Video: "Dak does not suck". "Run game, Pass game too basic." -Chris Simms Unbuttoned

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If only there was some sort of a warm up season where the games don't count where they could have practiced this new offense. A short season before the season, a "pre-season" if you will.
The reality is MM is coaching for his job. That is why he is the offensive coordinator. Dak is playing for a big extension and he will get at least another season.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
People will blame Dak being dumb but McCarthy ran the same offense for his HOF qb is green bay and got criticism for it. People like to conveniently forget that.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Dak does suck. Too many times have we heard simplify or tweak for him. 8 years down hill regression run away train.

Reaction score
Simms watched film of the game thinks our offense is too basic and easy to defend. He doesn't think Dak sucks and thinks Dak had no chance vs Niners with our scheme.

lol,,, it's either too complicated for the QB and receivers to figure out or it's too basic and easy for the defense to figure out. Sounds like a better QB and (maybe) receivers are needed. QB doesn't have to be a physical specimen with a golden arm either, just be able to process information quickly and not be easy to rattle.

KB1122

Reaction score
The scheme is too basic because of the quarterback.Or at least what the coaches think about the quarterback.

McMicah

Reaction score
I never saw Dak as a ‘carry the team’ QB, but now I’m starting to view him as a legitimate liability.

- I think he frustrates his receivers with his bad reads and inaccurate throws that make them look bad or get killed after the catch. I wonder if CeeDee even wants to be here. There’s no way Cooks is this bad.

- I think he frustrates the coaches who are trying to design an offense he is comfortable in and he’s got catch-22 weaknesses where he can’t really do anything well now that his athleticism is sapped

- I think he frustrates the defense because they go into games and within the 1st quarter they know it’s not even worth it to kill themselves playing because Dak is ‘off’, and they are gonna be on the field all night.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The basic Dumb Dumb Dummy offense is because of the peanut that resides in Between Dak's ears . . . Close the thread

Everybody in the Media has to have their own schtick in order to garner views in this weekly cycle

Meanwhile Delusional Dak Die Hards Cling to it Like a Dingle Berry

It Stinks
Yet with KM we had top 5 offense.

Hmmmm

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Romo did way more with so much less.
He also wasn’t good, I hate it when people bring up either. I do think Dak is worse but regardless they both are losers. Don’t care what Romo may have done with more either, bc in reality he still wasn’t it. Our biggest problem is paying top dollar without having proof of any success and by success I mean playoff runs not wild card, not one playoff win but nfc championship and if not then don’t pay them top dollar. Look at Tampa right now, 8.5 million for one year. If Baker doesn’t produce my bet is they won’t give him some massive contract. Dak and Romo amongst others shouldn’t have been paid big before proof of success.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The reality is MM is coaching for his job. That is why he is the offensive coordinator. Dak is playing for a big extension and he will get at least another season.
He won't be on the team next year unless he has an all-pro rest of the season.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I get where the offensive game play issues are coming into discussion. When I rewatched the game a common theme I saw was that receivers were constantly running routes that put them on the same level, which makes zero sense to me. I also saw a lot of what looked like poor decisions live, but looking back seemed to be predetermined throws, not sure if that's on Dak or the playcaller.

With that said though it can both be true that the offensive game plan needs to be better and Dak needs to be better. We also saw multiple times that Dak was nowhere close to hitting guys running open. There seemed to be a lot of deep balls that just floated. Dak looked uncomfortable dropping back all night, and struggled to get the ball out, even in situations where he needed to just throw it away.

