Dak extension?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think it's going to be good to see Dak in a more traditional WCO. I think that style suits him because, instead of curl routes, he will be able to throw to players already running, instead of having to stop to come back to the ball. This should help because the DBs won't be able to have that half-step difference, which makes the difference between a completion and interception.
I agree on the WCO, however, from what I see ( like @Hadenough) Dak/receivers have, over the recent years, not clicked on slanting/in routes.
I'm not placing blame, but curls appeared suited to Dak, Receiver's and Moore.
Let's hope for an improvement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I honestly think he is going to struggle hitting players in stride. That is exactly why this offense runs curl routes. He can't even throw a simple swing pass to Zeke In stride without Zeke having to either reach behind him or leap up 2 feet in the air.
Guess you missed it when Amari came here that’s all he did was hit him in stride. I also find it funny people think hitting in stride is attributed to accuracy and every pass has to be in stride or in the numbers….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree on the WCO, however, from what I see Dak/receivers have, over the recent years, not clicked on slanting/in routes.
Curls are fine but every single play? It’s too predictable. I don’t believe that Moore is that stupid so I’m not sure why they felt the need to do it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
how many more posts before we hit the obligatory Dak related post? come on folks, come on haters, come on supporters. get it done. 15 pages right around the corner
It's a Dak Extension thread where some on here have argued that we MUST extend Dak....some of us are just balancing that it should be for on field criteria/SB winning and not CAP considerations.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Guess you missed it when Amari came here that’s all he did was hit him in stride. I also find it funny people think hitting in stride is attributed to accuracy and every pass has to be in stride or in the numbers….
That was 4 years ago. Not saying receivers aren't to share the blame, but in the last two years there has been a decline in success.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Curls are fine but every single play? It’s too predictable. I don’t believe that Moore is that stupid so I’m not sure why they felt the need to do it.
....the In routes vrs GB (and I think Bears) game/s were the watershed, its as if Dak/receivers/Moore lost confidence. There are/were a lot of passes dropped and that's been for the last two years.... and especially vrs 9ers who like to flood the center.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That was 4 years ago. Not saying receivers aren't to share the blame, but in the last two years there has been a decline in success.
Probably a mix of everything. Plays could be developing too slow, lack of confidence in line, overconfidence in arm….I don’t know what it is but needs to be corrected because I’m just chalking up last year as an anomaly but two years straight? That becomes the norm.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Probably a mix of everything. Plays could be developing too slow, lack of confidence in line, overconfidence in arm….I don’t know what it is but needs to be corrected because I’m just chalking up last year as an anomaly but two years straight? That becomes the norm.
I'll agree with that. Part of it could be Moore's All or Nothing approach (as in the way he abandoned the running game).
My concern is whether it's based on Dak losing confidence and reverting to something more risk averse(curls).
My real question as to Dak is the confidence/composure and leadership when things go wrong...if he can prove he can overcome that (especially with the burden of the massive contract), then he's worth the extension, if not we can't keep flogging it (based on hope).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ehh it’s not a badge of honor but you play 6 games in the NFC East every year. That’s 35 percent of your games. That’s pretty crucial and a asset to take care of your division especially if 3 out of those 4 teams were in the playoffs.
I don;t disagree with that one bit. "owning a division"....isn't a bad thing. We have to do better outside of it...and be ready to move past the 2nd round.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's a notion that "Dak owns the NFCE".....and that is a badge of great honor.

Really? Maybe 20-40 years ago. We've been one of the worst divisions in football for a decade. "owning it"......is just Dak Love And Protection/
Dak "owns" dog teams.......period.
How many times has he faced good defenses and looked lost in space out there?
d2ac63e9-b9c1-494f-8266-3bf073d4885c_750x422.jpg

30-0 at the start of the 4th Q at home.

NFC East is no cake walk and Dak's days of owning the division are finished.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I honestly think he is going to struggle hitting players in stride. That is exactly why this offense runs curl routes. He can't even throw a simple swing pass to Zeke In stride without Zeke having to either reach behind him or leap up 2 feet in the air.
Well, this would be a good way to find out. Imo, I think the rest of this offense is well suited for the WCO. I like Dak, but I think, if he can't run this style, then we might need a new QB. I think drafting a midround QB this year and an early round QB next year would be good. Especially if they can throw WCO passes.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree on the WCO, however, from what I see ( like @Hadenough) Dak/receivers have, over the recent years, not clicked on slanting/in routes.

I certainly hope for an improvement there as well. I think, at the very least, the miscommunications should be reduced by way of the different playcalls that will take place through the WCO

Big D

Reaction score
You could rank 25 QBs or more above Dak the way he played against the 49ers! Dak performed like a 2nd string QB. Jimmy G would of won that game. I bet even Sam Darnold would of shown better composure than Dak.
Which one of those unnamed 25 would've had the performance that Dak did the previous week to advance to divisional game to meet the 49ers? Jimmy G? Darnold?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don;t disagree with that one bit. "owning a division"....isn't a bad thing. We have to do better outside of it...and be ready to move past the 2nd round.
They did good out of it they what playoff teams last year. Didn’t move past the 2nd round. Probably at some point going to have to learn how to beat the 9ers at some point.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
For the record..I have said it before. We CAN win with Dak. He does have to cut down on some of the head scratching mistakes.

Beating Brady? First off...is it a team game or not? Isn't when convenient I suppose. 2ndly...8 other QB's did it last year. In and out and back in retirement. 15 years ago...even 10....might be something to hang your hat on. Last year? Um...no.

mqdefault.jpg
Your slipping

starfan1

Reaction score
If they want Max Duggan they will get him. They’ve won’t have to worry about anyone jumping in front of them he’s not projected to go high and if he does that benefits the Cowboys.
i think that would be wise. I have seen mocks projecting him to the cowboys. I actually have done several simulations and I have mocked him in and around the 5th or 6th round with stetson bennett

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i think that would be wise. I have seen mocks projecting him to the cowboys. I actually have done several simulations and I have mocked him in and around the 5th or 6th round with stetson bennett
And I’m fine there. I heard talk of Max in the 2nd though and that’s where I was like hell naw….