Dak disappointed in Garrett and Kitna being let go

Dre11

Reaction score
A former coach "not named". Very credible stuff. I'm gonna start writing Cowboys articles tomorrow. Apparently having no viable sources makes me adequate for the job.

Lol, these reporters don't name sources, yet if its something you want to hear it would be gospel.
yeah with all the reports you jump on like flies on *****

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol....you didn't want him calling plays remember, you wanted him to leave Moore alone, my how folks flip flop
He should at least have a say. Its obvious he was being phased out since he's gone and Moore is still here

blueblood70

Reaction score
per former Cowboys coach, also Garrett not involved in Red zone play calling according to former coach

https://1053thefan.radio.com/articl...coach-thinks-dak-prescott-wants-out-of-dallas
goes to show you what long lasting insidious brainwashing's was done and now we are stuck with, its ok for him to miss his coaches but 8-8 and garett over 10 years no NFCCG appearances..you get fired for not excelling.. Dak its about wining not just money and relationship's..

focus on the future not the past!!

yesfan

Reaction score
I don’t believe Jerry and Stephen saw anything in the 2019 season that should have rewarded such a mediocre and underwhelming performance as to what Dak delivered. As a fan it was so hard to digest and the very last game against Philadelphia was a true measure of his talent that summed it up for the Jones family.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Look just stop. End of the day he didn't get the extension, ok? He's done here! You all danced around, told us to leave come July, that he would be extended, that we don't know football if you don't think he would be extended, blah blah blah. Cut the act, it's old.

It's obvious the jones, called MM for a meeting for his opinion. He probably was like

"look I know when I first came on board I said I was down with Prescott, he's a great QB, but that's because I thought you all were deeply in love with him, but since it's about to get nasty and obviously you guys are a little hesitant, I'll be honest. He's a good QB, but not elite, I've seen elite and great QBs. DO NOT cripple this team for one man's demands, especially if he's just a good player. We can make it work with someone else if need be"

So they are renting him for the year, that's the only reason they haven't rescinded the offer.

With all that said, facts are facts. He wasn't extended. You all got so giddy thinking he would be, now look. Just shut up and stop pretending to know what you think is real. Obviously all of you Dak fans, you and you're opinion/prediction was wrong. He's not as wanted as you believed. Or Jerry would have caved

#DontpayDak

Everyone heard the same squawking after Lawrence signed his FIRST tag offer. There were people that said and guaranteed that the Cowboys were going trade Lawrence before the trade deadline. People like the Prescott haters are just so sure they know exactly what is going to happen. And then when Lawrence wasn't traded and come after the season was over Lawrence get tagged again and those same people were saying things like they would bet their lives that Lawrence was getting traded but again those people were wrong AGAIN when just a few days later Lawrence signed a long term contract.

You keep on saying such humorous things. So many here think McCarthy is his own man and is a no nonsense type coach and you in you infinite lack of wisdom said McCarthy only said that he was looking forward to working with Prescott just to appease Jones.

Once again you talked like you have had long and discussions with Jones when in reality all you every have had conversations with is the silly little voice in your head and I'll bet you lose arguments with that voice on a daily basis. I'll bet each conversation that voice starts out with ah what's up doc?

The only fact thus far is Prescott will be playing this season on the tag AND THAT IS IT.. It is not a fact that he will be gone after this season. This will shock you but NOBODY, including you, knows what going to happen after this season so stop acting like you do.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Everyone heard the same squawking after Lawrence signed his FIRST tag offer. There were people that said and guaranteed that the Cowboys were going trade Lawrence before the trade deadline. People like the Prescott haters are just so sure they know exactly what is going to happen. And then when Lawrence wasn't traded and come after the season was over Lawrence get tagged again and those same people were saying things like they would bet their lives that Lawrence was getting traded but again those people were wrong AGAIN when just a few days later Lawrence signed a long term contract.

You keep on saying such humorous things. So many here think McCarthy is his own man and is a no nonsense type coach and you in you infinite lack of wisdom said McCarthy only said that he was looking forward to working with Prescott just to appease Jones.

Once again you talked like you have had long and discussions with Jones when in reality all you every have had conversations with is the silly little voice in your head and I'll bet you lose arguments with that voice on a daily basis. I'll bet each conversation that voice starts out with ah what's up doc?

The only fact thus far is Prescott will be playing this season on the tag AND THAT IS IT.. It is not a fact that he will be gone after this season. This will shock you but NOBODY, including you, knows what going to happen after this season so stop acting like you do.

I know what's going. Just because you are blind and not able to see things as clear as I do, don't get mad at me for that.

#DontpayDak

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
First, during the SB years the OL was arguably the best ever, but Aikman wasn't only there when the OL was great, which is why I asked if those stats were for his whole career.
Second, Dak has had great receivers and an OL that's been one of the best the whole time he's been here.
Third, the rules are much more offense friendly now than they were then.

I'm not say Dak is inaccurate, I'm just saying it's silly to downplay Troy's accuracy. When he was playing, he was commonly referred to as one of, if not the most accurate QBs in the game.

Lets clarify a couple of things. First Prescott had a really good line his rookie season and it hasn't been as good since. Those great receivers Prescott had like in Prescott's 2nd season was 1 drop away from leading the league in drops. In Prescott's 3rd season that receiver DID lead the league in drops. Last season the Cowboys receiving corp as a whole lead the league in drops. Now tell me when Aikman had those disadvantages.

Then the horrible line you keep talking about that Aikman had. Other than Aikman's rookie year when he was the 2nd most sacked QB in the league, after that he wasn't even close to that the rest of his career but listening to you people would think that he was the continual league leader in sacks. not to mention during those years Emmitt kept churning out 1000+ seasons. And then your excuse of how the defense played during Aikman's time yet there were anywhere from 4-11 starting QB's that had higher passing percentages than Aikman from 1992-2000, except 1993 when there was just 2. So much for your gee the defense made it so much harder yet other QB's had higher passing percentages. Now I liked Ailman and thought he did a heck of a job helping the Cowboys get those three rings but on pure passing, his completion percentage has not as good as Prescott's is yet many here, maybe not you, seem to think he has an accuracy problem.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lets clarify a couple of things. First Prescott had a really good line his rookie season and it hasn't been as good since. Those great receivers Prescott had like in Prescott's 2nd season was 1 drop away from leading the league in drops. In Prescott's 3rd season that receiver DID lead the league in drops. Last season the Cowboys receiving corp as a whole lead the league in drops. Now tell me when Aikman had those disadvantages.

Then the horrible line you keep talking about that Aikman had. Other than Aikman's rookie year when he was the 2nd most sacked QB in the league, after that he wasn't even close to that the rest of his career but listening to you people would think that he was the continual league leader in sacks. not to mention during those years Emmitt kept churning out 1000+ seasons. And then your excuse of how the defense played during Aikman's time yet there were anywhere from 4-11 starting QB's that had higher passing percentages than Aikman from 1992-2000, except 1993 when there was just 2. So much for your gee the defense made it so much harder yet other QB's had higher passing percentages. Now I liked Ailman and thought he did a heck of a job helping the Cowboys get those three rings but on pure passing, his completion percentage has not as good as Prescott's is yet many here, maybe not you, seem to think he has an accuracy problem.
Exaggerate much? When did I say Aikman's OL was horrible? I said they weren't that good, other than the SB years. And while Dak's was best his first year, they've been among the best every year.

Emmitt was churning out 1000+ yard seasons, yep. How many seasons has Elliott had less than 1000? And what does that have to do with either of their accuracy? And why are you still acting as though I'm comparing Troy and Dak, when I specifically said I wasn't? I was just disputing your assertion that Troy wasn't accurate, which I'm sure you actually know is false, since I'm guessing you were watching football when he was playing, and was considered one of the most accurate, if not the most accurate by pretty much everyone in the industry.

One more thing; Accurate passes don't get dropped nearly as often as inaccurate ones.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If you have a great working relationship with your immediate supervisor, then that supervisor gets fired, you are not going to like it. That's human nature. Most people do not like change and that particular kind of change can bring an uncertain future. If they can split with that supervisor then what's stopping them from splitting with me. That is what would be on most people's minds if something similar happens. So this is actually a non-starter to me. There's nothing to see here. No story. Just human nature.

Yep and sometimes you like your new supervisor more after a short period.

khiladi

Reaction score
Exaggerate much? When did I say Aikman's OL was horrible? I said they weren't that good, other than the SB years. And while Dak's was best his first year, they've been among the best every year.

Emmitt was churning out 1000+ yard seasons, yep. How many seasons has Elliott had less than 1000? And what does that have to do with either of their accuracy? And why are you still acting as though I'm comparing Troy and Dak, when I specifically said I wasn't? I was just disputing your assertion that Troy wasn't accurate, which I'm sure you actually know is false, since I'm guessing you were watching football when he was playing, and was considered one of the most accurate, if not the most accurate by pretty much everyone in the industry.

One more thing; Accurate passes don't get dropped nearly as often as inaccurate ones.

How on earth to people compare Aikman to Dak, based on completion percentage? Elway and Marino threw 59% their career, while Aikman was throwing 61%. It was a completely different era, where WRs could be speared over the middle, DBs could put their hands on the WR, thus the need of big, physical WRs, where small spot WRs were non-existent, and QBs could be killed. All three of them were way more accurate than Dak and could hit their WRs in stride.

Dak is already limited in the fact he’s not even close to a seven-step drop back passer. Both Moore and Linehan basically made it non-existent for Dak. He’s with running out of shot-gun or play action.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
You're Dak Blind man.....GL with that!

I don't even think Prescott is an elite QB now but soon will be and I do think he's much much much much better than the Prescott haters try to paint him

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

First I didn't say Aikman wasn't accurate, only that based on completion percentages not as accurate as Prescott. Next lets compare all of Elliott's THREE seasons of 1000+ yards to Emnmitt's TWELVE season in a row. Lets not overlook that Elliott's production has steadily gone downward since his rookie season.

You were the one that said Aikman didn't have a good line except during the Super Bowl years but gave nothing to prove that except your OPINION.. Sacks do show something and yet Aikman had his fewest sacks, 9, in 1998 long after those Super Bowl years.

Lastly the NFL's definition for a drop pass was the same when Aikman played as it is for Prescott so using drops as an excuse is just that. When you have a Bryant dropped balls that hit both hands chest high don't even try and put any fault on Prescott for drops. The NFL says that any ball under the same conditions a receiver would catch the ball but doesn't is considered a drop. Stop trying to add drops to either QB's completion percentage unless you use it for both.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It's ok, you'll soon see what some of us see. Then you'll join up once you see you've been deceived and taken advantage of.

#DontpayDak

Unlike people that rely on little voices in their heads like you, I'll wait until those that actually make the decisions make those decisions and refrain from thinking I know as fact what any of them are thinking or are going to do. You asound just like sportswriters who write articles just get clicks and have no real facts to work with. Don't bother replying because I'll just ignore you.