Dak Haters, what are you going to do if he wins MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s so much that fans want people to pin a medal on their chest as to see if those whose, frankly, irrational dislike of Dak, can be shifted to at least a neutral position.

We all know there are extremes on both sides of the equation but you and I both know there are, seriously, some fans who root for the teams QB to fail.
And kudos to guys like @MysteryIceGuro and @MountaineerCowboy who continue to post the same as the team and #4 continue to improve.

I stay out of the QB %#*$# wars, but sometimes it bugs the hell out of me how little Dak can do right for some people. I don't feel sorry for him, he's paid nicely for it. Comes with the job.

But let's give the man his props too when he does overcome the obstacles and hater projections.

Now go win that Super Bowl, Dak!

Kwyn

Reaction score
And kudos to guys like @MysteryIceGuro and @MountaineerCowboy who continue to post the same as the team and #4 continue to improve.

I stay out of the QB %#*$# wars, but sometimes it bugs the hell out of me how little Dak can do right for some people. I don't feel sorry for him, he's paid nicely for it. Comes with the job.

But let's give the man his props too when he does overcome the obstacles and hater projections.

Dak could throw for 400 yards and five TDs, including a game winner in the Super Bowl as time expired and some of these guys would still not give an inch.

It’s just how they are.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

If Dak wants my hate to stop he needs to play big in the big games.

The reason Lamar Jackson is going to be the MVP with worse stats than Dak is for this sole reason. If Dak would've done it against the Niners, Fins, and Bills then he would've been MVP easily.

Dak gets yet another chance to turn us haters around this year.

blueblood70

Reaction score

You know he did have 37 touchdowns and 10 interceptions and 2021 after his leg was snapped in half at the ankle and nobody gave him credit for that this is not the first time Prescott played this well I mean literally he's always been a top ten quarterback and at times he plays top five and yet somehow we always have to come in here and defend the guy the man's always been good you can't come in as a fourth round pick win rookie of the year play that well against Green Bay and somehow fans just don't see it there's some haters in here that's for sure

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Dak , Cee Dee, Micah, Daron We have four All Pro 's on our team. I'll worry About the playoffs when the playoffs get here.

This season we have four of the best in the League.

No Doubts, That's not my opinion , IT'S ACTUALFACTUALS

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He now has 9 Int's but a 4/1 (36/9) TD ration is impressive. #2 behind Stroud for TD/INT ration. I believe Stroud finished 23/5
Honestly... lost in the QB debates with Brock/Lamar/Dak are that Stroud's numbers as a rookie are probably the most impressive of any QB numbers this year. 5 interceptions? Insane.

I still hate the Texans after that embarrassing loss to them 20 years ago. But I bet those fans are hyper excited.

plymkr

Reaction score
... if this guy wins MVP, or god forbid, goes all the way to the Super Bowl this year?

Dak Prescott 2023 Stats
  • 4,516 yards (1st. Like CeeDee and Tyreek Hill, Tua will probably surpass Dak in yards tonight.)
  • 36 TDs (1st)
  • 8 INTs (3rd, among QBs with minimum 15 starts)
  • 68.4% Completion (3rd right now, could change, among QBs with minimum 15 starts)
  • 12-5, third straight year
  • #1 QB/WR Combo in league
I'm by no stretch a Dak Homer. But have to give the man his props. His running game let him down this year. His offensive line was hurt all year. He never had Witten his entire career like Romo, or a Travis Kelce like Mahomes. And this doesn't mean he still doesn't have to prove it in the big one. But the only thing more certain than an open CeeDee Lamb this year is a Home Win. So feeling pretty good about our chances!

For the record.... I'd rather give the MVP trophy to CeeDee. They are both in sync, but nothing happens without CeeDee. I don't think there is a single person in the NFL anymore who can cover #88.

Dak is in that same rhythm that Romo was his last healthy year when he led the league in many of those same stats. Good news is that Dak is three years younger, bigger and stronger, and not showing any signs from that old ankle injury.
I don’t know if I would call myself a hater but I’m definitely not a homer. I have said repeatedly that I don’t believe Dak is the guy to win a Super Bowl. If we win then I’ll happily say I was wrong.

I will say from this time last year to right now the turnaround has been amazing. Last year we lost at the Commanders in a game that could have impacted our playoff seeding. This year we smoked them. Last year Dak lead the NFL in interceptions and this year he leads the NFL in TDs.

This is about as well as a QB has played for Dallas in a long time. He’s really balling out there. I’m excited. Realistically if he plays this good in the playoffs then we have a shot to beat anyone.

Don’t underestimate how big of a win this is. Dak threw 4 TDs without 2 of our best offensive linemen. Bass and Hoffman playing, I thought we were toast. I’m happy because these are the games we usually find ways to lose.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
These Dak haters threads are tiring, and I am mad at myself for even participating in them. First off, he will not win the MVP, Lamar will. I have yet to find one person on this board who is able to distinguish between a fan being critical of a player vs. being a hater because this player has flaws....that being said, what Dak has done this year is really remarkable thanks to his struggles last year, and if it wasn't for Lamar he likely would win it. Getting rid of KM/JG, and adding MM (with his faults) has help tremendously, as has the emergence of Fergie and the MVP play of Ceedee

RoboQB

Reaction score
The "hater" is a myth. Totally made up by insecurities
of people who jump to conclusions at the very first
criticism.
Think of it as a person with no sense of humor.
To them, everyone is childish. No fun is allowed.

They are also easy targets for the witty ones.
Those people are hilarious! The ones who make
the sarcastic posts meant to make those with an
ounce of common sense laugh.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
These Dak haters threads are tiring, and I am mad at myself for even participating in them. First off, he will not win the MVP, Lamar will. I have yet to find one person on this board who is able to distinguish between a fan being critical of a player vs. being a hater because this player has flaws....that being said, what Dak has done this year is really remarkable thanks to his struggles last year, and if it wasn't for Lamar he likely would win it. Getting rid of KM/JG, and adding MM (with his faults) has help tremendously, as has the emergence of Fergie and the MVP play of Ceedee
I think this thread is off to a good start not being the typical Dak Hater vs Dak Homer thread, thanks to yours and others posts. Rock on.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Honestly... lost in the QB debates with Brock/Lamar/Dak are that Stroud's numbers as a rookie are probably the most impressive of any QB numbers this year. 5 interceptions? Insane.

I still hate the Texans after that embarrassing loss to them 20 years ago. But I bet those fans are hyper excited.
He's impressive. Their offense is fun to watch.
What the heck was Carolina thinking!?!
No wonder their owner's pissed. I'd throw more than a drink...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.