Twitter: Dak goes through four reads on one play

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Let's just put Rocky and his crew on the ignore list so we can have actual debates with people based in reality instead of their feels. We've tried to find common ground, but there isn't one that can be reached with them. They're in too deep and they don't have the ability to maturely accept others opinions.

I like Dak and I'm glad he's our QB, but if you don't have him in the same tier as Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, and Brady then you are constantly attacked and that's not cool.
LOL...I guess I will name you guys the three stooges....it fits... :p

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I like debate as Ifeel its healthy conversation but when people start speaking about my daughter or my military service I lose my s--t.
There's no debating anything with people that'll go that low. You're not going to get anywhere with them, because let's be honest, they probably don't have much real life human interaction. That's why they're so comfortable speaking this way on the internet, because they'd never say those things in real life.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
There's no debating anything with people that'll go that low. You're not going to get anywhere with them, because let's be honest, they probably don't have much real life human interaction. That's why they're so comfortable speaking this way on the internet, because they'd never say those things in real life.

Honestly man I am over all of them and never used the ignore feature previously but I am going to start using it as I can't deal with their antics.....albeit I suspect that is what they want so they can have their own private sunshine and rainbows group without differing opinions. Throughout history, including today, that approach worked for the most horrid of regimes and I liken them to that approach.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Honestly man I am over all of them and never used the ignore feature previously but I am going to start using it as I can't deal with their antics.....albeit I suspect that is what they want so they can have their own private sunshine and rainbows group without differing opinions. Throughout history, including today, that approach worked for the most horrid of regimes and I liken them to that approach.
I can't even give Dak praise without them attacking me for it because it wasn't enough praise for them. It's only about 5 people, so not too bad, there's other big time Dak guys that can at least be respectful even if we don't agree.

I'm not looking to change anyone's mind. I just expect to be talked to with respect for my opinions.

Also, they will still see your posts unless they ignore you, you just won't see theirs, so they'll still attack your opinions you just won't see it. Eventually they'll get the hint and stop wasting their time.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Don't want Dak to be elite, we saw what can happen when you're dependent on your elite qb to make the team go - we lost Dak (even though he wasn't elite, but was putting up a ton or yards) and ended up 6-10. Chiefs had Mahomes hobbled with the bad toe and he wasn't able to overcome the fierce Bucs pass rush and loss of two tackles. Rodgers and Wilson are widely considered "elite", but yet how many SBs does each have? One. Wilson has only gotten his team to the SB when he had the no. 1 defense, if he's elite then why hasn't the Seahawks been back to the SB recently? Payton Manning was certainly considered elite, but has really only one SB, the other his defense carried the team to his second SB win.

No, I want Dak to be first and foremost a very good quarterback, but secondly he has to be part of a team that can win as a team, not because of one guy that plays out of his mind one year and gets the team to a SB win, then is basically wasted for years after that.

Cowboys were very fortunate that Emmitt was able to stay relatively healthy his entire career, they depended on his "eliteness" for the 3 SB wins, we saw what happened in 1993, he missed two games and the team lost both, does anybody think Dallas would have won the SB that year if Emmitt had been out say 6-8 games? Highly unlikely.

Having the elite quarterback is a good thing, but if it's the main focus of your team that's no guarantee of continued, consistent success. Of course if someone only wants to get one SB win because it hasn't happened for decades, and that's satisfying to them, then yeah having the elite qb is a good plan. But I want the Cowboys to be "in the hunt" year after year, and for that you need a balanced team that can overcome the loss of one player...

we were 6-10 for about 20 other reasons besides Dak, dont get it twisted we lost about 17 starters and 90% if ours fas were cut/traded by the bye , we used backups some 3rd string most of the year..not sure dak wins any more games with hat OL, defense, coaching, and SUPPORT..

weve seen drew brees have 3 straight 7-9 seasons and other good to elite qbs without help, fail..I believe if the OL stayed relatively intact and not using all 4 qbs, they could have leaned on the run game but using a 3rd string oL with 11 different variations of player groups set us up to fail..

while dak is very important we have a shot with run game and OL to play TOP slow game, low scoring and soem defense. Last season we had nothing to play with..

you missed the point of my reply, i said i want dak to be more of field leader meaning when the coaches seemed to be confused take the DANG game over!!

