in the rest at least that's what I got out of it
Over evaluating the potential can lead to disappointment.

I’ve always based expectations on current trends. I certainly didn’t see the Cowboys as a greater team than any in the Final 4 last year.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, they don't pay QBs for wins. If that were the case, Tim Tebow would still be getting paid in the NFL. All he did was win.

I'll just say this........... the logic of having to overpay your QB and possibly enter into what could be a damaging contract because you fear you won't find someone better down the road is just a horrendous way to do business. You shouldn't base what you are willing or not willing to pay a QB on what kind of QB you can or can't get a year or two later.

Again, just because you think Minnesota and SF screwed up doesn't mean we don't have to as well. And it's not like if by waiting to pay Dak you lose him for sure after 2019. You could easily tag him for a couple of years as well while you work out a long term deal. People are acting scared like if you don't pay him now, you will lose him forever.
MIN and SF screwing up, if they did, isn't the point, that's what set the wheels in motion.

Tagging is the only real option available but what will that price be? And what is the overall price to the rest of the team with a "no confidence" vote for Prescott from the FO? That is unknown but you can bet the media circus on a tagged QB in Dallas would be far greater than what we saw in WAS.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I am an individual. I and I alone choose what I like or don't like about this franchise. Just because I choose to support the youngest starting team in the league and appreciate their accomplishment. Makes me nothing other than excited to see what the future is going to bring. I suffered through many treacherous Seasons with this franchise. It's nice to see something positive. I believe in this young team. I'm hoping Kellen Moore brings innovation and consistency. He has the talent to work with. Go Cowboys

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Over evaluating the potential can lead to disappointment.

I’ve always based expectations on current trends. I certainly didn’t see the Cowboys as a greater team than any in the Final 4 last year.
I don't get disappointed from failure. I learned from it. Although I understand what you're saying. How many teams have gone to the Superbowl in the last 10 years and haven't made the playoffs The Following season. We were in the playoffs two out of three seasons the Middle season was total turmoil and we didn't let it bring it down. That's yuge that's confidence that's locker-room camaraderie. And as long as we have that I think we will continue our winning ways. I don't think people realize how important of a word camaraderie is

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am an individual. I and I alone choose what I like or don't like about this franchise. Just because I choose to support the youngest starting team in the league and appreciate their accomplishment. Makes me nothing other than excited to see what the future is going to bring. I suffered through many treacherous Seasons with this franchise. It's nice to see something positive. I believe in this young team. I'm hoping Kellen Moore brings innovation and consistency. He has the talent to work with. Go Cowboys
I understand but Hope and Belief isn’t a true evaluation. It’s more of an emotion which is fine and expected from fans.
Go Cowboys!

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
stop throwing off his damn back foot. I see it too often, he throws during the drop back off of his back foot and the throw is errant or weak. Dak is a young, exceptionally strong QB. I want to see solid, strong, on point throws, not a bunch at feet or 5 feet in front of the intended receiver. I get Dak is human and he will screw up at times, but I saw a lot of dirt and foot balls last year. I want to see that change.
Good post, I think you can keep mechanics that comes with confidence also. Thank God he's on one of the better quarterbacks while on the move LOL

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand but Hope and Belief isn’t a true evaluation. It’s more of an emotion which is fine and expected from fans. Go Cowboys!
Football is an emotional game. And that's all it is a game none of us should know what's going to happen or we would own Vegas.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand but Hope and Belief isn’t a true evaluation. It’s more of an emotion which is fine and expected from fans.
Go Cowboys!
I give my opinion on evaluation. All expectations from the youngest starting team in the league I couldn't ask for more right now. Second round of the playoffs. And some people just go not enough next. That's not a true evaluation that's pure emotion

