Dak has never played better

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He was amped up on the first possession, so I discount the over-throws. But he has been throwing darts out there.

Which underscores my contention if you keep him upright and relatively unharassed, he can compete at the top level.

J_Allen

Reaction score
You must have been over the top harsh on him to want him benched. He’s never played that poorly to warrant a benching, especially with what we have backing him up.
Oh I think he's played poorly plenty of times, and yes enough to get benched.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh I think he's played poorly plenty of times, and yes enough to get benched.
He’s never put together enough poor performances to warrant being benched. You don’t bench a QB because of a bad game here and there, especially not one with the winning record that Dak has. Not once was Garrett ever asked when he was the coach if Dak should be benched and the same with McCarthy. Dak has never been as bad as you and some others think he’s been.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
All these stats over 8 years suggesting he is decent...

More than usual claiming he is playing the best ball he has ever played....

Some suggesting hes playing the best ball in the league...

Yet...a significant silenced group still says we should trade him...

Math is fuzzy to me.

Something doesnt add up.

Trade the best bus driver in the league over contract numbers that have nothing to do with the QB? Or...trade one of the best QB's in football...just cause of hate?

Kellen and now Mike have best Offence in football...what like 3 out of 4 years?...who is the common denominator? Or does that not fit the narrative? Or is our schedule easy?
Bueler? Bueler?....Bueler?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have been a very vocal Dak critic, but he is playing GTREAT right now. BUT, he has had stretches like this before. I love seeing him play at this level, but if he lays a goose egg in the playoffs, none of us will care.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I have been a very vocal Dak critic, but he is playing GTREAT right now. BUT, he has had stretches like this before. I love seeing him play at this level, but if he lays a goose egg in the playoffs, none of us will care.
Based on team play or him solely?

State your case.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
23 tds/6 ints. Qb rating 108-109. He's playing incredible. With poise and confidence is off the charts. His accuracy is much better. Great leadership. Got to give McCarthy credit too. This offense has made Dak better. Something changed after the Niners game. Cowboys still have a chance at the division and home field.
He has elevated his game, but a lot of the teams were not that great during the stretch.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
23 tds/6 ints. Qb rating 108-109. He's playing incredible. With poise and confidence is off the charts. His accuracy is much better. Great leadership. Got to give McCarthy credit too. This offense has made Dak better. Something changed after the Niners game. Cowboys still have a chance at the division and home field.
Just imagine how well he could be doing if the run game was more reliable and could take pressure off of him??

CCBoy

Reaction score
Based on team play or him solely?

State your case.
The team is the only team not having allowed 300 yards to an opposing quarterback, no 100 yard receiver, and no 100 yard rusher....NONE. The team is now 8-3...now rolodez another crap load for intelegent discussion...or get a case.

mattwill

Reaction score
It might sound crazy but if we all agree Mahomes is the best.....and he's not currently playing the best? You might be right. Well ok yeah Purdy is playing well too. I forget about him.
Hurts is in that conversation as well, but the 2023 version of Hurts is definitely a notch below the 2022 Hurts.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Dolly Parton performs during halftime of an NFL football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Commanders Thursday, Nov. 23, 2023, in Arlington, Texas. (AP Photo/Julio Cortez)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The team is the only team not having allowed 300 yards to an opposing quarterback, no 100 yard receiver, and no 100 yard rusher....NONE. The team is now 8-3...now rolodez another crap load for intelegent discussion...or get a case.
Howell got exactly 300yds but I get your point :thumbup:

mattwill

Reaction score
They definitely do have a chance, but they can't do it alone. They need help from some other team to catch the Eagles. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles in their upcoming game, they are still one loss behind the Eagles, and the Eagles also have the tie-breaker over the Cowboys right now.

With that said, the NFL schedule makers did not do the Eagles any favors when they made up the schedule. When the Eagles play the 49ers in 10 days they will have had all 10 days to rest and prepare. The Eagles will only have 7 days. The same thing happens the next week when the Cowboys have 10 days from Thursday to Sunday and the Eagles only 7. That extra preparation time is a significant advantage. Time will tell whether that theoretical advantage proves to be a real advantage.

All that means there definitely is a chance. Time will tell if it turns out that way.