Twitter: Dak has taken a step back in his return

basel90

Reaction score
Dude..... I've been hanging around this site for 6-7 years. I had to eventually make an account just to use the ignore list feature. And I HATE making accounts and giving out email stuff. Totally worth it though.

The hilarious thing is the weirdos who obviously have multiple accounts and upvote themselves. I think I've finally got them all muted. These are the dudes that think they're doing this new thing called "trolling". So many losers, so many loser posts.

There are tons of cool people here though and lots of funny threads. Just gotta decide if you're gonna actually waste time and blood pressure responding to these clowns. Personally, I steer clear of dudes in big red floppy shoes. 39 pages of nonsense in this one thread. Man child central. So many hissy fits.

As far as the Dak hate goes... I'll never understand it. There's something more to it but I'm not sure what. I really think it has to do with his draft position. Who freaking knows. Other than the Dak weirdness, I think this is an excellent replacement of Twitter. And much more fun to read through. I'm not sure why I wrote this tbh.... Oh yeah! About the topic of the thread.

Not one single person on this site has any idea about what is actually happening with Dak's shoulder. It's just as possible it's soreness as it's possible there's muscle damage. We'll know week 1 how bad it is. That's the only thing we "know". But here we are, 1000 comments later. Tbf, it's probably more, but I don't see those kids lol.
With all respect Dak has not proven anything yet . Cowboys fans have the right to question him . Heck , his record last season was 1-4 before getting injured . So we are not talked about a proven commodity or a super bowl QB . Yet he got paid top dollar next to Mahomes . Time for him to do something , like leading the cowboys into a deep playoff run as a start .

Reaction score
With all respect Dak has not proven anything yet . Cowboys fans have the right to question him . Heck , his record last season was 1-4 before getting injured . So we are not talked about a proven commodity or a super bowl QB . Yet he got paid top dollar next to Mahomes . Time for him to do something , like leading the cowboys into a deep playoff run as a start .
The TEAM was 1 and THREE (2 -3 the game he was injured in with the lead) while averaging over 30 ppg, you want to throw rocks and blame someone blame the DEFENSE if you could call it a defense.

khiladi

Reaction score
The TEAM was 1 and THREE (2 -3 the game he was injured in with the lead) while averaging over 30 ppg, you want to throw rocks and blame someone blame the DEFENSE if you could call it a defense.

Dak had 4 INTs and 3 fumbles in those games, meaning a big part of the reason why they were down in the first place, and a 50 QBR rating in the 4th quarter down by 7, with a whopping like 4.6 YPC. Padded stats against soft defenses and when the defenses tightened up, he went conservative and was mediocre.

Further, if the defenses of Dallas sucked, what about the defenses the Cowboys offense played against? They don’t get that excuse?

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that the cowboys front office staff has downplayed injuries for YEARS. Going back to like 2011. I remember them saying Romo was “day to day” after the herniated disc injury after Washington 2013 (week 16). Yet people here are upset at posters for being concerned.

Who are you trying to convince? Us or yourselves?

khiladi

Reaction score
Playing QB with a prosthetic leg was going to be hard enough, now he's going to have a prosthetic arm to match.

It's going to be almost impossible.

Plus, his mechanics are awful at times, where he throws with his arms and not his hips, especially when he’s throwing behind wide open WRs downfield. That’s more of a recipe for disaster.

And that seems to be exactly what happened, because he said it happened when he “threw long”, but he blamed it on not warming up properly.

basel90

Reaction score
Agree , the defense was atrocious, but don’t overlook the fact that dak has lost most of the games ( I think he has a 25% winning percentage against winning teams ) and lost or failed at many crucial games ( saints ,Jets , Philadelphia games etc etc ) in short , he has not done anything of notice yet .

khiladi

Reaction score
This tweet is not accurate. Mike said the Cowboys have taken a step back with their approach on Dak (i.e. being more conservative), NOT that Dak has taken a step back.

He also said in his clarification, “After research and looking into it, we just don’t want this to turn into some int big.”

The implication is that if it isn’t managed properly, it could become way worse.

Bartlebie

Reaction score

Away with you! You with your logic... There's no place for that nonsense here!:muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Plus, his mechanics are awful at times, where he throws with his arms and not his hips, especially when he’s throwing behind wide open WRs downfield. That’s more of a recipe for disaster.

And that seems to be exactly what happened, because he said it happened when he “threw long”, but he blamed it on not warming up properly.
Can you say, Tim Tebow........

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree , the defense was atrocious, but don’t overlook the fact that dak has lost most of the games ( I think he has a 25% winning percentage against winning teams ) and lost or failed at many crucial games ( saints ,Jets , Philadelphia games etc etc ) in short , he has not done anything of notice yet .

How the heck are we getting to the Superbowl with those stats????:(
Are there playoffs where we can play only teams with losing records?????:huh:
NFL should make the change so Dak might reach a SB.....:muttley:

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Reported on the fan this morning when you’re contacting the rangers to discuss arm injuries there is a bigger issue not being discussed. Being ruled out already for the Rams is another red flag. Dak probably has a torn rotator cuff.
https://news.yahoo.com/jerry-jones-texas-rangers-advised-172545009.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

That's not the same thing as what's being said in this article. The Fan's conclusion is different than what Jerry said. I guess we'll see if they are truly downplaying it, but it is interesting that they consulted the Rangers.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

Yea i just listened to Cowboys Break and Mickey is saying it didnt happen from over-training or throwing too much. He hurt himself throwing a long pass like you said …

How are you a QB and your mechanics are that bad that you cant even make a long throw properly without hurting yourself :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Yea i just listened to Cowboys Break and Mickey is saying it didnt happen from over-training or throwing too much. He hurt himself throwing a long pass like you said …

How are you a QB and your mechanics are that bad that you cant even make a long throw properly without hurting yourself :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
he doesn't have a strong arm. he has to wind up and throw it with everything he has to throw it long. Can you say noodle arm. Campbell soup called and wants its noodle back!

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
noddleprescot2.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score

Who knows if the tender ankle contribute to it? Maybe he didn’t want to plant hard, so he leveraged his arm without turning his hip properly and forced it with his arms.

Here is an article on third 3 year Dak, which talks about how his poor pocket awareness leads to bad mechanics. This usually starts happening when he starts feeling non-existent pressure and it’s a criticism that goes back to his scouting report. This also started happening “peak Dak” in 2019, when the “explosive offense” started to get figured out and we led the league in lack of TDs thrown in a stretch of quarters or something like that.

But in honesty, Jerry Jones and his son deserve this, for giving Dak the worst contract he’s ever done. The fact Dak got a no-trade clause in these conditions is borderline comical.

You know the irony of Dak-stans trying to blame Jerry Jones for being the worst GM in history seems to escape them when it comes to wasting years on training this guy like Garrett and giving Dak this type of contract coming off his injury, even if one thinks, prior to this, he had enough to do enough to win, when surrounded by talent. apparently that’s the only time Jerry didn’t something right…

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...iling-him-and-time-is-running-out-to-fix-them

DAK8%2BNYG%2BB.gif

DAK1_edit_0.jpg

DAK3_edit_0.jpg

Last edited: