Dak has surpassed Romo

plasticman

Reaction score
Opinion

I look forward to the guy looking down with his hands covering his eyes emoji or the chuckling dawg emoji for my comments.

Dak is playing better than Romo. If Troy were playing in today's NFL Dak would beat him two out of three times. And the finally Dak would be higher rated and a better QB then Stauback . Yes I said it and Stauback who is a long time favorites.

I've been thinking about this since the beginning of the season but it seemed sacrilegious certainly against Stauback the comeback kid.

These are different times cause the rules favour the QB and offense yada yada, no Dak is the best Cowboy's QB:facepalm::muttley::angry:

Better than Staubach, four time #1 rated passer for a season?

Who put a team of rookies on his shoulder and carried them to a Super Bowl, one of four, in their "rebuilding year"?

Super Bowl 6 MVP, Roger Staubach?

Are you actually comparing a 1970's quarterback to a modern day quarterback? Do you think it's even close to fair?

In the 70's there was no such thing as "in the grasp". They could pick you up and throw you on the ground. They could tag team body slam you head first. There was no such thing as a healthy quarterback. They wore knee braces, padded jackets to protect broken ribs, you name it. A running quarterback wasn't a multi-dimensional weapon, he was desperately running for his life.

Despite all the enhanced diets, advanced training techniques, and state of the art strengthening programs, todays football players couldn't handle the demands of real football games instead of the watered down version that handcuffs defenses and allows offenses to inflate their scoring because we obviously watch the games for those clever scoring celebrations..

sjmike

Reaction score

Who put a team of rookies on his shoulder and carried them to a Super Bowl, one of four, in their "rebuilding year"?

Are you actually comparing a 1970's quarterback to a modern day quarterback? Do you think it's even close to fair?

In the 70's there was no such thing as "in the grasp". They could pick you up and throw you on the ground. They could tag team body slam you head first. There was no such thing as a healthy quarterback. They wore knee braces, padded jackets to protect broken ribs, you name it. A running quarterback wasn't a multi-dimensional weapon, he was desperately running for his life.

Despite all the enhanced diets, advanced training techniques, and state of the art strengthening programs, todays football players couldn't handle the demands of real football games instead of the watered down version that handcuffs defenses and allows offenses to inflate their scoring because we obviously watch the games for those clever scoring celebrations..
And get off his lawn!!!

waving monkey

Reaction score

I knew this would get you PM more then any other member but Im from your era and I have watched both players I chose Dak

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Opinion

I look forward to the guy looking down with his hands covering his eyes emoji or the chuckling dawg emoji for my comments.

Dak is playing better than Romo. If Troy were playing in today's NFL Dak would beat him two out of three times. And the finally Dak would be higher rated and a better QB then Stauback . Yes I said it and Stauback who is a long time favorites.

I've been thinking about this since the beginning of the season but it seemed sacrilegious certainly against Stauback the comeback kid.

These are different times cause the rules favour the QB and offense yada yada, no Dak is the best Cowboy's QB:facepalm::muttley::angry:

Well, seeing as how Romo last played in 2016 I would think Dak is playing better than Romo.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
I'm in the camp of why does it matter. Tony's in the booth and Dak's on the field. It's not as if the coaches have to choose between them, there is no quarterback controversy, the locker room isn't split.

Go Cowboys! Beat the giants!! :flagwave:

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
One key thing I think you are overlooking - Roger didn't get to play in today's game with all the rules in place to protect the QB, the tickey-tack PI rules, etc. Likewise, Dak will never play in the NFL of the 1970's where it was common for the QB's to get murdered every week, so its impossible to say who would do better if they swapped QB eras..

Roger had a shortened career due to concussions. In todays game he might have had a longer career and put up better numbers. Put a 27 year old Roger on the field now and you might be looking at Brady's twin. Brady in the 70's has a very short career due to his lack of mobility.
You are overlooking how much slower them 70s teams play was compared to today's. The game today is so much faster/quicker and today's teams are stronger, hence the reason why today's QBs are better protected.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think these comparisons are silly. Imma just enjoy the whole team playing very well. Coaching is much better. I'm having fun!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Opinion

If you're going to write something that you weren't there for, and are totally clueless about, Roger Staubach's extraordinary football career, at least bother to spell his name right. That way you might look a smidgen less clueless than you actually are.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Recency bias, when did Romo have a cb get him 4 picks in 4 games? Dak has gotten better every year until his injury, still think he was playing a bit better last year, but still very good. Amari Cooper is a more complete receiver than Dez ever was. Gallup and Lamb, both better no 2/3 receivers for most of Romo's tenure, sure Miles in his prime.
Didnt Romo have Anthony Henry in 2007? Maybe Romo shouldnt have gone to Cabo with his bestie and kept his eye on the game. Romo also had TO. Who is better than Cooper and a HOF TE. And lets not sneeze at the OL Romo had in 2007 either.

JBond

Reaction score
I have read monkeys tend to throw feces around for no good reason.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I disagree. Love Dak but he isn't no Staubach. In today's NFL he would break records
Actually in today's NFL Staubach would struggle against more athletic defensive players and overall more faster, powerful and more complex defenses.

Staubach was an incredible, outstanding quarterback in his era.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Actually in today's NFL Staubach would struggle against more athletic defensive players and overall more faster, powerful and more complex defenses.

Staubach was an incredible, outstanding quarterback in his era.

After leaving football Roger built a multi-million dollar business. The man went to the Naval Academy, you don't get in there by being only of average intelligence.

Smarts are the biggest reason quarterbacks carry their teams to SBs, Roger had that in abundance. And as far as the more atheltic, etc. defensive players, if Roger played against those guys my feeling is that he'd have learned to deal with that.

In any case, Roger retired over 40 years ago, comparing players that far apart is an exercise in futility...

waving monkey

Reaction score
If you're going to write something that you weren't there for, and are totally clueless about, Roger Staubach's extraordinary football career, at least bother to spell his name right. That way you might look a smidgen less clueless than you actually are.
sorry Conehead [love it], I was there. Ive watched since 1966 as far as my literacy well thats another matter.
Totally clueless hmm what do you know. Its funny how some cant debate with making accusations thay know nada about.

waving monkey

Reaction score
After leaving football Roger built a multi-million dollar business. The man went to the Naval Academy, you don't get in there by being only of average intelligence.

Smarts are the biggest reason quarterbacks carry their teams to SBs, Roger had that in abundance. And as far as the more atheltic, etc. defensive players, if Roger played against those guys my feeling is that he'd have learned to deal with that.

In any case, Roger retired over 40 years ago, comparing players that far apart is an exercise in futility...
no question Roger was smart however it may be an exercise in futility but its not absurd