Dak hasn't delivered. Why pay him another dime?

Dorsett33

Reaction score
When Dak got his last ridiculous contract, Cowboys fans were assured that he was going to deliver "rings".
Last year Tad Prescott stated that "Dak wants to bring them rings."
How long is the wait, and how many hundreds of millions of dollars should Dak be given for "rings", especially considering that in the last two seasons he has shut down in the playoffs like he did before his last huge payday!
So why should Jerry believe that giving Dak another dime will help the team?
How many hundreds of millions of dollars is it worth to see him choke every time the game gets too big?
What's your backup plan? Your replacement? And how long does he have before you want to replace him?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What's your backup plan? Your replacement? And how long does he have before you want to replace him?
These detractors and or trolls don’t care. They have no real solutions. Notice they don’t have issues with other aspects of the team. Everything is great but the QB. Lol

Too bad they don’t ever take on the one constant throughout this era regardless who the QB is. He’s the one who has kept this QB for last 8 years and possibly could another 4 or 5.

One of only owners and GM in over 3 decades not to use a 1st rd pick on a QB.

stinkface

Reaction score
Who doesn’t want to pay an elite QB? We just saw Lawrence get paid $55 million a year equaling Joe Burrow as the highest paid QB in the league and he’s not even close to being elite. Even average QBs are getting paid huge money. No way is a team going to trade an “elite” QB. It’s not going to happen. We’ve only seen two elite QBs traded Joe Montana, and Aaron Rodgers and they were aging and one was coming off a serious injury. Steve Young was traded years ago by Tampa, but he wasn’t close to being an elite QB at the time. They didn’t think he was the answer which is why they traded him. You’re dreaming a silly dream if you think someone is going to trade an elite QB.
Yawn.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The backup 'plan' has been essentially the same since Troy Aikman retired: 1) Use any quarterback for the interim; 2) team tanks that season; 3) secure a high seed in the following NFL draft; 4) select one of the highest graded quarterbacks coming out of college.

...as if Jerry Jones can be depended upon to follow through on a wish-upon-a-star dream, lol.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The backup 'plan' has been essentially the same since Troy Aikman retired: 1) Use any quarterback for the interim; 2) team tanks that season; 3) secure a high seed in the following NFL draft; 4) select one of the highest graded quarterbacks coming out of college.

...as if Jerry Jones can be depended upon to follow through on a wish-upon-a-star dream, lol.
I mean we do have a list of the QB's Jerry has wanted in past drafts...I totally have faith in this working out..lol

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Another weak excuse from the lemmings . The Cowboys have been in position to win many times over the past 10 years . But somehow when Dak beats up Chumps in the regular season, it's the MVP ! When Chokota stinks it up in the playoff with his doe eye , " Man the Jones boys stink ! "

Not making excuses for Dak at all. But the rest of the team was so bad against Green Bay the Cowboys would not have won even if he played well.

The only point of my post was to show Dak is part of the problem, not the only problem. If I am a lemming with a weak excuse, tell me how many Super Bowls this team won from 1996-2015 before "Chokota" even got here.

:huh:

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
But who can you get that is? Just letting Dak walk without a plan to replace him means you save his money but lose the money on lamb, micah and others dince you can’t win without a QB. Anyone but Dak isn’t a plan it’s just ones hate for the player. What’s the plan?
So what's your plan ?

Over pay a choking Dak

Pay Micah and CeeDee

then field a team on No names, then complain about Jerry not spending money allotted to said three ?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So what's your plan ?

Over pay a choking Dak

Pay Micah and CeeDee

then field a team on No names, then complain about Jerry not spending money allotted to said three ?
I mean im being crazy but my plan would be for Jerry to hire a real GM and let him build a coaching staf and then build a team around that HC's plan then hold them accountable for winning..the 28 year plan your defending aint working so well....Jerry is the problem deductive reasoning leaves no other options...who has been the only person in this with his hands on the wheel the whole 28 years?

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Again what is your plan ?

Complain that Jerry doesnt spend ,

but at the same time want to pay a marginally 12-15 QB #1 money

Pay CD , Pay Micah

to lose in the first round again , and draft 26-30 .