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Football is an emotional game. And that's all it is a game none of us should know what's going to happen or we would own Vegas.
True but we should always try to separate our emotions when providing evaluations or we end up sounding like proud parents. Just saying...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I give my opinion on evaluation. All expectations from the youngest starting team in the league I couldn't ask for more right now. Second round of the playoffs. And some people just go not enough next. That's not a true evaluation that's pure emotion
I agree. I was very proud of last season. One of the most enjoyable in last 20+ years.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Prescott evaluation on-the-job training for three seasons he should have been on the bench learning behind a veteran but that's not believe any longer you're thrown right into the fire the salary-cap dictates this. Learning defenses you have to play the game to understand the game. As far as his attributes. He has everything it takes to be a leader in this league. Quarterbacks no longer win games by themselves in my opinion . There's only one goat. It's a team sport like no other. So when Prescott and Company I trust

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Good post, I think you can keep mechanics that comes with confidence also. Thank God he's on one of the better quarterbacks while on the move LOL

his mechanics overall aren't terrible, and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to learn to fix what's wrong. You're right, he's REALLY good on the move, but I'd like to see him get better and more accustomed to throwing from the pocket as well.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting you have no faith our organization could find a better QB but have faith they can continue with the supporting cast once we pay him?
History says so. OL, RB, WR, DL, LB and secondary they have proven their moxie to me. QB, not once except by default or luck.

But this isn't different than any other team. Belichick is considered a good judge of talent and needed to luck into a 6th round QB. GB took their heir apparent because he unexpectedly fell. NO took a chance on a QB with a bum shoulder. And other than Mayfield, what QB looks like a keeper from that 2018 draft?

The QB position is the toughest one to pick and while it may seem like settling to some, getting one that can execute the offense and lead the team is Job 1.

And answer this for me as you're one not on board with Prescott. Was he the reason those two playoff games were lost?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
History says so. OL, RB, WR, DL, LB and secondary they have proven their moxie to me. QB, not once except by default or luck.

But this isn't different than any other team. Belichick is considered a good judge of talent and needed to luck into a 6th round QB. GB took their heir apparent because he unexpectedly fell. NO took a chance on a QB with a bum shoulder. And other than Mayfield, what QB looks like a keeper from that 2018 draft?

The QB position is the toughest one to pick and while it may seem like settling to some, getting one that can execute the offense and lead the team is Job 1.

And answer this for me as you're one not on board with Prescott. Was he the reason those two playoff games were lost?
Moxie. Head Over Heels in the end zone against the Falcons I believe it was the Falcons. He knew he was going to get hit.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I said multiple times I believe this is the season we should truly know what we have in a quarterback. Will he progress or will continue with the learning process I think he has enough confidence oh, that this is the season it all comes together for him and if it doesn't then we have one of the best backups in the league. It's all about progression getting better you can't allow yourself to go backwards. Go Cowboys

Sydla

Reaction score
MIN and SF screwing up, if they did, isn't the point, that's what set the wheels in motion.

Tagging is the only real option available but what will that price be? And what is the overall price to the rest of the team with a "no confidence" vote for Prescott from the FO? That is unknown but you can bet the media circus on a tagged QB in Dallas would be far greater than what we saw in WAS.

What’s interesting is that in your defense of paying Dak you are talking about things like how the team would feel and how we could find a worse QB in a few years.

Those things should NEVER factor in whether or not you should pay your QB elite money.

And the Washington-Cousins situation is not the same as here. There were other issues at play there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Indirectly yes, a contributing factor. It’s just not as visibly noticeable to the casual fan like Romo’s blunders were.

Getting off to slow starts offensively needing heroic comebacks isn’t an ingredient for success.

In Ram game their defense was able to shut down Elliott forcing Prescott to beat them . He went 1 for 10 on 3rd down conversions. 22 points not enough against these more prolific offenses and QB’s.

Our offense play calling is limited as a result of his skill sets which also produces a horrid Redzone and passing offense . 22nd ranked isn’t going to many championships.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What’s interesting is that in your defense of paying Dak you are talking about things like how the team would feel and how we could find a worse QB in a few years.

Those things should NEVER factor in whether or not you should pay your QB elite money.

And the Washington-Cousins situation is not the same as here. There were other issues at play there.
Yep The Fear Factor ...

Not pursuing another QB which I don’t believe was the driving force for our franchises decision which was based more on not looking the fool for putting the franchises all time leader in passing out to pasture.