Call the TO, set the next 2 plays up, thats what a 160mil dollar qb should do..Romo did it you must be able to at times say no that not working and just go in the huddle and do your thing..coaches like Garett needed a Romo to sometimes take over and change plays, call TOs, IMO inside of 2mins we have to have qb just shut the headset off and go do it....

I highly doubt Peyton Manning was listening to that earpiece inside 2mins with the game on the line, he was 3 moves i his head including calling TOS and setting up the next plays..dont want to hear MM or KM couldn't see the clock or it went blank, the qb knew it was run called and when tackled 28 sec left that long of FG and TO to burn, you CALL IT... then go in the huddle and call the next play..

good, great, élite, who cares what hes labeled, hes our Starting qb and is vet now thats on him in that situation not the coaches.we kept the O intact why? for dak thats why MM came in left KM in charge and kept dak comfy..we its his show now..

play times over excuses are over window is closing hard on the 2016 expectations and Dak is in position to just take over those situations..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I can't even give Dak praise without them attacking me for it because it wasn't enough praise for them. It's only about 5 people, so not too bad, there's other big time Dak guys that can at least be respectful even if we don't agree.

I'm not looking to change anyone's mind. I just expect to be talked to with respect for my opinions.

Also, they will still see your posts unless they ignore you, you just won't see theirs, so they'll still attack your opinions you just won't see it. Eventually they'll get the hint and stop wasting their time.
:( Do you need someone to cry for you?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You're not Cowboys fans, you're Dak fans. It's obvious, and to be honest it's getting annoying.
NO your not cowboys fan at all get the flip out of here already..

Daks our qb, hes paid, he will be for very long time so what throwing him deserved support is bad..what kind of fan do you claim to be LMAO not for out team that obvious..that Green jerseys leaking out from under the fake blue one..

go back to your hole troll!!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I miss the days when people cared more about the team than one player. I have no problem with having favorites. I have favorites myself, but none of them are bigger than the team.

This once great fanbase and gotten weak over the years. It's sad. Certain fans know longer have confidence in the team itself winning anything, so they hitch their wagons to one player and as long as he does good they are happy win or loss.

Dak splits the fan base so much, because if you believe he's just a tier below Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, and Brady then you are labeled a hater and ridiculed for it.

Maybe one day we'll get back to team pride over player pride. That's what I hope for at least.
There's not one fan who cares more about a player than the team. Not one.

starfan1

Reaction score
I like debate as Ifeel its healthy conversation but when people start speaking about my daughter or my military service I lose my s--t.

Its beyond just debate and you know it. Its become a personal thing with you guys. You all dont care for rockport and he dont care for you. So when he puts up a thread yall just cant wait to come in here and do your best to try and embarrass him.
Yall dont like dak and he's an over the top dak guy. I mean I think its a bit much all the different ways he enshrines Dak but to each his own I believe he loves the cowboys. I just find it it extremely ironic that you guys cant seem to scroll on by. Why? because you love it! Just as much as he loves it

Bringing family into matters of a discussion board is really petty and childish. It is the way of the world now. Internet has emboldened many. In terms of your military service thank you for your service as a fellow vet times are tough right now. That said Ive seen you on this board for along time and if Im not mistaken you were at my previous board as well. You seem to be a bit over sensitive on the vet front. God bless you and yours

USArmyVet

Reaction score

I stated after the TB game that Dak played better than expected yet his followers overlooked that and claim I never say anything positive and never talk about anyone but Dak...in spite of my discussing numerous other players as well as management.
Regardless, they are who they are so let them do their trolling and spewing their hate.