Dak has never played better

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve made plenty of negative comments about dak when he’s underperformed, but for nearly two months now he’s played probably the best football of any QB in the league.
Agreed! He’s playing lights out right now!

Flamma

Reaction score
Speaking of Dak, I heard two comical comments by a Washington fan. I don't know if this was true or not, but this fan was furious.

1. Dak was eating a turkey leg before the game was even over.
2. If they had to swab Dak for DNA, you wouldn't find any Washington DNA on him.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
He is playing well. I hope it continues. 5 of the next 6 are against playoff caliber teams, so he will have his chance. I think we go 4-2 (3-3 if the last game means nothing and we sit players). Still has to get over the SF hump or none of this "best he ever played" stuff will matter one bit.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
Dak has played an amazing stretch of football that gives him a chance to be in the conversation for MVP over the final month of the season.

Hold up ... what?! A hat tip to the guy for ignoring the doubters ( *raises hand* ) and playing sound football.

But like any of these awards, it’s what is done in the month of December that matters — especially for Dak, given his career narrative. Dominate Seattle, Philly and Buffalo like this? Then he will really be cookin’.
I really hope this happens!! This coming from a Dak doubter too!

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Agreed. I’ve made plenty of negative comments about dak when he’s underperformed, but for nearly two months now he’s played probably the best football of any QB in the league.
Yep, let's hope these games give him the confidence to play this way against the better defenses....and not to let his head drop in clutch moments.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yep, let's hope these games give him the confidence to play this way against the better defenses....and not to let his head drop in clutch moments.
Yeah that really is the last test for dak and this offense right now. Can they continue this pace against better teams in close games. I haven’t verified but one of the morning shows today was talking about dak this season and said he’s 4TDs to 4 ints while trailing this season. That’s a little concerning but I also think this offense is way better now than they were for the SF/ARZ games. We will find out really quick over the next few weeks how good this unit is.

Creeper

Reaction score
We always knew Dak had it in him to play like this. I thought yesterday was not one of his greatest games, but even with some overthrown balls he was still really good. Dak's problem has been to play at this level for an entire season. Was it 2019 when Dak started the season on fire and was in the running for MVP early on? Then in the second half of the season he lost it That has been his pattern since 2017. We are 11 games into the season and he is still playing at a high level so that is a good sign. Hopefully he keeps it up for the next 6 games and into the playoffs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He was amped up on the first possession, so I discount the over-throws. But he has been throwing darts out there.

Which underscores my contention if you keep him upright and relatively unharassed, he can compete at the top level.
he threw it much further than I anticipated, maybe a little more air under the ball, but those were also strategic calls, to force the defense to defend the deep, open up the middle and running game. sometimes its a success if you hit it, but its still a success. specially that we did it in back to back possessions, sending a message we are going to be aggressive.

mattwill

Reaction score
No one disputes how good Dak is playing right now. It's who the teams are he's doing it against.
They made that argument against Hurts last year, and how did that work out? Dak can only play the teams that are on the schedule ... and he has done that with both quality and style.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No one disputes how good Dak is playing right now. It's who the teams are he's doing it against.
These all are big boys and at the professional levels. Teams are just that, a group of dedicated contributing his part.

All games have the originated team rhythm and each game is changed by momentum changes in that very game. This is sport and results are affected by each and every game by design. That is the game and intensity brought into a specific game. It isn't a shame to lose as the season progresses. Almost no one goes through the season perfectly. This is a very strong team by Dallas and it has had problems to overcome as the season has progressed.

Having an offensive line come together with no prior rehearsal is no minor undertaking. The first time in over a year and a half was major in the aggressive confrontations. But, forged by fire, iron becomes steel...and that is what is seen here. Not going against the 'proclaimed' very best. That becomes an excuse for failure, not the game played.

No one approaches a game having to own up to a 'Mother may I.' These Cowboys certainly don't going into a contest.

This is football, Teams go into each and every contest...that is a guarantee. These Cowboys are very good and getting better. I'm a Cowboys fan in this sport and don't have to apologize for their being a strong and strongly growing team.

Ayeeeeaaaah! It shall be done!

:thumbup::starspin:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The re-introduction of Dak-as-run-threat has been very effective. He also had excellent pass protection tonight.
Actually had a bit of a run game. Defense getting scores.

The whole team is playing way better in my opinion.

Hopefully this gives them confidence going into the burn unit section of our schedule.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yeah that really is the last test for dak and this offense right now. Can they continue this pace against better teams in close games. I haven’t verified but one of the morning shows today was talking about dak this season and said he’s 4TDs to 4 ints while trailing this season. That’s a little concerning but I also think this offense is way better now than they were for the SF/ARZ games. We will find out really quick over the next few weeks how good this unit is.
Rehearsals are built into the game involving momentum changes. On topic here, Red Zone productions over the past 4 games are in fact top shelf in successes now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They made that argument against Hurts last year, and how did that work out? Dak can only play the teams that are on the schedule ... and he has done that with both quality and style.
That's all well and good but is the comment you quoted wrong?

We have every reason to be in good spirits right now. As I just said the whole team...and MM...are playing great football.

It's one week at a time...but can we sustain this when things get heated up? It's a valid question.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Rehearsals are built into the game involving momentum changes. On topic here, Red Zone productions over the past 4 games are in fact top shelf in successes now.
Don’t disagree and most signs are pointing in the right direction. The one piece I would like to see improvement in is slow starts from this offense. Last four games have involved 2 three and outs, a 4 play and point yesterday, and a very nice drive against NY but resulted in a turnover on downs. In rhythm this offense looks like a top unit in the league, but also looks like one of the worsts more often than not during the opening series.