Dak has "It"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Due for a slump?.......when was Romos 3 game slump? Too funny

2006: Lost 42-17 to the Saints, two weeks later threw for just 142 yards in a 23-7 loss to the Eagles. Went 1-3 that December.

2007: Went 13/36 passing against the Eagles, lost to Washington in the finale, went 18/36 against the Giants in the playoffs with an endzone pick.

2008: Closed the season with two losses, including a 44-6 thumping in the finale at the Eagles.

Now, Romo's numbers were generally better than Dak's were in most of these games, but to think Prescott was going to keep putting up superb games week after week just based off his rookie year is being unrealistic.

At some point, Dak was going to look bad. Here it is. This is my point.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
2006: Lost 42-17 to the Saints, two weeks later threw for just 142 yards in a 23-7 loss to the Eagles. Went 1-3 that December.

2007: Went 13/36 passing against the Eagles, lost to Washington in the finale, went 18/36 against the Giants in the playoffs with an endzone pick.

2008: Closed the season with two losses, including a 44-6 thumping in the finale at the Eagles.

Now, Romo's numbers were generally better than Dak's were in most of these games, but to think Prescott was going to keep putting up superb games week after week just based off his rookie year is being unrealistic.

At some point, Dak was going to look bad. Here it is. This is my point.
I almost forgot about those games. That's when we couldn't post a winning record in December.

Gameover

Reaction score
If only he could be a rookie again and remove all the film on him.

You pick the weirdest hills to get on, man.
Film on him isn't the problem

Film isn't the reason he's overthrown open receivers

Film is the reason he's passed up Beasley underneath and tried to make bigger plays on the outside

Lazy and shallow thinking on your part

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak has a lot of good qualities...

One of them to overcome the doubters. I think he's playing like crap. But I also think he'll get past it.

Agreed. The one thing we can count on is Dak getting better from this slump and working harder than ever. We are not seeing him pout and stew and point fingers like a Jay Cutler would; for example.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Film on him isn't the problem

Film isn't the reason he's overthrown open receivers

Film is the reason he's passed up Beasley underneath and tried to make bigger plays on the outside

Lazy and shallow thinking on your part

Some reasons he's done all that stuff is his blocking has been horrible and he's been pressing the issue since he can't rely on this defense to even force a punt (the Chargers didn't yesterday), let alone a turnover.

Dak is not yet at the point where he can lead a team with as many warts as the Cowboys currently have. This is not saying he never will; or if all the problems the Cowboys currently have will always be there.

His stellar rookie year built up too much false expectations for Prescott. Even in the preseason I heard Dak would probably have to take a step back this year before his next step forward. It's the evolution of a QB.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He certainly has the right mentality, an excellent work ethic, and natural leadership ability. That's three "its" I can think of.

What he does not have, at least not yet, is the ability to overcome sub-par line play, horrible receiver play, and predictable playcalling from his coaches.

Dak has to be a lot better, but he's also a scapegoat at the moment. This team's problems run far deeper than a struggling sophomore quarterback.

An entirely fair assessment. Hard to be crucial on a young 4th rd QB in his 2nd year. Still a lot of football to be learned, and his smartest teacher is now sitting in a CBS booth.

Gameover

Reaction score
I believe the condensed definition of “it” is: the ability to hand off to a 1st team All Pro RB and throw 5 yard passes to a wide open Witten/Beasley behind the protection of three 1st team All-Pro OL while playing a rotten schedule featuring 1-15, 2-14 and 3-13 teams.
I believe the condensed definition of “it” is: the ability to hand off to a 1st team All Pro RB and throw 5 yard passes to a wide open Witten/Beasley behind the protection of three 1st team All-Pro OL while playing a rotten schedule featuring 1-15, 2-14 and 3-13 teams.

Bring back the good times

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Come on now. He went into Pittsburgh and Green Bay last year, two places where the home teams rarely lose, and made some huge throws in pressure packed situations.

Outside of the bomb to Dez in Pit, not really. Zeke was the crucial element of both games. That and Rodgers being in a major funk (by his standards).

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

24-23 from 2011-13. Romoites bragging about that stretch?

I'm still a Romo fan and a big Dak Prescott fan, too. And I think people are trying to draw parallels between two completely different styles of quarterbacks.

Romo won and lost games in different ways than Dak. Is Prescott going to go 30/42 passing for 370 yards? Nope. But how often did Romo run the read option and score six rushing touchdowns in a season?

Gameover

Reaction score
We will find out if he has "It.

He is three games into six.

And it is not looking good.

At all.
I don't think he was bad against Atlanta

I thought he was quite good

Sometimes your best just isn't good enough

Best I've ever seen him look. First half anyway

Poised, under control, made the right reads, nothing was there. What can you do!

My opinion

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I don't think he was bad against Atlanta

I thought he was quite good

Sometimes your best just isn't good enough

Best I've ever seen him look. First half anyway

Poised, under control, made the right reads, nothing was there. What can you do!

My opinion

And even yesterday he went 20/27. The picks were awful, but in my opinion both came with the game already lost.

The game turned after his 33 yard touchdown run was erased by holding. Dallas still would have trailed 9-7 but it seemed punting on that drive sucked all of what was left of the life out of this team.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's all we heard from everybody for about 15 months. Can someone tell me what "It" is? Thank you.

Everyone's piling on Dak, because "blame the QB" is the easiest thing to do - any fool can do it.

It's odd that he suddenly forgot how to play QB at the exact same time the Cowboys lost their most valuable offensive AND defensive players. What a coincidence.

Of course, with our stellar coaching staff he should still be rolling along like nothing changed...right? :rolleyes:

blindzebra

Reaction score
Prescott: Comp 532, ATT 806, 66.0%, Yards 5,985 Y/A 7.4, TD 39, INT 13, Sacks 49, Yards 277, QBR 97.4, Rushes 91, Yards 529, Y/C 5.8, TDs 11, FUM 13, Fumb Lost 7
Wentz: Comp 569, ATT 925, 61.5%, Yards 6,212, Y/A 6.7 TD 41, INT 19, Sacks 56, Yards 340, QBR 87.5, Rushes 96, Yards 374, Y/C 3.9, TDs 2, FUM 21, Fumb Lost 5