Can't let MM off the hook for this one. Can't let Brian Schottenheimer off the hook for this one. Can't let the skill guys off the hook for this one....but you also can't let Dak off the hook for this one. It's the one thing that gives me some hope moving forward that there is so much that can be worked on. The piece that worries me though is that there is so much that can be worked on.
100% i came out of watching this game again in the second half especially that the overaction and negativity toward dak when you see the pass rush and lack of separation and where he was trying hard to make play where there wasn't many to be made wasn't really on him for the most part.

also, anybody who keeps saying there might had been a chance 18 point down to come back if not for the INts, hmm, literally need to go back and really check out the situations.

on offense right out of the half, only to have the defense give up an easy seven points once again, then yes after the interception but it was still a long field , easily give up another easy 7.. . so you get rested halftime you get a FG after long drive so fully rested and adjustments in hand, gave up a rather easy 7 , how easy a flag brought back a 40 yard completion to be 1st and 25 and next pay another 4oyard completion to get it all back, on the second drive from the offense with few first downs then the INT on long field BTW, the defense gives up 14 points pretty quickly,

there was almost no resistance and all desperation time and dak trying to get somebody the ball no matter what. . i mean it's crazy to think that gallup tight coverage ball that hit him in the stomach turned into the 2nd INT is on dak, dez makes that play or at least it hits the ground, the first ints was long pass with a defender coming in hot dak let it go for BC3 to run under it and for the 2nd time in the game Cooks just was covered and not much separation, literally didn't get under the ball and FS did? Dak was hoping he got plenty on it for BC speed and well where's the speed , hard to overthrow 3 when dak didn't even step into the pass as the defender was right there in his face on the follow through.

lastly anybody saw last night's game see patrick mahomes 1st qtr RZ in trafic just chucks it up and its picked..that early in game and game onthe ,one..not reckless form this elite qb?? big difference is teen had his back and they won the game.. sure the int was far worse then daks game was early late game was 16-8 vs more..int mattered nones talking about it TEAM WON if they were playing a better team like the 49ers they would have lost that game.. that offense has not been as dangerous as in the past but their defense picked them up. see those calls those runs that d..yup for the chiefs not for Dak and the Offense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let’s give MM’s offense more than 5 games. Geez. I could make an argument that the offense was fine for the first 4 games and really had one bad game. As a Dak fan there are limitations to his ability now in his 8th year. 1. He cannot make all the type of throws he could when he was younger. 2. Dak cannot run anymore and 3. He cannot see certain coverages well. He has problems seeing linebackers in coverages. 4. I think the pressure is finally getting to him being the quarterback of America’s Team. Now the home fan base is turning on him. Fans/media that forced Jerry to give Dak that contract now are questioning Dak’s performance.
Yeah...you sound like a Dak fan! :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If only there was some sort of a warm up season where the games don't count where they could have practiced this new offense. A short season before the season, a "pre-season" if you will.
But then they wouldn't have had the element of surprise!

shabazz

Reaction score
I never saw Dak as a ‘carry the team’ QB, but now I’m starting to view him as a legitimate liability.

- I think he frustrates his receivers with his bad reads and inaccurate throws that make them look bad or get killed after the catch. I wonder if CeeDee even wants to be here. There’s no way Cooks is this bad.

- I think he frustrates the coaches who are trying to design an offense he is comfortable in and he’s got catch-22 weaknesses where he can’t really do anything well now that his athleticism is sapped

- I think he frustrates the defense because they go into games and within the 1st quarter they know it’s not even worth it to kill themselves playing because Dak is ‘off’, and they are gonna be on the field all night.
…….he frustrates the hell out of the fans too.

75boyz

Reaction score
I get where the offensive game play issues are coming into discussion. When I rewatched the game a common theme I saw was that receivers were constantly running routes that put them on the same level, which makes zero sense to me. I also saw a lot of what looked like poor decisions live, but looking back seemed to be predetermined throws, not sure if that's on Dak or the playcaller.

With that said though it can both be true that the offensive game plan needs to be better and Dak needs to be better. We also saw multiple times that Dak was nowhere close to hitting guys running open. There seemed to be a lot of deep balls that just floated. Dak looked uncomfortable dropping back all night, and struggled to get the ball out, even in situations where he needed to just throw it away.

Can't let MM off the hook for this one. Can't let Brian Schottenheimer off the hook for this one. Can't let the skill guys off the hook for this one....but you also can't let Dak off the hook for this one. It's the one thing that gives me some hope moving forward that there is so much that can be worked on. The piece that worries me though is that there is so much that can be worked on.
Another excellent post.