Twitter: Dak gets choked up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I can't hate on Dak. He has an average skill set, but his intangibles make it hard to root against the guy. If Dak were a little bit more accurate, he'd be the perfect qb for this team.

Very easy guy to like. I mean, he is not the most talented QB in the league by a long way IMO but in certain ways, he has more of what's important then anybody I've seen enter the league in years.

Good post.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah, hopefully he can really stick it to them by continuing that type of play in the playoffs.

Oh, wait....

(And even if we had managed to finish atop the worst division in professional football, the playoffs don't feature the "10-12 man on IR, playing practice squad rejects" type of teams that Dak normally feasts on.)
Cowboys Roy keeps mentioning passing leader but the top 5 didn’t make the playoffs so what’s his point? Like I said some of these guys like Dak for non football reasons and that explains how they are sooo delusional about him. If Dak is sooo good would you want to hype up a stat that has him mentioned with Winston, Rivers, Matt Ryan?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Very easy guy to like. I mean, he is not the most talented QB in the league by a long way IMO but in certain ways, he has more of what's important then anybody I've seen enter the league in years.

Good post.
How does he have more of what’s important? What’s important is football skills. The N in nfl doesn’t stand for nice. What makes him so easy to root for? Is it because he says sounds good nothing? I don’t get that. You must like dang near everybody then because ime most people are “easy to like” in real life if you’re around them for any time. Y’all arent even around Dak so that’s why I find it strange but we are all different though. I’m not giving Dak credit for the equivalent of paying his own bills like most people aren’t decent people overall because he plays sports.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Cowboys Roy keeps mentioning passing leader but the top 5 didn’t make the playoffs so what’s his point? Like I said some of these guys like Dak for non football reasons and that explains how they are sooo delusional about him. If Dak is sooo good would you want to hype up a stat that has him mentioned with Winston, Rivers, Matt Ryan?

Right, but if you went and compared Dak to Ryan, they go ballistic and talk about how overrated Ryan is, like they're offended by being compared to a guy who put up nearly identical stats this year and put up ridiculous numbers last year.....

MCMetal69

Reaction score
When I read the headline , I thought you were talking about his play the final month and a half.....................................:facepalm:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
How does he have more of what’s important? What’s important is football skills. The N in nfl doesn’t stand for nice. What makes him so easy to root for? Is it because he says sounds good nothing? I don’t get that. You must like dang near everybody then because ime most people are “easy to like” in real life if you’re around them for any time. Y’all arent even around Dak so that’s why I find it strange but we are all different though. I’m not giving Dak credit for the equivalent of paying his own bills like most people aren’t decent people overall because he plays sports.

If you can't figure it out, we don't need to be discussing it. You want to have this kind of conversation with somebody else, go ahead and do that but don't waste my time showing me what you don't know. I don't care. Move along.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Right, but if you went and compared Dak to Ryan, they go ballistic and talk about how overrated Ryan is, like they're offended by being compared to a guy who put up nearly identical stats this year and put up ridiculous numbers last year.....
That is the thing when you’re just using emotions it leaves to many holes that are easily exploited. I’ve got caught being that way myself so I know. That’s why I try to keep it based on reality and not feelings.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If you can't figure it out, we don't need to be discussing it. You want to have this kind of conversation with somebody else, go ahead and do that but don't waste my time showing me what you don't know. I don't care. Move along.
Spare me. You’re posting here right now so you’re time at the current moment is not that worthy of claiming it’s being wasted. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have replied back in the first place. I’m just wondering how do get these things from someone you’ve most likely spent no meaningful time around. I find it hard and maybe you can help me out with your way of how you do such. If you don’t want to help me out ok.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Spare me. You’re posting here right now so you’re time at the current moment is not that worthy of claiming it’s being wasted. If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have replied back in the first place. I’m just wondering how do get these things from someone you’ve most likely spent no meaningful time around. I find it hard and maybe you can help me out with your way of how you do such. If you don’t want to help me out ok.

My time on this board is well worth it. My time wasted on trying to explain the obvious to you is just that, wasted. I told you, I'm not your guy to do this with. Move on, it's in your best interests.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
My time on this board is well worth it. My time wasted on trying to explain the obvious to you is just that. Wasted. I told you, I'm not your guy to do this with. Move on, it's in your best interests.
You’re not explaining the obvious though that’s the point. I’ve never saw people find people easy to root for outside of entertainers that they don’t know. I’m curious how you get to that conclusion with someone you don’t know. All these threats aren’t necessary because I’m asking you a question based on something that you posted on.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
I can't hate on Dak. He has an average skill set, but his intangibles make it hard to root against the guy. If Dak were a little bit more accurate, he'd be the perfect qb for this team.
Also, might I add, he’s probably crying because he won’t have a scapegoat anymore. Everyone not blinded by the QB light blamed Garrett and Moore for his shortcomings. Now, Dak will have to face all the criticism on his own.
Hahaha. He doesn't already? Or is that even not enough for his critics ?

greatwallofdallas

Reaction score
If 32-35 mil/year is peanuts, then yes.
If Dallas gets a new head coach, he may get a saying on who he wants as his QB, and It would not be wise to pay Dak a plethora of money leaving the new head coach with little cap room and a QB that may or may not mesh with the new coach’s style of coaching.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You’re not explaining the obvious though that’s the point. I’ve never saw people find people easy to root for outside of entertainers that they don’t know. I’m curious how you get to that conclusion with someone you don’t know. All these threats aren’t necessary because I’m asking you a question based on something that you posted on.

However, you are expressing your inability to understand what it is you are being told. I have no desire to waste time explaining to you what has been discussed on this board for 4 years now, again. If you don't get it, that's fine, that's on you. What is not on me is the responsibility to show you or teach you what you should already know. If you don't want to accept that, sorry for your luck. So be curious all you want, still not going to beat your head against the wall till you get it. Not my job.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Dallas gets a new head coach, he may get a saying on who he wants as his QB, and It would not be wise to pay Dak a plethora of money leaving the new head coach with little cap room and a QB that may or may not mesh with the new coach’s style of coaching.
I'm in the franchise tag camp

Philmonroe

Reaction score
However, you are expressing your inability to understand what it is you are being told. I have no desire to waste time explaining to you what has been discussed on this board for 4 years now, again. If you don't get it, that's fine, that's on you. What is not on me is the responsibility to show you or teach you what you should already know. If you don't want to accept that, sorry for your luck. So be curious all you want, still not going to beat your head against the wall till you get it. Not my job.
You have no desire to explain but have allll the time to keep posting to explain how you’re not going to explain your position. Uh ok sounds logical to me. You must want the last post on this so you can have it. I’ll just take it as another poster that elevates entertainers over regular people. Happy New Years

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You have no desire to explain but have allll the time to keep posting to explain how you’re not going to explain your position. Uh ok sounds logical to me. You must want the last post on this so you can have it. I’ll just take it as another poster that elevates entertainers over regular people. Happy New Years

You don't like that? Maybe you should go find somebody else to "repair relationship" with. LOL...... Your initial comment was not worth the time spent responding to it. In fact, in retrospect, I shouldn't have. But I did so here we are but, instead of allowing you to act foolish about this, I'm going to yank your chain. I mean, that's what you are trying to do with me so basically, your going to get back what you give. I tried to tell you, just move on but you have decided not to do this. OK, your choice....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Most intelligent people can see his ability to read a defense and his ability to hit open receivers on time and on target are below average.
All the same--no need to call others stupid for giving Dak the benefit of the doubt and saying he's average.
Most intelligent people in fact do say he has above average skills.