Twitter: Dak goes through four reads on one play

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has been impressive but this play looked to me like it was already called for Pollard and he wanted the defense to be leaning the other way. Either way it showed Daks improving.

The fact this guy claims Dak went through all his progressions and it somehow shows Dak is a progression QB is completely asinine.

That was a designed play. They moved Jarwin in motion. That actually pulls the other LB in CeeDee’s space. CeeDee runs a play where he is completely alone, isolated on a LB. THAT IS THE READ YOU WANT HERE. It’s basic knowledge that deep cover 2 generally exposed the middle.

They were basically running a drag route with Lamb, he was completely open on the LB and had a step and was basically wide open, for a huge gain you know because of the cover 2, where the middle is exposed. He basically just gloseee over the matchup he has with CeeDee.

Look at CeeDee Lamb.. he’s third third route. Typical Dak went to the easiest route there was, attesting to the very point.

This is so basic is comical.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
According to Jason Witten in the broadcast booth, on live TV, Dak was a one read QB. According to the stats, he’s traditionally top 4 in QBs dropping in rating from first read to second read progressions, right up there with Goff.

According to Dak-stans, Jerry is s dysfunctional owner and an idiot that overpays guys like Zeke and Jaylon Smith, keep Garrett around for 10 years, but suddenly he’s a genius for signing Dak to all that money with a trade clause…

But carry on…
and Jason Witten got kicked out of the boot, because he sucked. he sucked in analyzing a game or understanding what was going on. so if that's your reference, I got 100 other former player and analyst that say otherwise.

I know you are angry about him replacing Romo, but that's no way to go through life. full of hate. anger. resentment.

khiladi

Reaction score
In 2020 article after his 2019 season,

Player Grade on first read throws Grade on non-first-read throws Difference:

Jared Goff 90.3 47.1 43.2
Ryan Tannehill 79.6 41.9 37.7
Joe Flacco 77.9 43.4 34.5
Dak Prescott 83.9 54.1 29.8
Mitchell Trubisky 65.8 38.5 27.3
Derek Carr 84.5 59.7 24.8
Nick Mullens 72.9 48.5 24.4
Daniel Jones 72.2 48.5 23.7
Philip Rivers 89.3 66.2 23.1
Gardner Minshew 77.0 54.3 22.7

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankin...rows-patrick-mahomes-drew-brees-aaron-rodgers

This is after the 2019 season, his alleged “elite” season when Dak was sacked a whopping like 23 times, despite being sixth in attempts, meaning playing with an OL multiple times better than any of these guys, particularly in pass blocking.

I guess I make things up and Dak-stans are speaking from a consensus of football experts…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The fact this guy claims Dak went through all his progressions and it somehow shows Dak is a progression QB is completely asinine.

That was a designed play. They moved Jarwin in motion. That actually pulls the other LB in CeeDee’s space. CeeDee runs a play where he is completely alone, isolated on a LB. THAT IS THE READ YOU WANT HERE. It’s basic knowledge that deep cover 2 generally exposed the middle.

They were basically running a drag route with Lamb, he was completely open on the LB and had a step and was basically wide open, for a huge gain you know because of the cover 2, where the middle is exposed. He basically just gloseee over the matchup he has with CeeDee.

Look at CeeDee Lamb.. he’s third third route. Typical Dak went to the easiest route there was, attesting to the very point.

This is so basic is comical.
you are comical. I don't say that. 99% of this board say that. well except pippy...but perhaps you are both the same guy given pippy hasn't posted in a while....

khiladi

Reaction score
and Jason Witten got kicked out of the boot, because he sucked. he sucked in analyzing a game or understanding what was going on. so if that's your reference, I got 100 other former player and analyst that say otherwise.

I know you are angry about him replacing Romo, but that's no way to go through life. full of hate. anger. resentment.

So I just make things up then? Or now you are just redefining the category of people that say he’s basically a 1 read QB? I mean even Jimmy Johnson said it on the air. I guess the guy that actually played with him and is an NFL player and NFL coaches are no longer acceptable proof.

I guess the same guy Dak told us in 2019 that Witten was only one of three players, besides himself and Zeke, that practice hard is no longer an acceptable criteria..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2020,

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-rankin...rows-patrick-mahomes-drew-brees-aaron-rodgers

This is after the 2019 season, his alleged “elite” season when Dak was sacked a whopping like 23 times, despite being sixth in attempts, meaning playing with an OL multiple times better than any of these guys, particularly in pass blocking.
its funny, that same article says Murray is one of the worst in first read throws. Murray sucks.

and weren't you here singing praises of Carr and licking his boots yesterday....interesting.

and since you are referencing a PFF article. does it mean PFF is the source of truth? if I point to other PFF articles that has Dak in the top 10, does it mean that PFF is right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So I just make things up then? Or now you are just redefining the category of people that say he’s basically a 1 read QB? I mean even Jimmy Johnson said it on the air. I guess the guy that actually played with him and is an NFL player and NFL coaches are no longer acceptable proof.

