Dak doesn't deserve comeback player of the year

khiladi

Reaction score
Burrows sacks are mostly his own doing

How does this in anyway prove the sacks are his? You think 2.6 seconds is long? The fastest to faster release time in the NFL are right at thar mark. For example, Carr led the league in 2019 at release time at 2.55 seconds. Drew Brees, who is one of the all-time greatest, was at 2.59 and Andy Dalton, who is known for getting the ball out quickly in a West Coast offense was 2.61

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Believing Dak is not a good QB means you're a moron. And quite frankly, the opinion of that person isn't worth a damn.
I'ts cute that you guys that don't know football stick together.

Keep it up! Maybe if you guys put all your knowledge together you might muster one intelligent take. I doubt it, but hey, don't give up!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Are you drunk? So Dak has never been in the divisional round? LOL.... OHHH wait youre being funny :laugh:

Dak lead his team to the divisional round in his 2nd season and Burrow lead his to the divisional round in his 2nd season. But Dak leading the Cowboys to the divisional round in his 2nd season still didn't negate him from being faulted and blamed for the Cowboys losing to the Rams. Now I guess some are so forgetful due to their constant negativity surrounding Dak. :laugh:

Playmaker247

Reaction score
How does this in anyway prove the sacks are his? You think 2.6 seconds is long? The fastest to faster release time in the NFL are right at thar mark. For example, Carr led the league in 2019 at release time at 2.55 seconds. Drew Brees, who is one of the all-time greatest, was at 2.59 and Andy Dalton, who is known for getting the ball out quickly in a West Coast offense was 2.61
I’m not saying all his sacks are his. But he doesn’t help his offensive line at all. I gotta find the stat but basically they ranked all the QB’s from a pressure % to sacks allowed standpoint and burrow was bottom 5 in the league, meaning he gets sacked way more than his offensive line pressures given up would indicate.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Based on what? He’s currently playing with better WR’s and a better RB. Only thing better here is the offensive line

Burrow's defense playing right now, like a lot claim the Cowboys defense to play like. So far it helps Burrow that he doesn't have to light up the scoreboard and his defense is holding the Titans down so far.

khiladi

Reaction score
Burrow does.

He turned the franchise around and already led the Bengals further into the playoffs than Dak did.

Technically the Cowboys got to the second round, but Zeke carried them. He threw a pick on a three play series before the last play and Zeke ran the ball like six times on the last drive, Zeke completely wearing down the Seattle front the whole second half, and Dak was like 0-3 passing and got gifted a Iffy PI on Beasley on a third and short.

When Dak had the QB sneak on around the 20, the call by Linehan, he had a wide open hole than even my grandmother could run through. Collins basically had his first defender to block like at the 7.

visionary

Reaction score
Burrow does.

He turned the franchise around and already led the Bengals further into the playoffs than Dak did.

Dak will win every single award that comes from being a company man but none that come from being an elite QB

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Already led the Bengals further into the playoffs than Dak EVER did.

Wrong! Dak made it to the divisional round in 2016 due to the Cowboys being the number one seed and won a playoff game in 2018 leading the Cowboys to the divisional round. Burrow may go further in the playoffs today if the Bengals hold on but as of this posting he hasn’t.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Found the stat. QB’s at the bottom make their o line look worse and the ones at the top make it look better

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m not saying all his sacks are his. But he doesn’t help his offensive line at all. I gotta find the stat but basically they ranked all the QB’s from a pressure % to sacks allowed standpoint and burrow was bottom 5 in the league, meaning he gets sacked way more than his offensive line pressures given up would indicate.

If by pressure percentage, it refers to how long the OL holds a block, that’s some bogus stat IMO. The cut off mark is like 2.6 seconds of holding a block. That means nothing as far as pressure on the QB is concerned, because the QB could be .5 seconds away from the ‘beaten’ block and it’s still considered pressure. I’m not sure how it accurately measures it.

That’d probably where the 2.6 number comes from for PFF.

But even if we assume that is where the Tweet is coming from, meaning the 2.6 second benchmark, this tweet is meaningless, because it’s not comparing release time in respect to pressure.

Playmaker247

Reaction score
If by pressure percentage, it refers to how long the OL holds a block, that’s some bogus stat IMO. The cut off mark is like 2.6 seconds of holding a block. That means nothing as far as pressure on the QB is concerned, because the QB could be .5 seconds away from the ‘beaten’ block and it’s still considered pressure. I’m not sure how it accurately measures it.

That’d probably where the 2.6 number comes from for PFF.

But even if we assume that is where the Tweet is coming from, meaning the 2.6 second benchmark, this tweet is meaningless, because it’s not comparing release time in respect to pressure.
It’s not using a 2.6 benchmark. See above mention

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s not using a 2.6 benchmark. See above mention

Im talking about this stat:

It’s clear he is referencing a 2.6 second benchmark. How long you are holding onto the ball says nothing about pressure. And like I said, average release time of a quick release of a QB is around 2.5 as far as 2019 was concerned. Dak around 2018 was like 2.8 seconds and I think he was charted at 2.61 in a game earlier this year.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
For sure, it shouldn't even be in discussion at this point. What Burrow has done is more impressive - he's not playing 6 cupcake games in the NFC East. He actually had to lead his team to win a division that had two playoff winners last year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Funny that the Bengals Oline is terrible and they can still function like an NFL offense.
Yep
Led the league in sacks and 6 already this game with nearly 20 minutes to go

Playmaker247

Reaction score
Im talking about this stat:

It’s clear he is referencing a 2.6 second benchmark.

I understand that but forget that stat. If you don’t think it’s good then here’s another one. It’s all pointing to the same conclusion.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What does winning a playoff game have to do with being comeback player of the year? Dak led his team to more wins.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
For sure, it shouldn't even be in discussion at this point. What Burrow has done is more impressive - he's not playing 6 cupcake games in the NFC East. He actually had to lead his team to win a division that had two playoff winners last year.

Dak has been playing for 6 years, 7 coming up? Give him time, at least the remaining 3 years or so...he'll get it. Hey, JJ stuck with Garrett for 10 years...he knows it will all work out.