Dak has killed any excitement this fanbase has left

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak hasn’t killed anything for me and I wouldn’t lose a lot of sleep if pennix was starting qb in 25. Anyone who allows 1 player to suck joy out it for them needs help

I am not a guy who gets all bent out of shape for very long after misfortune happens

If im blaming 1 guy it isn’t the qb. It’s the moron in the press box along with enis his dumb son

I will be watching the draft with hope that’s it pans out better than last year and I’ll be hooked into training camp

Funny thing is outside a handful of you come game 1 your gonna be watching just like me
You blame Jerry and Stephen for the playoff loss against San Fran??

leeblair

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

If the FO was smart, they would trade this guy tomorrow and retool.
:hammer:

Nothing else needs to be said.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Tyler Guyton or Jackson Powers-Johnson will likely be the pick too. O-Linemen aren't sexy picks, so that takes away from some of the excitement. Not exactly helping the pre-draft excitement.
We bust on a first round pick on a center and you can start throwing the dirt on Jerry hole in the ground.
I would be thrilled if we drafted him, but Jerry will not take that chance IMHO.

stiletto

Reaction score
I don’t get it lol.
LOL.. so...playoffs... arm cut off aka a big fat "L"..."Tis but a Scratch" to the homer... no big deal. How many of those does the Starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys get before everyone else realizes it is over for our Knight in shining armor??

starfan1

Reaction score
I don’t dwell on the playoff loss to San Fran like you

That was 2 years ago . Dak was part of the problem not all the problem. After pollard went down it was lights out as all we had was CeeDee

We rushed for 76 yards and Dak had 22 of them our line got whipped

And while the defense played better than it did against GB they still couldn’t stop San Fran when we really needed it

San Fran won TOP and I seem to remember Diggs doing an olay on kittle and dropping a key interception

In the end players do have to make plays but the GM has really never give Dallas the type of team that San Fran, KC, Buffalo and now Detroit has

So yes Jerry and little Enos carry more of my ire

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

That was 2 years ago . Dak was part of the problem not all the problem. After pollard went down it was lights out as all we had was CeeDee

And while the defense played better than it did against GB they still couldn’t stop San Fran when we really needed it

San Fran won TOP and I seem to remember Diggs doing an olay on kittle and dropping a key interception

In the end players do have to make plays but the GM has really never give Dallas the type of team that San Fran, KC, Buffalo and now Detroit has

LOL

Another fan that thinks all elements of the team are equal….

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

If fans are truly confident in the rosters Jerry has built, then there should be no more need for Cowboys fans to make constant remarks about how much trouble the Cowboys are in as a team whenever Howie Roseman signs a new player or makes some big move in free agency. And this is in the circumstance of the Cowboys moving on from Dak.

We should be seeing Jerry put together rosters who will at the very least be competing with the Eagles and 49ers for NFCCG appearances. And should not have to wait too long before they give the next Dallas QB enough for the Cowboys to be in the Super Bowl in the near future.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is a huge draft for finishing off the OL and no mater if it's Trey or a new QB in 2025 it all starts up front.
So yeah, I'm excited
Good for you my friend, I'm always entertained by the draft, and exactly what will Jerry potentially pull off.

It's more of the dynamics that I hope for the most, let's see if we are trading to get up, staying put at 24, or accepting an offer for additional capital to move down, players or pics doesn't matter.

Just make some right choices right now in this one, cant make a mistake in this draft, Dak needs two OL and a RB.
Zimmer wants a bone thrown his way.... who wins?

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL

Another fan that thinks all elements of the team are equal….

I mean if you’re miserable don’t watch it’s really pretty easy . Take a short break . You guys have spent the entire off season whining like little teenage girls

Poor me ! my team got beat by a seven seed. It’s all the QB fault

You guys do you. I won’t allow you to drain what enjoyment I can get in between the 4 million Dak sucks threads

The team blew chunks on us again for the 28 th year in a row Daks only been here 8 of them .

Skelators been here all of them

starfan1

Reaction score
If fans are truly confident in the rosters Jerry has built, then there should be no more need for Cowboys fans to make constant remarks about how much trouble the Cowboys are in as a team whenever Howie Roseman signs a new player or makes some big move in free agency. And this is in the circumstance of the Cowboys moving on from Dak.

We should be seeing Jerry put together rosters who will at the very least be competing with the Eagles and 49ers for NFCCG appearances. And should not have to wait too long before they give the next Dallas QB enough for the Cowboys to be in the Super Bowl in the near future.
Maybe they’ll draft pennix for you or Nix. He never spends on FA after Carr

Jerry has put together( 3 )12-5 rosters in row just hasn’t sealed the deal with a run game and a defense that stops the run

Sydla

Reaction score
Big picture........... yeah. The one constant throughout the last 25+ years hasn't been Dak or Romo or McCarthy or Phillips or Garrett or Jaylon Smith or whatever coach or player we want to blame............ it's been Jerry and his doofus of a son.

But that San Fran game, Dak was not good. Nor were a handful of other guys. But at the end of the day, big hoss and dopey son are the ones that put all this together year after year and continue to fail year after year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you still believe in Dak then you’re delusional.

Hes not a big game player. That much is clear.

Blackrain

Reaction score
This draft has probably the least amount of excitement I can remember in over a decade. Now a lot of you will say its Jerry and Stephen being the woats that they are, but they have been here for 35 years and its never been this bad.

The pro-Dak fans are tuned out because he hasnt gotten his extension yet and looks to be on his way out of town (finally)

The anti-Dak fans are tuned out because we know no matter who we draft this weekend, it wont be enough for this guy.

Yeah well you must be a young buck because it's been this bad and it's been a lot worse the eight and eight NFL purgatory of Jason Garrett and Romo.

The years we were coached by Dave Campo

Heck the draft is the only thing to get excited about since the front office did nothing in free agency so far.
Yeah Dak had a bad game against Green Bay but so did the whole team including that horrible coaching staff who did nothing to prepare the team.

Get a grip Willie it doesn't matter who the quarterback is with this front office we will always be a few pieces of the puzzle away when you have three 12 win seasons and you're too stupid to go all in and get over the top in one of them you just don't want to win a super bowl bad enough
That's where we're at with this front office they don't want to win a super bowl bad enough the fans want a super bowl Jerry is fully satisfied with being relevant and making money

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Plenty of teams. They would immediately extend him to get the cap hit way down.
Jerry has not even granted Todd France permission to discuss contract terms with another team. The other 31 teams can’t even suggest what they may be willing to pay Dak if they could trade for him, because Jerry Jones has not allowed there even being an initial chat. I’m going to guess no team will offer anything for Dak Prescott without agreeing to terms in advance. Jerry Jones is intent on keeping Dak, apparently. Of course, that’s Dak’s fault. Everything is Dak’s fault. Jerry Jones is a victim.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I have.l a few thoughts:

1. I don’t have much excitement for this season because I don’t expect them to be competitive for a Super Bowl. Dak is part of the reason for that. Not the sole reason.

2. I’m fine with cowboys approach this offseason if it’s part of a “soft” rebuild which includes letting Dak’s contract expire and moving on from QB. Their approach makes zero sense if they actually extend Dak. But if they have a down season this year with the plan of drafting a QB next year, good. I like that idea.

3. I don’t trust JJ and Stephen to win a championship one way or another. It’ll only happen by getting lucky, not because they’re good at running a team.

I actually think that the only chance our FO has to win a Super Bowl. Is to get lucky and draft a HoF caliber super elite QB.

Without that, they aren’t good enough to build a championship caliber with a Dak who isn’t top 2-3 in the league.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I’m not denying they’ve made horrible decisions; I was speaking about the “Dak era.” He’s had more than enough talent other than the first half of 2018 to win a championship.
He had Jason Garrett as a head coach fior the first half of his career. Rod Marinelli’s crappy defense. That voids out any talent that was on the team with him. The Jones family wasted a lot of talent sticking with Garrett so long. The last 3 years is where I started losing faith in Dak and the fact that the Jones boys have sit back and our only options outside Dak are Trey Lance and Cooper Rush is inexcusable. A real GM would be looking for options to not pay Dak whatever he is going to command.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
He had Jason Garrett as a head coach fior the first half of his career. Rod Marinelli’s crappy defense. That voids out any talent that was on the team with him. The Jones family wasted a lot of talent sticking with Garrett so long. The last 3 years is where I started losing faith in Dak and the fact that the Jones boys have sit back and our only options outside Dak are Trey Lance and Cooper Rush is inexcusable. A real GM would be looking for options to not pay Dak whatever he is going to command.
So the team's coached by Garrett and Marinelli weren't good enough when they made it to the NFC divisional round? Only then was it Garrett's fault and not Dak's? They played a part in getting to the dance, so you cant have a strawman argument.

rambo2

Reaction score

Dak doesn't look like he is on his way out of town. He is set up to have another big season and get the new contract.