Dak faced the easiest average pass defense DVOA of opponents this season

Slick

Reaction score
If you look at your first read and he is not open then go to your second read and he is not open and you have pressure what do you do?

Take the sack?
Throw it away?
Turn over on downs?
Or force it?

All 3 are bad options. Only 1 has a chance of working. If you are behind late you don't have a choice.

It is easy to see from your coach on replay the 3rd/4th option being wide open, but with pressure early you don't get to that point.

There is a reason QB's with a clean pocket play better. It is not rocket science.

If you think Romo or Dak look at their first read and he is open and they decide to ignore it, then do the same for their second read, to then force it on their 3rd read, you are out of your mind.
I think they have or had their go to guys and maybe don't look at every read...... But throwing into triple coverage is dumber than throwing out of bounds and getting another play.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think they have or had their go to guys and maybe don't look at every read...... But throwing into triple coverage is dumber than throwing out of bounds and getting another play.
I agree, but their comes a point in a game if you are down and running out of time that throwing it away is no longer an option.

Carnes

Reaction score
Was this Determination made before the season started or after it finished? Context is very important

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Was this Determination made before the season started or after it finished? Context is very important
I believe it would all have to be based on final rankings. prior to the season starting everything is just speculation.

Ken

Reaction score
Well, that matches what I saw. He struggled against any team with a semblance of defense. We played a LOT of cupcakes and he took full advantage.
Might as well past this into your sig....we know this is what you are going to cling to...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Why does it bother people that Dak has been phenomenal this season to the point where they have to expend energy trying to poo poo it? The dude has str8 balled out in all but a few games. In 7 games against playoff teams he topped 100 passer rating in 4 of the and a 99.4 in another. He had three bad games .. AZ, Buffalo and SF. He won two games with next to nothing from the running game (< 100 yards) and won another game with the defense giving up 35 points. Any pretense that he was not simply outstanding is just somebody chasing agenda. And it is to be ignored.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why does it bother people that Dak has been phenomenal this season to the point where they have to expend energy trying to poo poo it? The dude has str8 balled out in all but a few games. In 7 games against playoff teams he topped 100 passer rating in 4 of the and a 99.4 in another. He had three bad games .. AZ, Buffalo and SF. He won two games with next to nothing from the running game (< 100 yards) and won another game with the defense giving up 35 points. Any pretense that he was not simply outstanding is just somebody chasing agenda. And it is to be ignored.
Everyone loves stats. Until they don't.

Carnes

Reaction score
Exactly. You Don't know till it's over so he did what he was supposed to do. Not his fault who they played.

I believe it would all have to be based on final rankings. prior to the season starting everything is just speculation.
This is why these kind of stats don't really tell the whole story. The schedule is made he did not chose who they played. He did what he was supposed to do and that was play the teams on the schedule.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is why these kind of stats don't really tell the whole story. The schedule is made he did not chose who they played. He did what he was supposed to do and that was play the teams on the schedule.
Not about choice. It's just data. He played some amazing football. It was against bad pass defenses. Both things can be true.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not about choice. It's just data. He played some amazing football. It was against bad pass defenses. Both things can be true.
The Eagles and Commanders might all have ranked a lot better in pass defense were it not for being strafed by Dak. Same with the Lions The Jets were #2 in pass defense this season.. I don't recall Dak having a lot of trouble with them.. 31 for 38 (81.6 %) 2 TD 0 INTs and a 112.4 passer rating. Seems like that was a pretty good defense that he dismantled pretty easily. Same with the Pats D.. They ranked #11 and Dak went 26 for 34 (82.4%) 1 TD no picks and a 108.3 rating. And this was while he and McCarthy were still figuring things out. I dare say if he faced those defenses now it would be even uglier for them. Point being.. Dak contributed mightily to some of the bad rankings some of these opponents ended up with.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Eagles and Commanders might all have ranked a lot better in pass defense were it not for being strafed by Dak. Same with the Lions The Jets were #2 in pass defense this season.. I don't recall Dak having a lot of trouble with them.. 31 for 38 (81.6 %) 2 TD 0 INTs and a 112.4 passer rating. Seems like that was a pretty good defense that he dismantled pretty easily. Same with the Pats D.. They ranked #11 and Dak went 26 for 34 (82.4%) 1 TD no picks and a 108.3 rating. And this was while he and McCarthy were still figuring things out. I dare say if he faced those defenses now it would be even uglier for them. Point being.. Dak contributed mightily to some of the bad rankings some of these opponents ended up with.
Just stop dude. 1 game against Dak didn't skew the numbers that far. Maybe a position or 2 in the rankings. It's not like they went from top 10 to bottom 10 after 1 game. Why is it so hard to say that he played great ball this season but he also benefitted from playing some really bad pass defenses. He played great against teams he should play great against, he also beat some pretty good defenses but it wasn't as pretty, as you would expect it wouldn't be. Stop being so sensitive about data.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Just stop dude. 1 game against Dak didn't skew the numbers that far. Maybe a position or 2 in the rankings. It's not like they went from top 10 to bottom 10 after 1 game. Why is it so hard to say that he played great ball this season but he also benefitted from playing some really bad pass defenses. He played great against teams he should play great against, he also beat some pretty good defenses but it wasn't as pretty, as you would expect it wouldn't be. Stop being so sensitive about data.
Your avatar is a joke and people like you are just waiting to trash on Dak any chance you get. So even though he played MVP level ball, here comes the stat dorks to try and rain on his parade. Having to dig deep into the corny PFF type analytics.