I guess the same guy Dak told us in 2019 that Witten was only one of three players, besides himself and Zeke, that practice hard is no longer an acceptable criteria..
yes, you make things up....you do. a lot.

khiladi

Reaction score
its funny, that same article says Murray is one of the worst in first read throws. Murray sucks.

and weren't you here singing praises of Carr and licking his boots yesterday....interesting.

and since you are referencing a PFF article. does it mean PFF is the source of truth? if I point to other PFF articles that has Dak in the top 10, does it mean that PFF is right?

Wow, so I’m not making things up then? Now you are changing the argument to, well what about this or that.

Facts are, Dak is garbage on his second read right…. Him and Goff are two years running as far as the stats I’ve read, among top 4.

But guess what, because I knew Dak-stans like you would talk some irrelevancies and completely try and obfuscate around the fact Dak is garbsge on his second read, I clearly ended that post with basically the following:

That none of these QBs have the pass blocking as Dak…. Dak was sixth in attempts that year in 2019 and sacked a whopping 23 times, meaning the guy had all day to throw.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wow, so I’m not making things up then? Dak is garbage on his second read right. You know what I also said, because I knew Dak-stans like you would talk some irrelevancies and completely try and obfuscate around the fact Dak is garbsge on his second read…

That none of these QBs have the pass blocking as Dak….
so I asked a question. you referened a PFF article. if PFF says Dak is a top 10 QB, are you going to say its bullshiet?

khiladi

Reaction score
so I asked a question. you referened a PFF article. if PFF says Dak is a top 10 QB, are you going to say its bullshiet?

Top 10 is a subjective assessment… QBR has a definitive formula.

Facts are, like usual, it turns out I was right and you were wrong, and once again you completely try and change the subject to some other bogus issue..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In 2020 article after his 2019 season,

I guess I make things up and Dak-stans are speaking from a consensus of football experts…
since PFF is source of truth

PFF Quarterback Rankings: All 32 starters ahead of the 2021 NFL season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF

Reactions: BAT

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Facts are, like usual, it turns out I was right and you were wrong, and once again you completely try and change the subject to some other bogus issue..
I bet you're keeping score too.

khiladi

Reaction score

So what does Tight windows have to do with this subject, especially zone. I could be one yard away from my defender in MAN COVERAGE and throw it. It says ZERO about what we are even talking about. I already said Dak is accurate when he’s tutoring to his first read, knowing where he is going. Zone isn’t even about that at times, it’s about anticipation and throwing up a spot.

Like I said, Dakstans have no clue what they are talking about..

The data is clear regarding Dak in ZONES.

At least know what your talking about before posting. It’s basically like babysitting your childish antics.

You guys can’t simply admit, “well he did bring the data that he thinks supports his cause, so instead of floundering around with excuses and accusing him of making things up, maybe I should just say, let’s agree to disagree..”

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

spin spin spin spin spin spin spin spin

so I guess we get to pick and choose what articles from the same source we agree with it, which ones we dismiss. which analysts we like and listen to, which we don't. ignore all coaches, FO personnel, GMs, scouts, former players, analysts, DCs and go with the eye test.

and again, you have no point in your argument. as usual. just throwing out something that is percieved as negative without having a point what so ever..

again, what's your point. you keep avoiding the answer....

I am sure you are going to try and squirm your way out of it. again

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So what does Tight windows have to do with this subject, especially zone. I could be one yard away from my defender in MAN COVERAGE and throw it. It says ZERO about what we are even talking about. I already said Dak is accurate when he’s tutoring to his first read, knowing where he is going. Zone isn’t even about that at times, it’s about anticipation and throwing up a spot.

The data is clear regarding Dak in ZONES.

At least know what your talking about before posting.
nothing. I just thought it was an interesting stat. you like to throw out meaningless stat, yet you throw a tantrum when somebody else does?

blueblood70

Reaction score

all three are playing the best they ever have this season.. Carr has been belittled by this place for years hes playing almost the best of all the qbs the first 2 games..last season was quiet for him but really he also played well..Carr has progressed and the hate should stop now..bat soem good teams and his team is 2-0..

can this place stop using 1-2 yr old stats to try and tear down players..2021 is 2021 who the flip cares about 2019-2020 anyway??

haters thats who trolls that who chat stirrers......move it along if you fit that descriptions..

Dak has made the leap this season , looks different, hes worked hard and deserves recognition..

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
So what does Tight windows have to do with this subject, especially zone. I could be one yard away from my defender in MAN COVERAGE and throw it. It says ZERO about what we are even talking about.

Your stats and ranking will never take place of their feels and emotions.

My advice, especially for this particular poster you're going back and forth with, is don't even get into with him. He's willing to go beyond the realm of reality before he'll ever agree to disagree.