Then wonder why things do not change ...:facepalm:

Proof

Reaction score
Its a team game until it conveniently isnt.
how does his point contradict it being a team game? he responded that "you have to move on to players" and he basically said, "yeah, but not after the best season of their career"

Chasing6

Reaction score
I mean im being crazy but my plan would be for Jerry to hire a real GM and let him build a coaching staf and then build a team around that HC's plan then hold them accountable for winning..the 28 year plan your defending aint working so well....Jerry is the problem deductive reasoning leaves no other options...who has been the only person in this with his hands on the wheel the whole 28 years?
Well we know Jerry ain't going to do that. He wants all of the attention.

Jerry has backed himself into a no win situation.

So the question is to either rebuild or double down. Staying in the middle is not going to solve anything, but Jerry just wants to be relevant and hang around the rim.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Well we know Jerry ain't going to do that. He wants all of the attention.

Jerry has backed himself into a no win situation.

So the question is to either rebuild or double down. Staying in the middle is not going to solve anything, but Jerry just wants to be relevant and hang around the rim.
I agree and we all know its going to be double down...but i will again bring in the one factor that could force his hand on a rebuild....Dak may be done with Jerry, funny the fans that blame Dak for this will have to thank him for forcing Jerry to tear it down...

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m beginning to lean toward paying Prescott.

If they don’t, then the plan should be a full rebuild, draft high for the next few years and hope you luck into top QB that way….but the rest of the roster doesn’t warrant doing that. It doesn’t need to be torn down.

The price is climbing daily, but again…it’s entirely possible that Prescott doesn’t want to sign this close to being a true FA. They wanted a short deal last time specifically so they could do exactly that. Why quit now?

They would likely have to give him a top of the market deal…or very close, and my guess is Jerry still wants his discount, which will end up costing him more.

Almost every other contending team is paying a QB big money, and they figure it out instead of complaining and blaming. If I’m Prescott I’d keep my options very open to leave when blame for this coming season is spun on him when the FO did next to zero to fix gaping holes any average fan can clearly see.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
These detractors and or trolls don’t care. They have no real solutions. Notice they don’t have issues with other aspects of the team. Everything is great but the QB. Lol

Too bad they don’t ever take on the one constant throughout this era regardless who the QB is. He’s the one who has kept this QB for last 8 years and possibly could another 4 or 5.

One of only owners and GM in over 3 decades not to use a 1st rd pick on a QB.
Stop lying. There have been several suggestions that have been posted many times. You guys ignore them so you can knowingly make the false claim that you just posted.

How many times do I have to repeat my QB Money Ball Plan before you stop pretending it doesn't exist?

How many times do people have to state that Trance should get a shot before you stop lying about no suggestions or backup plans?

How many times do people have to keep posting to start drafting QBs in the 1st round every year so you can have a much better chance at finding the right QB?

How many until you stop beating up straw men?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree and we all know its going to be double down...but i will again bring in the one factor that could force his hand on a rebuild....Dak may be done with Jerry, funny the fans that blame Dak for this will have to thank him for forcing Jerry to tear it down...
If Dak's agent is aware that the Steelers have serious interest in Dak, that would be something I would be excited about if I was him.

Our FO is way too dysfunctional to build a real SB contender. They are good at marketing and pretending we are good enough, only to have a massive let down, when in reality we never should have had high expectations to begin with.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Stop lying. There have been several suggestions that have been posted many times. You guys ignore them so you can knowingly make the false claim that you just posted.

How many times do I have to repeat my QB Money Ball Plan before you stop pretending it doesn't exist?

How many times do people have to state that Trance should get a shot before you stop lying about no suggestions or backup plans?

How many times do people have to keep posting to start drafting QBs in the 1st round every year so you can have a much better chance at finding the right QB?

I think most are saying give a plan that THIS FO would actually do, there is no chance in hell this FO goes with a QB money ball plan because thats not good for the Marketing $$$'s how many QB's has this FO drafted in the 1st round? Hell the ones they didnt but wanted to draft were complete crash and burns anyways......if we are going with non real plans why dont we just trade for Mahomes....

Chasing6

Reaction score

Not sure what the Money Ball approach has to do with a Salary Cap League.

Trance is not even close to a back up plan.

Drafting a QB every year in the first round is beyond stupid.

Football is a team sport. Pretty sure the Niners have just proven it by cutting the number 3 overall pick for Mr. Irrelevant.