Dak: "Hell with the talking"

Frozen700

Reaction score
That mega-deal seems like a miracle scenario now for Dak.
By the time the Bears and Rams get done with him, he won't be worth a rookie deal dollars!
Beating up lousy defenses ain't even fooling the Jones boys and there about the worst FO in the NFL!

Haha seriously.

He's beaten up on crappy defense's all year. Now that some real comp pulls up. He folds,a ND shows the real Dak.

We get called trolls for calling a duck a duck.

The real trolls are the ones calling for the cowboys to break the bank on this guy

#DontpayDak

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He needs to go work on his footwork. Have you noticed how he's slipped back into some very bad habits on that the last two games? New England was bad and Buffalo wasn't any better. Go check out that failed 4th down swing pass to Zeke. Not set, falling away... And that's with no pressure.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haha seriously.

He's beaten up on crappy defense's all year. Now that some real comp pulls up. He folds,a ND shows the real Dak.

We get called trolls for calling a duck a duck.

The real trolls are the ones calling for the cowboys to break the bank on this guy

#DontpayDak

Either their slow minded or paid employees of Dak's social media PR dept.
No other explanation here.....as their selling dog-food as Caviar.

starcity214

Reaction score
People forget that his major in college was "Work force leadership" so it comes with the territory.

He spent 4 years learning to become a leader.
Plus, 4 more years in the Garrett "leadership" school as well.

What exactly is meant by "work harder" anyway?

starcity214

Reaction score
I think Dak's burning. He's heard enough about the losing and about all these other "successful" running QB's and he's going to strap on the pads this Thursday.
I see him totaling 50+ rush yards in this game.
Landry used to say, (in context) when Roger was boxed in a corner or called out/challenged personally, he would go into primal instinct and scramble and run head on taking on all comers to pull out a W.
I hope this is the case and we see Dak go to a new primal instinct to take a game over from start to finish.

The thing is, Dak isn't really a good runner like those QBs.

Dak is slow and has heavy feet when he runs he's nothing like Jackson, Vick, Kaepernick or even RG3 in his day..

Hadenough

Reaction score
The irony.....

===

FRISCO -- The Cowboys have been open about their frustrations. The players have spoken about their need to perform better. Immediately.

Dak Prescott believes the time for talking is done.

“Talk is cheap, right," the quarterback said Monday afternoon. “We’ve talked a lot. We’ve talked a bunch and got ourselves right to where we are.

“In a moment like this I say, ‘hell with the talking. I’m going to do more. I’m going to work harder.’

“If you’re a young guy looking for somebody to figure it out, how to do it, yeah, look at me and some of these other guys because that’s exactly what we’re doing,"
he continued. “Putting our head down, focusing and doubling down on ourselves."

Prescott delivered a message similar to this during the team’s walk through. He doesn’t mind being vocal, but believes it’s more important to lead by example when a team is struggling.

What about a fiery speech, like the kind veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett delivered in the wake of the team’s loss to Buffalo on Thanksgiving?

“They have their times," Prescott said. “But if you need to be fired up at 6-6, this isn’t the locker room for you."

The Cowboys lost two games in five days last week and watched their odds of winning the NFC East improve. Prescott understands the team is fortunate to be in this position heading into the final month of the regular season and understands the skepticism outside of The Star.

“All this does being in this position is add to the doubters," Prescott said. “That should allow the chip on the shoulder to grow.

“Get the people off the bandwagon and know it’s about us. The people in this locker room that have to go out there and execute. It just allows us, this locker room, to get tighter."
This is pathetic! Why now, why not after the jets loss. Work harder isnt the answer. He layed it all on the line to get a first down in the buffalo game but that's what he needed to do in the Saints and Vikings game. Hes trying to be a pocket passer when he lacks accuracy and consistency. He needs to use his legs.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
For a guy who said the time for talking is over, he seemed quite loquacious. A bit jerryesque.
Yeah...lol...listen to me speak about enough talking????

This ole...we gotta work harder stuff is crap, it's telling people that you weren't working hard enough before? Why weren't you working harder before?

BP was right, you are what your record says you are.

nobody

Reaction score
Yeah...lol...listen to me speak about enough talking????

This ole...we gotta work harder stuff is crap, it's telling people that you weren't working hard enough before? Why weren't you working harder before?

BP was right, you are what your record says you are.

