Dak getting overlooked in MVP race

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater or Dak lover--I consider myself a Dak realist--but to overlook how well he has played this year and how important he is to the team is damn near criminal. Herer are the latest odds:

Jalen Hurts (+115 to +150)
Patrick Mahomes (+350)
Lamar Jackson (+400)
Tua Tagovailoa (+900)
Dak Prescott (+1000)
Christian McCaffrey (+1500)
Brock Purdy (+1700)
CJ Stroud (+1800)
Trevor Lawrence (+3000)
Josh Allen (+4500)

I'm not going to argue against Hurts. The dude has turned into Mr. Clutch. He doesn't have his TE and Johnson didn't even play Sunday and still accounted for five TD's in that crap weather. I get it. But IMO Dak should be #2 or #3 on this list. You want to argue Mahomes is being hurt by his receivers? Okay, but he has the best coaching in the league and a top O-line to boot. Lamar has a very complete team, basically the Eagles of the AFC (kind of scary how those teams are mirror images of each other). Tua is throwing to a track team every game. There is no way Tua should be ahead of Dak, and I argue Lamar as well. Can't blame Dak for the Cardinals loss, as the entire team spit the bit there. Other than the debacle at the end of the Eagles game, Dak has been great and MVP worthy. If Dak and Hurts continue to play like this, and Hurts wins, so be it. He deserves it. But if Hurts falters and has a few bad games, and Dak stays consistent, he should be the MVP. No Dak hate or love, he has just been that good.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s getting overlooked. Especially when you factor in his odds have been increasing each week. I believe after this weeks game he will jump in front of Mahomes or Lamar and Tua.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They also look at what your team does. All the guys in front of Dak are in first place in their division. We overtake the Eagles and those standings will change.
Don’t they all have the same record? And all those guys in front of Dak aren’t in first place.

Nexx

Reaction score
hes been playing well against trash. if he keeps it up during this next four or five game stretch and they win more than they lose, he will move up the list but as long a the Eagles are on top Hurts will win it over Dak.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a joke Hurts is that high. With all his INT's so far.
Bland needs a few picks and a pick 6 against him. Knock him down.

Mahomes, is he really have a good year compared to his past years.
Jackson is always over rated. Media / NFL darling QB. But he looks much better this year than last year, of course he had injuries.

Now CMC for SF, there is a candidate, but a non QB, which rarely gets it. He means so much to that offense as we all know and seen.

It is a popularity contest unless someone really out performs the others. Right now no one is.

I am just glad Emmitt was able to be there. Ever since I really don't pay much attention, unless I see it mentioned in here.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
A big thing pundits are failing to consider is MVP is not an award like OPOY. Putting up stats on a winning team doesn’t get you MVP.

Drew Brees would throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs every year, and rarely even be considered for MVP. I think he got second place just once. He was piling up stats in blowout wins against bad NFC South teams, and then he’d struggle against a good team where his D would be clutch and win him the game.

It’s not a stat accumulation award. When Matt Ryan won in 2016, he was the overwhelming favorite. He did not throw the most yards or the most TDs, have the fewest interceptions or best passer completion percentage; but he was winning Atlanta a lot of games they probably don’t win if he isn’t there. Most Valuable Player.

Genuine question to ponder: how many games have a different outcome if Dak Prescott is not your QB? Having a great defense is not his fault, but having a bad defense is also not the fault of guys who aren’t considered every year due to their W-L

Jimbo123

Reaction score
It is a joke Hurts is that high. With all his INT's so far.
Bland needs a few picks and a pick 6 against him. Knock him down.

Mahomes, is he really have a good year compared to his past years.
Jackson is always over rated. Media / NFL darling QB. But he looks much better this year than last year, of course he had injuries.

Now CMC for SF, there is a candidate, but a non QB, which rarely gets it. He means so much to that offense as we all know and seen.

It is a popularity contest unless someone really out performs the others. Right now no one is.

I am just glad Emmitt was able to be there. Ever since I really don't pay much attention, unless I see it mentioned in here.
A record of 24-2 over the last 2 years will get you to the top of a MVP list.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater or Dak lover--I consider myself a Dak realist--but to overlook how well he has played this year and how important he is to the team is damn near criminal. Herer are the latest odds:

Patrick Mahomes (+350)
Lamar Jackson (+400)
Tua Tagovailoa (+900)
Dak Prescott (+1000)
Brock Purdy (+1700)
CJ Stroud (+1800)
Trevor Lawrence (+3000)
Josh Allen (+4500)

I'm not going to argue against Hurts. The dude has turned into Mr. Clutch. He doesn't have his TE and Johnson didn't even play Sunday and still accounted for five TD's in that crap weather. I get it. But IMO Dak should be #2 or #3 on this list. You want to argue Mahomes is being hurt by his receivers? Okay, but he has the best coaching in the league and a top O-line to boot. Lamar has a very complete team, basically the Eagles of the AFC (kind of scary how those teams are mirror images of each other). Tua is throwing to a track team every game. There is no way Tua should be ahead of Dak, and I argue Lamar as well. Can't blame Dak for the Cardinals loss, as the entire team spit the bit there. Other than the debacle at the end of the Eagles game, Dak has been great and MVP worthy. If Dak and Hurts continue to play like this, and Hurts wins, so be it. He deserves it. But if Hurts falters and has a few bad games, and Dak stays consistent, he should be the MVP. No Dak hate or love, he has just been that good.
Agreed.

Truthfully? We all know those writers/voters play favorites.

Jipper

Reaction score
hes on the list, hes not getting overlooked, he just doesn't have any signature wins against good teams to push him to the top of the list. He has played very well since SF and gets credit for that, but he needs to win some of the games coming up in dec to really be in the conversation

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Patrick Mahomes (+350)
Lamar Jackson (+400)
Tua Tagovailoa (+900)
Dak Prescott (+1000)
Brock Purdy (+1700)
CJ Stroud (+1800)
Trevor Lawrence (+3000)
Josh Allen (+4500)

If the team keeps winning, he’ll get his due.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Dak is right where he needs to be, and the next 5 games you want to see if Dak can continue this hot streak vs winning teams. Dak's MVP chase starts now, and the ramp up to the Playoffs too.