Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.

jujoboys

Reaction score
No, Jerry and Stephen are the ones that are responsible for killing any excitement. We need to stop using Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, etc as the scapegoats. As much as we may want a change at QB the last 3 years have actual been the golden years for the Cowboys over the last 3 decades. All the blame needs to be laid at Jerry's feet. He is the owner and GM. He chooses the head coaches, signs off on player contracts, decides which players come and go, etc. That incompetent Owner/GM of ours stuck with Garrett for almost a decade and then decided to stick with McCarthy after that playoff debacle last year. Then did not make any moves to provide competition to Dak after those 2 poor playoff performances against SF and still isn't making any moves to replace Dak after that performance against GB. We have a GM that is untouchable regardless of how bad he is.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
No, Jerry and Stephen are the ones that are responsible for killing any excitement. We need to stop using Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, Dave Campo, Tony Romo, Dak Prescott, etc as the scapegoats. As much as we may want a change at QB the last 3 years have actual been the golden years for the Cowboys over the last 3 decades. All the blame needs to be laid at Jerry's feet. He is the owner and GM. He chooses the head coaches, signs off on player contracts, decides which players come and go, etc. That incompetent Owner/GM of ours stuck with Garrett for almost a decade and then decided to stick with McCarthy after that playoff debacle last year. Then did not make any moves to provide competition to Dak after those 2 poor playoff performances against SF and still isn't making any moves to replace Dak after that performance against GB. We have a GM that is untouchable regardless of how bad he is.
Exactly. Nothing's going to change even if we move on from Dak which I do want. Jerry and Stephen are the real problem. We're never winning anything with them in charge. Dak has only been her since 2016. This has been going on for almost 30 years. We'll be complaining about the next QB too and fans will fight against fans. It's too bad we all can't just put all the anger where it's deserved.

Sydla

Reaction score
Disagree.

I think it's Jerry and Stephen that have sucked the life out of a subset of the fanbase:

1) Jerry claiming they will have accountability and then firing literally ZERO coaches
2) Jerry claiming they are close and will be "all in" this offseason to have him and his son back off that and spin stupid excuses
3) Their inaction in FA, which is almost historically inept
4) Their BSing about how they spend like no one else and thusly are cap strapped year in and year out

I think some fans are realizing this isn't going to change. Jerry and, worse, his son are largely incompetent only bouyed by the fact they seem to have enough decent scouts to draft well enough to stay relevant. But once that goes, this franchise is in the tank.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
100%

Sydla

Reaction score
Why not just pick a new team? Some of you just love misery and try to push it on everyone else.
Why would you pick a new team? If you like the Cowboys but it's clear they are incompetently run, the most natural reaction is just pull back from them and the NFL in general. Not go out and find a new team.

That's my issue. I have no desire to follow another team. But the more Jerry and Stephen muck this up and treat the fans like fools, the less interested I become in the Cowboys and the NFL overall. I can find other things to fill the void.

I can say with real certainty that if this season is another dud and it's because the Cowboys nickel and dimed their way through this offseason, I will most definitely invest less time on the team and this message board. And that sucks because I enjoy the discussion here. But if the team is just a dud, I can find other things better to do with my time.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

Cowboys make their money off of homers who support anything with a star. Don’t let this site fool you into thinking just because 6 or 7 guys who don’t like Dak or the 6 or 7 that dude hold any weight. None of these fanbases are purchasing memorabilia or tickets.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

1,000,000th anti-Dak rant thread that will eventually get proven wrong once Dak gets extended.

The powers that be should create a Whine Forum or Anti-Dak thread where all the Dak hating whiny threads get moved to.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And then there are some that just tell us to move on and root for another team even though we've been Cowboy fans all our lives just so some can live in a make believe world.
But I mean at what point do you move on when all a team does is bring you misery and pain? At some point you have to prioritize your health over this team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
1,000,000th anti-Dak rant thread that will eventually get proven wrong once Dak gets extended.

The powers that be should create a Whine Forum or Anti-Dak thread where all the Dak hating whiny threads get moved to.
I’m shocked that in 2024 people still have to cowardly make anti Dak threads when you could just come out and say Dak sucks and get it over with lol. Why hide?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And then there are some that just tell us to move on and root for another team even though we've been Cowboy fans all our lives just so some can live in a make believe world.
He's not the only one telling you. Many of us are tired of the constant whiny, anti-Dak threads. Worse than a bus full of kids complaining about not being given whipped cream with a cherry on top to their milkshake.

Chasing6

Reaction score

You are delusional.