You have a strict agenda on Dak.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your avatar is a joke and people like you are just waiting to trash on Dak any chance you get. So even though he played MVP level ball, here comes the stat dorks to try and rain on his parade. Having to dig deep into the corny PFF type analytics.

You have a strict agenda on Dak.
Yes, it is a joke. Good job recognizing. He's played great since I changed my avatar. The prayers are working. You're welcome.

Cmac

Reaction score
Well, that matches what I saw. He struggled against any team with a semblance of defense. We played a LOT of cupcakes and he took full advantage.
Is there anything else to diminish his play? Your claim would apply to CeeDee too.

kramskoi

Reaction score
At the end of the day QBR is adjusted for the strength of opposing defenses. Prescott was pushed into second place by just 0.2 points by Purdy. But his RAW, PAA, EPA, PASS scores were all better (Prescott led the league in those four categories) than Purdy. Appreciably better, which means Prescott contributed more to his team's offense than any other quarterback this year, including Mahomes, Jackson and Allen. With just 112 rushing yds/game this should be obvious.

QBR......PAA.....Plays...EPA......PASS....RUN...............................RAW

72.737.253076.966.89.1-10.21.073.0 Purdy
72.557.0724106.791.610.6-16.34.575.3 Prescott

Last edited:

b0xZZ

Reaction score
You Romo-loving Dak haters are back to your usual BS shenanigans, huh? It's too much to put your brain to use and realize Dak dissected many opposing defenses, even after opposing coaches afterwards admit Dak figured them out?

Y'all are the worst. Do everyone a favor. Go follow another team since Dak is not going anywhere.
Wait are we in a cult? Is that what this is? I know you wanna say it fem boi go ahead.

Chasing6

Reaction score
At the end of the day QBR is adjusted for the strength of opposing defenses. Prescott was pushed into second place by just 0.2 points by Purdy. But his RAW, PAA, EPA, PASS scores were all better (all were #1 in the league) than Purdy. Appreciably better, which means Prescott contributed more to his team's offense than any other quarterback this year, including Mahomes, Jackson and Allen. With just 112 rushing yds/game this should be obvious.

QBR......PAA.....Plays...EPA......PASS....RUN...............................RAW

72.737.253076.966.89.1-10.21.073.0 Purdy
72.557.0724106.791.610.6-16.34.575.3 Prescott
And Purdy has a legit running game to help make his job a lot easier. Defenses have to commit to stopping the run.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Well thank god you for your ‘look at me’ post out for the day.
Everyday, without fail. Could be a non-combative thread and he will come in with his usual, followed by a silly emoji.

I can tell who it is without even reading the posts author.