Dak disappointed in Garrett and Kitna being let go

Scotman

Reaction score
I'm disappointed, too. I wanted JG to get us back to the Superbowl. I'm disappointed he never even got close to getting it done. I'm disappointed we had to move on.

BUT...disappointed in him or not...we needed to move on.

erod

Reaction score
Did yall actually read that trash article? The only statement Dak ever made was that he is "blessed and grateful to still be a Cowboy".

Anything else is baseless opinions of others not involved with negotiations or ex-employees of the organization.

Gullible.
It's not baseless. It's Brian Broaddus, who is intimately tied in to the Cowboys organization. He passes leads to local reporters constantly, and has for years. Now he's officially full time at 105.3 The Fan.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Then you don't pay attention we have a whole slew of Dak critics who will not give him credit for anything. For me I blame the team for loses and wins, I have never pointed the finger at 1 player since in my view Football is the ultimate team sports. We lose Dak shares in it and if we win Dak shares in it. In terms of elite? Dak is not elite then again very few are, in my view you can have an elite season but does not make you elite. In my opinion elite is a player who year in and year out plays at a very high level. That separates good from elite in every sport.

What I see here is a good portion who would cut off their nose to spite their face before they would credit Dak for anything and there is a good portion who claim Dak as elite and does no wrong.

You see that's why I like you. You can at least admit there are fans here who love off Dak and think he can do no wrong.

They believe he raises the dead, and heals the sick .....*coughRockportcough*

#DontpayDak

erod

Reaction score
He knows nothing else.

Once he sees how much more effective he can be when the defense doesnt know what play is coming, MM will be his 2nd BFF after Todd France.

Not worried.

MM took on Brett Farve head on when he replaced him as the starter with Rodgers. Then he took Rodgers on head on when he didn't like his attitude and approach.

You think MM is looking for a best buddy?

cern

Reaction score
It's not baseless. It's Brian Broaddus, who is intimately tied in to the Cowboys organization. He passes leads to local reporters constantly, and has for years. Now he's officially full time at 105.3 The Fan.
broaddus is a disgruntled ex-employee who is still butt hurt the cowboys chose mickey spagnola over him. i like 105.3 the fan, but there is an element of shock jock to many of their broadcasts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You see that's why I like you. You can at least admit there are fans here who love off Dak and think he can do no wrong.

They believe he raises the dead, and heals the sick .....*coughRockportcough*

#DontpayDak

True and yet some who have a 180 view of Dak. I think as Jimmy Johnson said recently Dak is a very good QB. I don't see him as the best, I don't see him as elite. I see him as a very good QB who I have seen good growth in him and hope to see more.

Jimmy Johnson:
“I think (Jerry Jones) tried to give him a long term deal. I don’t know who filed up the thing, was it the agent, was it Jerry, was it Dak?” Jimmy Johnson told Colin Cowherd, via 247Sports. “Jerry is a hardline negotiator.”

“Because it is a new head coach, I don’t know how much McCarthy loves Dak. I think it’s a wait and see type of process. We’ll wait and see how he plays this year. But they didn’t want to overpay him or pay him like a Patrick Mahomes. They want to pay him like a very, very good player. That’s what he is, he’s a very, very good player, he’s a great leader, great person, but it’s a wait and see type of process this year.”

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...erm-deal-jimmy-johnson-reaction-colin-cowherd

erod

Reaction score
broaddus is a disgruntled ex-employee who is still butt hurt the cowboys chose mickey spagnola over him. i like 105.3 the fan, but there is an element of shock jock to many of their broadcasts.

Broaddus has been breaking stories like this for other reporters for years. Fisher relies on him.

Dak lost his blankey. The world just real to him, and I think he knows McCarthy won't cover for him like Garrett did.

Frozen700

Reaction score
He was offered an extension, that in itself proves they want him.

You dreamed up this whole MM/JJ conversation in your head, then turn around and say he's not wanted because of that same made up conversation... make it make sense.

Oh no it's true. You just don't want to believe it.

Of course they offered him a contract, they don't want to look like total ****** bags. Did they offer him *the* contract? Or one that he wanted?

No, they offered him what they wanted, and probably something they knew his greedy *** wouldn't go for. The whole time they probably said "look if he signs, we got him at a good price, and we can continue to build the team so he doesn't make us look bad, if he doesn't sign, oh well, he's not mind blowing like Pat, Lamar, Watson, Brady, Bree's,Rodgers, Big Ben ECT, so we can find another one of him"

#DontpayDak

cern

Reaction score
Broaddus has been breaking stories like this for other reporters for years. Fisher relies on him.

