Dak has surpassed Romo

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Staubach has always been my #1 favorite Cowboys player of all time...

But no way would he be better than Dak if they both were 27 years old, in their prime and competing on the field. Dak is a bigger, stronger and more accurate version of Roger Staubach. He just is.

Roger Staubach:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/StauRo00.htm

Dak Prescott:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PresDa01.htm

Both players are so much alike, overall, in their play.
I disagree. I respect your opinion but in my mind Dak isn't there yet. Got to win in the playoffs and ultimately at least a superbowl........ it's not all about superbowl wins cause it's a team sport, i get that but we need more success in postseason or he is just another Romo.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Stauback was one of the greats no question. He had all the intangibles A+.
I went back to old era games and watched Stauback's rassle dassle,his throws, his accuracy. Dak is better.
No hate here but i disagree. Would have to see the end of Daks career first

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Actually in today's NFL Staubach would struggle against more athletic defensive players and overall more faster, powerful and more complex defenses.

Staubach was an incredible, outstanding quarterback in his era.
But you don't know that. You're speculating just like i am

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
totally get it and Id be surprised if a lot of members dont disagree
go back and watch some old Roger games
Dak's only issue is can he keep it going like the greats
I appreiciate your view
I appreciate yours as well.

We don't know, Dak might go down as the greatest Cowboys QB of all time.

I have Dak moving up the list though and already had him above Romo and White....... although White had a ton of playoff success i think Dak is better QB

phildadon86

Reaction score
We wasted the SB window while training Dak period.. This personnel on offense is a QBs dream.. You wouldn’t have needed to train Romo when to check into a run play with Zeke.

Dak’s third quarter was built off Zeke gashing the Panthers front at will.
Romo checked out of a run play and threw it to Dez on 4th and 2. Remind me again. What happened in that game? You really love making up things

Blake

Reaction score
Romo checked out of a run play and threw it to Dez on 4th and 2. Remind me again. What happened in that game? You really love making up things

He had Beasley open underneath to easily move the chains and keep the clock moving, but chose to play hero ball instead. His ego cost them a touchdown and potential playoff win.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
He had Beasley open underneath to easily move the chains and keep the clock moving, but chose to play hero ball instead. His ego cost them a touchdown and potential playoff win.

He threw a great ball up high where only Dez could catch it, and he did. It's amazing to me what people will use to discredit Tony Romo. We can rehash that play for the thousandth time. We didn't lose that game or not score a touchdown because he tried to play hero ball. It was a terrible rule and a terrible call that cost us that game and everybody knows it.

LOL well I thought that everybody did....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I loved Tony Romo.

With Tony ........ I was always waiting to see something amazing and I was always dreading seeing an interception or him getting injured.

I love Dak Prescot.

With Dak I am not as worried nor do I get as excited when the ball is in his hands (but its getting close this year)

Their play styles are so different ....... the risk and reward factor is so different.

Dak can prove he is better by winning a Superbowl ........ its a team game so that is not really fair to Tony ........ but themes the breaks in the NFL.

Blake

Reaction score
He threw a great ball up high where only Dez could catch it, and he did. It's amazing to me what people will use to discredit Tony Romo. We can rehash that play for the thousandth time. We didn't lose that game or not score a touchdown because he tried to play hero ball. It was a terrible rule and a terrible call that cost us that game and everybody knows it.

LOL well I thought that everybody did....

Great ball. Dumb decision to throw it instead of taking the easy yards on 4th and 2.

mardwin

Reaction score
Romo had to endure Jason Garrett as his OC and HC for a decade. It is not coincidence Dak is now playing at his best two years after Garrett left.

Blake

Reaction score
Romo had to endure Jason Garrett as his OC and HC for a decade. It is not coincidence Dak is now playing at his best two years after Garrett left.

I dogg on Romo, but I do hope he releases an autobiography one of these days, of which half of it will be dedicated to throwing that clapper under the bus.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
emD.gif

go dak

losersgetcute

Reaction score
He is playing better than Romo ever has. Tony is my all time favorite player. It’s just a testament to where Dak is at right now.
Dak surpassed Romo when he was in College bruh...lol...when they drafted him I was like "finally, a serious QB." Tony tried hard and made some plays but he was a choke artist who would've been 3rd QB on a big program's depth chart. I am still amazed that he beat out Drew Henson to earn a spot as a UFA...