Dak has been lights out

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
10 TD's 6 INT's 4-2 record

Oh yeah, he has been 'lights out' alright.

LOL The bar keeps getting lowered for Dak by some in the group.
My "angle" is for people show what they are talking about. Burden of proof is on the claimer....be on the same page. Your perception of "hate" appears to be different than mine and I wanted to understand exactly what you are talking about.

Giving some modest stats to show Dak didn;t single-handedly beat 'sota? Isn't "hating". Giving ZERO credit...might be.

I ask another forum members to give me examples of me hating dak. Should be easy, right? Should be a few things easily identifiable in my small-ish history collection. Nothing but a bunch of foolish gibberish, like a child.

No...not just gonna take your word for it. The hate accusation is a pretty harsh badge.

No...not just picking on you....I ask to substantiate all types of claims...with a quote, some stats. I would expect the same treatment. Even if one were to say "just my opinion" or "my eye test"...I'd be like well (shrug) okay then. Just an opinion...fine.

No "angle".
I didn't say you hate Dak. I say Vet hates dak. Unless you think all losses are Dak's fault and all wins were team wins and that Dak had no hand in any victory or was the so called 'bus driver" only....

and in regards to Vet hatred, go search for his posts and its very clear. I owe nothing in proof to you about my opinion of Vet. unless you are jumping to defend him for some unknown reason, perhaps because you think alike? perhaps you both share the same opinion.

I critize dak when due. I give him credit when credit is due. I don't bash him incessentaly even after a win looking to dismiss any accomplishments. examples of vet posts are on this thread as well. go read for yourself. form your own opinion if you haven't already.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He follows up with a very good game against a 7 win NYG team.

Let's be clear - the Giants team we beat in the last game was indeed a "7 win" team. But they were not the same team that got those 7 wins. Teams often, in fact usually, don't stay at the same level all year long. If any example is needed, just look at the Giants 2011 SB winning year. They were 7-7 yet went on a 6-game winning streak and won it all. And look at the Rams this year, defending SB champs yet they're what, 3-7? You judge a win depending on how the team is at the time you beat them.

In this last loss, the Giants had 4 o-linemen who didn't even make the trip to Dallas. Didn't have their two starting corners to start. Lost 2 more o-linemen in the game for at least some of the game. Were missing at least one starting wr.

Dallas should have won this game like the Vikings game. Yet NY led at the half. Yes, it says something that you beat teams you should beat.

But beating a team missing like 1/3 of their starters is hardly something to crow about, like it shows that your team is a NFL powerhouse.

Maybe Dallas has "turned the corner" and we'll see a big run to the SB. But again, as in the 2011 season, we were sorely disappointed.

I'll believe it when I see it....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say you hate Dak. I say Vet hates dak. Unless you think all losses are Dak's fault and all wins were team wins and that Dak had no hand in any victory or was the so called 'bus driver" only....

and in regards to Vet hatred, go search for his posts and its very clear. I owe nothing in proof to you about my opinion of Vet. unless you are jumping to defend him for some unknown reason, perhaps because you think alike? perhaps you both share the same opinion.

I critize dak when due. I give him credit when credit is due. I don't bash him incessentaly even after a win looking to dismiss any accomplishments. examples of vet posts are on this thread as well. go read for yourself. form your own opinion if you haven't already.
Well on one hand you say "didn't say you hate dak" and on the other you say I (like Vet) hate Dak. Odd underhanded conversation bro.

I will say it again...a statement may not be or mean the same between different people. You are very sensitive and have certainly picked up a HUGE bias against Vet, and others. It's war...anything he says you go off on. I don;t see it exactly the same way which is why I wanted you to show me exactly what you object to.

But okay whatever...carry on your personal vendetta crusade then, if that is what makes you happy. You of course do not owe any explanation, just thought we could be civil adults about it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Well on one hand you say "didn't say you hate dak" and on the other you say I (like Vet) hate Dak. Odd underhanded conversation bro.

I will say it again...a statement may not be or mean the same between different people. You are very sensitive and have certainly picked up a HUGE bias against Vet, and others. It's war...anything he says you go off on. I don;t see it exactly the same way which is why I wanted you to show me exactly what you object to.