Dak lost his blankey. The world just real to him, and I think he knows McCarthy won't cover for him like Garrett did.
would that be the same mike fisher who reported more than once dak would be signed shortly? often, when there are only two possible outcomes to a story, a reported will just pull one out of his backside to get attention. then if he's correct, he crows like chanticleer. if he's wrong, he shuts up and just hopes it blows over. that's fisher.

Last edited:

Endzoneview

Reaction score
I'm sure Dak is disappointed. Garrett coddled him and never made him earn anything.
Garrett hoped he would save his job, but was blind to his weaknesses.
Now Dak has to actually produce. He's not accustomed to that.

A Rookie of the year award
2 NFC East Championships
2 Pro Bowls
4 top 10 QB rankings in 4 seasons

Yeah, he didn't produce, this is why you can't be taken seriously

Saying all that, I like Dak, I think he's what he is, a very good Qb, a franchise Qb that can win the Super Bowl, however I also feel that winning championships is standard for starting elite Qbs, Dak is not a elite Qb in the league of Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees or Jackson, Wilson but he's arguably top 8 so teams like Dallas are in a situation where they will have to overpay a higher than average Qb elite money, but that's the NFL and these guys like Ryan, Rivers and other quality Qbs in that tier of talent can win Super Bowls with help similar to Dak's skills and they are considered franchise Qbs such as Dak is considered, he is what he is and I still think this year will tell us everything we are asking:

Was it coaching that has kept us in neutral the last 10 years ?

Was it the players being immature and becoming arrogant like last year's team?

Does Dak have his shortcomings? yes

Does he have skills to win the SB? yes

I'm not concerned about next year as next year will come with it's challenges but right now I will cheer Dak on and bag on my Philly loving best friend every chance I get

But let's see if Dak can get us close, there is no other options this year!!

BTW- My buddy has been to every Eagle home game for 40 years and he has one thing he wants more than anything?

Dak leaving the Cowboys , he is praying for this!

Let that sink in

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broaddus is an old washer woman in the backyard, hanging up clothes and trading gossip with the other old washer women. Oh, the convenience of anonymous and unnamed sources, not to be confused with the reliable sources.

Sports reporting has become nothing more than the old entertainment gossip mags. Any source that lacks the balls to stand behind their statements isn't reliable. But that coach, if he exists, is among my favorites..........former coaches.

cern

Reaction score
Broaddus is an old washer woman in the backyard, hanging up clothes and trading gossip with the other old washer women. Oh, the convenience of anonymous and unnamed sources, not to be confused with the reliable sources.

Sports reporting has become nothing more than the old entertainment gossip mags. Any source that lacks the balls to stand behind their statements isn't reliable. But that coach, if he exists, is among my favorites..........former coaches.
growing up on biggs afb in el paso many years ago, we actually had clotheslines. i used to make match stick guns out of the clothespins.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If Dak played poorly his spot would've been taken. He won and played well in those games. It was a competition it just wasn't announced. Dak took his spot there's no shame in that.
Seriously, if it was a competition, Tony would have won it in the Eagles game. There was no competition, and IIRC, they announced that there wouldn't be one, which is partly why Romo chose to retire

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
But he's basing it on an ex coach's opinion. That coach probably has no idea where Dak's head is at. If he knew, then I'm sure Jerry would know, and they would have started looking for another QB.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Three threads regarding Dak's feelings.

What's happened to us and our beloved sport.

cowboyed

Reaction score
True and yet some who have a 180 view of Dak. I think as Jimmy Johnson said recently Dak is a very good QB. I don't see him as the best, I don't see him as elite. I see him as a very good QB who I have seen good growth in him and hope to see more.

Jimmy Johnson:
“I think (Jerry Jones) tried to give him a long term deal. I don’t know who filed up the thing, was it the agent, was it Jerry, was it Dak?” Jimmy Johnson told Colin Cowherd, via 247Sports. “Jerry is a hardline negotiator.”

“Because it is a new head coach, I don’t know how much McCarthy loves Dak. I think it’s a wait and see type of process. We’ll wait and see how he plays this year. But they didn’t want to overpay him or pay him like a Patrick Mahomes. They want to pay him like a very, very good player. That’s what he is, he’s a very, very good player, he’s a great leader, great person, but it’s a wait and see type of process this year.”

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/da...erm-deal-jimmy-johnson-reaction-colin-cowherd

Can't disagree with any of that! And the over the top Dak is horrible detractors in here who always heralded Jimmy Johnson well I guess he doesn't know what he is talking about, right?