Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

Blackrain

Reaction score
I no longer care for The Jones' circus anymore.RIP The Dallas Cowboys we used to know.
Yep there's kind of like three separate units of the Dallas Cowboys.

You have the original Dallas Cowboys the real cowboys that set the standard for the industry led by Tom Landry and Roger Staubach military train men who knew how to lead men to play above their heads and win.

Then you had Jimmy Johnson's Cowboys a short lived but very successful group.

For the last about three decades we've had Jerry Jones's Cowboys and they're a shadow of their former selves they are the polar opposite of what made us great

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Because he gives this team the best chance to win.
Well he would on a less than elite contract. However, he needs a running option (to keep the SF defense honest) a Defense that keeps him in games whilst he regains composure when he realizes he needs to step up (and things start going wrong). Then we've got to hope that in last 5 minutes (unlike the two SF play-off loses) Dak can keep composed and execute flawlessly.....that'll mean we need to keep CeeDee and improve at WR2, as we've seen that Dak struggles without top receiving options....in effect he needs a complete team (whilst getting 20% of our CAP allowance)

The best chance to win, but that's a lot of moving parts (and pretty much impossible to do if Dak is paid $50m+....especially with the $8m additional deferred bonus money that's owing to the CAP).

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Dak doesn't look like he is on his way out of town. He is set up to have another big season and get the new contract.
I so hope you are right and that I am wrong on this.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak hasn’t killed anything for me and I wouldn’t lose a lot of sleep if pennix was starting qb in 25. Anyone who allows 1 player to suck joy out it for them needs help

I am not a guy who gets all bent out of shape for very long after misfortune happens

If im blaming 1 guy it isn’t the qb. It’s the moron in the press box along with enis his dumb son

I will be watching the draft with hope that’s it pans out better than last year and I’ll be hooked into training camp

Funny thing is outside a handful of you come game 1 your gonna be watching just like me
Off season doldrums....Sargasso Sea of NFL football...made even worse by a pitiful playoff game.

Of course everyone will be back Week 1.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
There’s a difference between loving a team and loving misery. For instance if I wasn’t a fan of 50 years I would have bailed. I remember when this was a proud franchise. I love the Cowboys in all decades. If I was a lover of misery I would be a fan that just started being a fan 10 years ago and complained all the time.
back in my day..... blah blah blah. The rules used to allow for teams to stack the deck... they no longer do. The rules are designed to, and do a phenominal job of making teams equal. Some of you just cant accept that FACT.

No get off my lawn!

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lol...You complain every day about what you call "Anti-Dak fans". Maybe you don't even realize it?

It's not a wonder we disagree, after our last thread argument we were in we couldn't agree on success. You are happy with 12-5 seasons and making the playoffs, even with constant dak choking and 1st round exits. Me, I want to see more success from the team in the playoffs.

So it's really not a wonder we disagree a bit.

Although I have found, when we are not debating the QB, we agree on a bunch of other stuff. So there is hope for you after all!
That is the lamest thing I hear people say on here. NOBODY was dancing after the loss to GB because we were just happy we had made the playoffs.

That being said, a team that goes 12-5 for three straight years means I actually got to look forward to every Sunday and every Cowboys game. Fans of the Jets and Bears were pretty much done by week 7.... and that would be a horrible feeling.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
What a stupid take. It’s not Dak. It’s Jerry and his SpongeBob head son. This crap has been 30 years in the making. It. Is. Not. Dak.

Dracula

Reaction score
Why not just pick a new team? Some of you just love misery and try to push it on everyone else.
Continue to feed the Jones ego and mediocrity. Houston Texans showed some guts that Dallas will never show with Jones in charge.

Blackrain

Reaction score
That is the lamest thing I hear people say on here. NOBODY was dancing after the loss to GB because we were just happy we had made the playoffs.

That being said, a team that goes 12-5 for three straight years means I actually got to look forward to every Sunday and every Cowboys game. Fans of the Jets and Bears were pretty much done by week 7.... and that would be a horrible feeling.
Granted we had hope for a longer period of time then the Jets and the bears but the disappointment was far greater because we squandered one of the absolute best opportunities we have had in a long time.
The eagles completely fell off the cliff and gave us a stellar opportunity for a home game and to advance in the playoffs on a good roll.
The people who are paid to prepare this team for such events failed miserably this was not all on DAk by any stretch of the imagination.
With all the coaches available at the end of this season McCarthy should have been fired because his lack of preparation is why we didn't make it further.