But okay whatever...carry on your personal vendetta crusade then, if that is what makes you happy. You of course do not owe any explanation, just thought we could be civil adults about it.
no, I said you don't hate Dak, but then I ASKED why do you jump to his defense and why? why did you care about my opinion of vet.......let me ask: do you agree with Vet, that all losses are Dak's fault and the wins are because he got carried by the rest of the team? do you ever give Dak credit?

and to the contrary, I am exactly the opposite of sensitive. I don't care about people's opinion of me one way or the other. on the other hand, you seem quite sensitive to a comment I made about Vet. readily jumped to his defense for some reason. subsequently, asked for some kind of evidence and continue to argue about me thinking of you as a Dak hater or not. if you are not sensitive then why do you ask? why do you care?

and lastly, I have no vendetta. zero. as I said, I criticize dak when its due, and I give him credit when he deserves it. I call BS when I see one.....usually in the form of a question about somebody's opinion....

unlike some who never ever give credit no matter what happens and always find faults. there were those who gave zero credit to Dak for the vikings game. were you one of those people?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, I said you don't hate Dak, but then I ASKED why do you jump to his defense and why? why did you care about my opinion of vet.......let me ask: do you agree with Vet, that all losses are Dak's fault and the wins are because he got carried by the rest of the team? do you ever give Dak credit?

and to the contrary, I am exactly the opposite of sensitive. I don't care about people's opinion of me one way or the other. on the other hand, you seem quite sensitive to a comment I made about Vet. readily jumped to his defense for some reason. subsequently, asked for some kind of evidence and continue to argue about me thinking of you as a Dak hater or not. if you are not sensitive then why do you ask? why do you care?

and lastly, I have no vendetta. zero. as I said, I criticize dak when its due, and I give him credit when he deserves it. I call BS when I see one.....usually in the form of a question about somebody's opinion....

unlike some who never ever give credit no matter what happens and always find faults. there were those who gave zero credit to Dak for the vikings game. were you one of those people?
LOl....you CLAIM you "don't care about people's opinions" yet all up in Vet's jock strap with every comment.

What a liar sheesh. You can't even be honest with yourself, let alone us.

So why do YOU care? If you don't care. LOL...dude.

Ken

Reaction score
LOL.......Beating winning teams, playoff teams and going from the 26th ranked offense to the #1 ranked offense with Dak at QB. LOL

Dak haters are back into hiding again and on the run!

Sitting in the dark waiting for another loss. Im sure at halftime some were getting excited. Dak had 2 picks and the offense was sputtering. Then Dak and the offense came out and was flawless to complete the blowout in the 2nd half.

Dare we use the word.............."CLUTCH"?
Oh they were posting their nonsense in the game thread. I knew it was going to end up how it did too....

Didn't stop them from going down the usual list of slants on him..

Ken

Reaction score
So an opinion tweet by a dallas fan is supposed to mean Dak is playing elite? LOL okay
I didn't see him say that other than post the tweet.

You are clearly offended by it though..lol

Reactions: BAT

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Dak has destroyed the blitz for most of the last three seasons. You can't beat Dak by blitzing him because it tips your hand coverage wise. You have to try to fool him in coverage or you really have not chance. As he gains more and more experience the ability to fool him with continue to diminish. The same thing happened for Romo eventually. Dak is on a similar track. Let's just hope his body doesn't fall apart on him the way Romo's did. No sooner did he figure things out than he simply couldn't stay on the field. It was sad really. Dak is about 4 years younger than Romo was when everything finally clicked for him so he has that going for him. But he's not had some sort of injury the last 4 years.. Crossing my fingers that all subsides here soon.

Reactions: BAT

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
LOl....you CLAIM you "don't care about people's opinions" yet all up in Vet's jock strap with every comment.

What a liar sheesh. You can't even be honest with yourself, let alone us.

So why do YOU care? If you don't care. LOL...dude.
No I corrected him on his I'll informed information. He is a hater. So I at times put him.back in his place.

I expected you to know the difference. I am surprised that you don't.

Like I said seemingly you are hell bent trying to prove I lied. Now lied about what I have no idea. It's something you started and now are singularly focused on proving it, to yourself perhaps.

Looks like, I must have done something to you in the past which had upset you and this is a.chance for you trying to get back at me. I never set it to hurt anyone's feeling and if you are hurt then I apologize. It's not personal... I just can't stand bullshiet and I tend to bluntly point it out.

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
The only lights that are out are the ones that go out in Daks mind, like in the first half of the Giants game or the 4th and overtime of the GB game...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I corrected him on his I'll informed information. He is a hater. So I at times put him.back in his place.

I expected you to know the difference. I am surprised that you don't.

Like I said seemingly you are hell bent trying to prove I lied. Now lied about what I have no idea. It's something you started and now are singularly focused on proving it, to yourself perhaps.

Looks like, I must have done something to you in the past which had upset you and this is a.chance for you trying to get back at me. I never set it to hurt anyone's feeling and if you are hurt then I apologize. It's not personal... I just can't stand bullshiet and I tend to bluntly point it out.
Get back at you? For something?
Because I asked you for proof of your accusations?

