Dak getting overlooked in MVP race

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak hater or Dak lover--I consider myself a Dak realist--but to overlook how well he has played this year and how important he is to the team is damn near criminal. Herer are the latest odds:

Jalen Hurts (+115 to +150)
Patrick Mahomes (+350)
Lamar Jackson (+400)
Tua Tagovailoa (+900)
Dak Prescott (+1000)
Christian McCaffrey (+1500)
Brock Purdy (+1700)
CJ Stroud (+1800)
Trevor Lawrence (+3000)
Josh Allen (+4500)

I'm not going to argue against Hurts. The dude has turned into Mr. Clutch. He doesn't have his TE and Johnson didn't even play Sunday and still accounted for five TD's in that crap weather. I get it. But IMO Dak should be #2 or #3 on this list. You want to argue Mahomes is being hurt by his receivers? Okay, but he has the best coaching in the league and a top O-line to boot. Lamar has a very complete team, basically the Eagles of the AFC (kind of scary how those teams are mirror images of each other). Tua is throwing to a track team every game. There is no way Tua should be ahead of Dak, and I argue Lamar as well. Can't blame Dak for the Cardinals loss, as the entire team spit the bit there. Other than the debacle at the end of the Eagles game, Dak has been great and MVP worthy. If Dak and Hurts continue to play like this, and Hurts wins, so be it. He deserves it. But if Hurts falters and has a few bad games, and Dak stays consistent, he should be the MVP. No Dak hate or love, he has just been that good.
I don’t think he’s getting overlooked. Especially when you factor in his odds have been increasing each week. I believe after this weeks game he will jump in front of Mahomes or Lamar and Tua.
They "odds" are put out by handicappers.
They aren’t the people that will actually vote on who receives the MVP award.
I'm in the group of just not being concerned with it until time comes when that honor along with all the others) are announced at season's end.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s not being overlooked. They don’t award the MVP trophy in November. It takes an entire season and body of work for an MVP to be selected. And right now, if he’s top 3-5 that’s about right.

He still has the chance to make a statement the rest of the season. Six games. Win ‘em all.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
+1000 isn’t bad at this point. It will move up or down depending on how his season goes.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has destroyed the leagues worst teams but has no signature win. Had he won the Philly or SF game, he would be getting more consideration. Stats alone aren’t going to win it.

JayFord

Reaction score
ive seen Lamar play enough this year

its a no for mvp and he shouldnt be that high....that offense is nasty work and not in a good way

and Dak is about where i would put him

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a Dak hater or Dak lover--I consider myself a Dak realist--but to overlook how well he has played this year and how important he is to the team is damn near criminal. Herer are the latest odds:

Jalen Hurts (+115 to +150)
Patrick Mahomes (+350)
Lamar Jackson (+400)
Tua Tagovailoa (+900)
Dak Prescott (+1000)
Christian McCaffrey (+1500)
Brock Purdy (+1700)
CJ Stroud (+1800)
Trevor Lawrence (+3000)
Josh Allen (+4500)

I'm not going to argue against Hurts. The dude has turned into Mr. Clutch. He doesn't have his TE and Johnson didn't even play Sunday and still accounted for five TD's in that crap weather. I get it. But IMO Dak should be #2 or #3 on this list. You want to argue Mahomes is being hurt by his receivers? Okay, but he has the best coaching in the league and a top O-line to boot. Lamar has a very complete team, basically the Eagles of the AFC (kind of scary how those teams are mirror images of each other). Tua is throwing to a track team every game. There is no way Tua should be ahead of Dak, and I argue Lamar as well. Can't blame Dak for the Cardinals loss, as the entire team spit the bit there. Other than the debacle at the end of the Eagles game, Dak has been great and MVP worthy. If Dak and Hurts continue to play like this, and Hurts wins, so be it. He deserves it. But if Hurts falters and has a few bad games, and Dak stays consistent, he should be the MVP. No Dak hate or love, he has just been that good.
It's not as if the others on the list aren't viable candidates as well, but ultimately odds right now don't mean much. Some of these guys will fade and others rise over the rest of the season

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Hurts should be the front runner at this point. If Dallas can go 4-1 over the next 5 and Dak plays like he has the last 4 or 5 games, then I think Dak will have made a strong case.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It is a joke Hurts is that high. With all his INT's so far.
He only has one more INT than Mahomes. He has the same number as Tua. Hurts has had a good season and his team has the best record in the league at 10-1. He’s made a lot of plays to bring his team from behind the last two weeks. A QBs team record plays a big part in their MVP chances.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak would be higher on the list if we had a win over a playoff contender. It’s the caliber of opponents we’ve beaten that has him lower on the list.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He only has one more INT than Mahomes. He has the same number as Tua. Hurts has had a good season and his team has the best record in the league at 10-1. He’s made a lot of plays to bring his team from behind the last two weeks. A QBs team record plays a big part in their MVP chances.
You mean the refs made some calls in their favor to allow them to win.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Or does it have more to do with the fact other teams didn't capitalize on late TDs? Lazzard dropping a wide open TD, Gabe Davis not turning around on time, Absolutely no calls against the Dolphins, Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot, Washington taking them to O.T.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Or does it have more to do with the fact other teams didn't capitalize on late TDs? Lazzard dropping a wide open TD, Gabe Davis not turning around on time, Absolutely no calls against the Dolphins, Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot, Washington taking them to O.T.
Teams haven’t stepped up against them, but you have to give some credit to Philly’s defense as well. However, the drops really killed KC a couple of weeks ago. They would have won that game had it not been for the drops. KC’s receiving core is going to end up being their undoing this season.