That depends. Certain players are certainly working their tails off....others aren't.. But a leader (in public) will say "we" rather than "they" even when referring to the slackers. It promotes team solidarity. Behind closed doors, it's different.

visionary

Reaction score
The irony.....

===

FRISCO -- The Cowboys have been open about their frustrations. The players have spoken about their need to perform better. Immediately.

Dak Prescott believes the time for talking is done.

“Talk is cheap, right," the quarterback said Monday afternoon. “We’ve talked a lot. We’ve talked a bunch and got ourselves right to where we are.

“In a moment like this I say, ‘hell with the talking. I’m going to do more. I’m going to work harder.’

“If you’re a young guy looking for somebody to figure it out, how to do it, yeah, look at me and some of these other guys because that’s exactly what we’re doing,"
he continued. “Putting our head down, focusing and doubling down on ourselves."

Prescott delivered a message similar to this during the team’s walk through. He doesn’t mind being vocal, but believes it’s more important to lead by example when a team is struggling.

What about a fiery speech, like the kind veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett delivered in the wake of the team’s loss to Buffalo on Thanksgiving?

“They have their times," Prescott said. “But if you need to be fired up at 6-6, this isn’t the locker room for you."

The Cowboys lost two games in five days last week and watched their odds of winning the NFC East improve. Prescott understands the team is fortunate to be in this position heading into the final month of the regular season and understands the skepticism outside of The Star.

“All this does being in this position is add to the doubters," Prescott said. “That should allow the chip on the shoulder to grow.

“Get the people off the bandwagon and know it’s about us. The people in this locker room that have to go out there and execute. It just allows us, this locker room, to get tighter."

AND, you’re still talking

:rolleyes:

shabazz

Reaction score
People forget that his major in college was "Work force leadership" so it comes with the territory.

He spent 4 years learning to become a leader.
Plus, 4 more years in the Garrett "leadership" school as well.

What exactly is meant by "work harder" anyway?

It means he wasn't working as hard as he should. "So many Chunky Beef Soup commercials.....so little time"

Our point has been proven. The fantasy has ended

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The thing is, Dak isn't really a good runner like those QBs.

Dak is slow and has heavy feet when he runs he's nothing like Jackson, Vick, Kaepernick or even RG3 in his day..

He doesn’t need to be like Jackson or Kaepernick. He can be like Wilson, who runs it in crucial situations. Dak hesitates in situations like those unlike Wilson, who does it the moment he sees no one open. Dak waits, which can end in (strip) sacks and incompletions instead of yards. He needs to stop listening to the coaches who are telling him to not run or he needs to get out of his own head and realize running the ball doesn’t put him at anymore risk than staying in the pocket risking a sack does (so he can stop worrying about getting injured before his contract)

Blackrain

Reaction score
It starts with the darn overpaid Oline. Dak needs to rip them a new one on the sideline the way Aikman used to do it to his Oline, then yell at the WRs to get open and catch the darn ball.

Damn right we have invested a kings ransome in this Oline and they have underachieved . I cant even talk about the amount of dropped balls when we need a catch, it almost pisses me off as bad a Garrett and the kicker LOL

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yeah I’m not sure what the people posting want him to do or say. He’s not going to the media on his own he has to.
They are just Dak haters trying to get a little dig in . Its all they got. All the usual short bus group chime in at once every time they see a chance to say something negitive

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Dak is right about one thing, the talking. They needed the talk/direction given to them in practice when coaches were breaking down their strategy and the other teams weakness. It all happens days before the game. Not in the locker room before the game or in the locker room after the game. They needed management to give confidence and a plan prior to the actual game. This is not the first time this team has not been prepared. But this statement about the bandwagon, seems to the players/coaches are sometimes aware of what is being said on the internet or media. Probably not a good idea. The fans actually know its about you. We as fans cannot do a thing. We don't get paid millions.
“All this does being in this position is add to the doubters," Prescott said.

“Get the people off the bandwagon and know it’s about us.

"doubters"? Yes I'm a doubter and I'm not a doubter about certain things. I don't consider certain realities and common sense to be a bad thing. But I understand it would be difficult to get up in front of the media when your not a good team, no "doubt" about that. See what I did there.

Here's where I think some are regarding the team media speak, its like the renter who hasn't paid the rent and every time you ask them about it, they respond, "the check is in the mail". And, "Its coming Mr. Landlord, you just haven't seen it yet". You listen at first and give the benefit of the doubt. But each time you go to collect the rent its some other sob story. Eventually, the tenant must be evicted.