Dude....this is getting weird.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak has destroyed the blitz for most of the last three seasons. You can't beat Dak by blitzing him because it tips your hand coverage wise. You have to try to fool him in coverage or you really have not chance. As he gains more and more experience the ability to fool him with continue to diminish. The same thing happened for Romo eventually. Dak is on a similar track. Let's just hope his body doesn't fall apart on him the way Romo's did. No sooner did he figure things out than he simply couldn't stay on the field. It was sad really. Dak is about 4 years younger than Romo was when everything finally clicked for him so he has that going for him. But he's not had some sort of injury the last 4 years.. Crossing my fingers that all subsides here soon.
So ....what is daks weak point? If you were opposing defense... how would you beat him?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Get back at you? For something?
Because I asked you for proof of your accusations?

Dude....this is getting weird.
It got weird when you jumped in defending a known hater and asking for proof of something that you only know what it is.

Whatever your agenda is, you have twisted yourself into a pretzel and confused yourself.

Good luck to you in whatever it is you are searching for. Let us know when you find it

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak divides Cowboys fans like no QB ever, even Romo.

I mean does the guy have to be perfect? Dak's achievements are belittled and his shortcomings are magnified. The truth, as always, is in the middle. The facts are this: the Cowboys' offense has been infinitely better since Prescott came back but the real test will come when the playoffs start.

Until then I guess we should all just agree to disagree.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So ....what is daks weak point? If you were opposing defense... how would you beat him?

The best way to beat Dak is to force him to be indecisive by confusing him with coverages and bait him out of the running game by showing run heavy looks pre-snap and then dropping 7 into coverage once you are sure he's checked into max protect and is only sending 2-3 guys into the pattern. It's a game of cat and mouse because you either have to get a bead on his audibles or he gets a bead on your defense. If he deciphers what you're doing on defense you're toast no matter what you do. When that happens your only chance is the same as it is for every QB that has ever lived. You have to get heavy pressure in his face and keep him in the pocket. If he figures your defense out AND he has time, it's over for you. Now this is not some deep dark secret because it literally applies to just about any good QB. As I have said many times, the QB has not been born who can beat you from flat on his back. The caveat for Dak and really any athletic QB is you can get pressure on him and he can still escape and turn would be sacks into big plays or he can just run for first downs and frustrate your pass rush that way.

I think Dak before the calf injury last year was on a trajectory to challenge Rodgers for MVP honors. That little bit of loss of confidence in his legs was enough to derail what was on its way to being a historic season. We are seeing something of a repeat of that this year with Allen. He has been far less dominant after getting dinged than he was before. It remains to be seen if he can get back on track. His might be even tougher than Dak's because it was an injury to his throwing arm. But it will an interesting watch. Dak's biggest issue right now is he just needs to dial back the aggressiveness. All his INTs since returning have been aggressive shots. Some of them on friggin first down. He's got to learn to be more patient and to keep putting together drives and quit looking for the home run as much as he does. It's a balancing act, knowing when to take a shot and when to drop it off and let his guys do the work. He's not there yet.. but he's learning.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It got weird when you jumped in defending a known hater and asking for proof of something that you only know what it is.

Whatever your agenda is, you have twisted yourself into a pretzel and confused yourself.

Good luck to you in whatever it is you are searching for. Let us know when you find it
He does that a lot. He’s a troll of the worst king.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh they were posting their nonsense in the game thread. I knew it was going to end up how it did too....

Didn't stop them from going down the usual list of slants on him..
Funny how they just disappear.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
As always, Dak just needs to consistently play at a high level. He’s shown overall improvement, but some inconsistent play plagued him in the 1st half of the Giants game. He’s only a few weeks in while the rest of the league is on week 12. If he continues to “improve” every week this team will make noise in the playoffs. The defense can carry this team in the post season, no question.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was talking with someone earlier about how pro-football-reference (or whoever supplies them with their data) has an anti-Cowboy bias as evidence by how they score certain things. I noticed yet another example of this after the Giants game. Last week Dak was shown as having 76.9 of his passes graded as "on target." After the Giants game it dropped to 63.8. I thought I must have read it wrong but there it was.. Here's the thing.. Dak has attempted 182 passes this season so far.. 28 of them (15.8%) have been classified as bad throws. Five have been classified as throwaways.. and 113 were classified as on target. A little quick math brings that total to 146 passes. What the hell happened to the other 36? They literally took 36 on target passes away from him and dropped them in the bit bucket. Now this MIGHT be an honest mistake which they will no doubt rectify at some point. But we trust what these sites put up as gospel when it comes to numbers.. and far too many times I have found them to be full of.. er.. well you know.. I really don't get it.. Do they screw other teams like this? I guess we would never know because we don't watch other teams as closely as we watch our own team. But damn..