Dak has "It"

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Including 11 in a row. And win offensive rookie of the year after being drafted in the 4th round. Having 4 INTs vs 20+ TDs. Playing very well in the playoffs and leading a scoring drive late in 4th only for his defence to let him down.

Oh but he's had a bad stretch where's he's been sacked 10+ times from behind so whys he good again?
Not to mention his defense as well.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Purely because he was on a stacked team. Troy Aikman on the browns wouldn't get a second contract. It is what it is..

Is (whoever plays RB for New England) better than Zeke? Nope....

Being on a Winning franchize doesn't make you the best at that position get it through your heads.

Aikman was ok but he was no Marino.[/QU
A was OK I'll politely giggle

starcity214

Reaction score

I mean, I love the guy, but I'm not one of those blind homers that can't see past the star on the helmet. I know the narrative on Aikman was that he had mediocre stats (compared to other QB of his time) because we had Emitt, but after Smith left, Aikman didn't do squat.
I think he among others (Bradshaw) are overrated because of the rings. But my statement holds true.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I mean, I love the guy, but I'm not one of those blind homers that can't see past the star on the helmet. I know the narrative on Aikman was that he had mediocre stats (compared to other QB of his time) because we had Emitt, but after Smith left, Aikman didn't do squat.
I think he among others (Bradshaw) are overrated because of the rings. But my statement holds true.

In defense of Aikman, by late in his career his body was shot. Bad back, concussions, everything.

And Smith played two years longer in Dallas than Troy. Aikman retired following the 2000 season. Emmitt left in free agency after 2002.

Reactions: CWR

QT

Reaction score
In defense of Aikman, by late in his career his body was shot. Bad back, concussions, everything.

And Smith played two years longer in Dallas than Troy. Aikman retired following the 2000 season. Emmitt left in free agency after 2002.

On top of that, add slow feet; While dropping back, Aikman would trip over the center's foot a few times. lol....

JDSmith

Reaction score

And the NFL was completely different back then. If you go back and watch the shots Aikman took as a rookie you'd be amazed at what was legal. Guys would be banned from the league if they ever hit a QB the way Aikman was hit routinely. When he got sacked 11(?) times by the Eagles he took more of a beating than a present day QB takes in an entire season, and that was one game.

Aikman was a mess later, those 89 and 90 seasons brutalized him.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He certainly has the right mentality, an excellent work ethic, and natural leadership ability. That's three "its" I can think of.

What he does not have, at least not yet, is the ability to overcome sub-par line play, horrible receiver play, and predictable playcalling from his coaches.

Dak has to be a lot better, but he's also a scapegoat at the moment. This team's problems run far deeper than a struggling sophomore quarterback.
LOL. The excuse making for Dak is amazing.