Dak: "Hell with the talking"

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Nope. I said many many years ago that Jerry isn't getting a penny of my money until he backs off from GMing and let's a real GM and coach in there. I stand by that. However, I still watch and hope for wins.

It’s full of bandwagon fans that don’t cheer...

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Is leadership overhyped? We need wins not speeches. Dak Prescott and Jameis Winston are said to be great leaders but their teams are 6-6 and 5-7.

I'd rather a winner instead of a leader. Just saying.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The irony.....

===

FRISCO -- The Cowboys have been open about their frustrations. The players have spoken about their need to perform better. Immediately.

Dak Prescott believes the time for talking is done.

“Talk is cheap, right," the quarterback said Monday afternoon. “We’ve talked a lot. We’ve talked a bunch and got ourselves right to where we are.

“In a moment like this I say, ‘hell with the talking. I’m going to do more. I’m going to work harder.’

“If you’re a young guy looking for somebody to figure it out, how to do it, yeah, look at me and some of these other guys because that’s exactly what we’re doing,"
he continued. “Putting our head down, focusing and doubling down on ourselves."

Prescott delivered a message similar to this during the team’s walk through. He doesn’t mind being vocal, but believes it’s more important to lead by example when a team is struggling.

What about a fiery speech, like the kind veteran defensive lineman Michael Bennett delivered in the wake of the team’s loss to Buffalo on Thanksgiving?

“They have their times," Prescott said. “But if you need to be fired up at 6-6, this isn’t the locker room for you."

The Cowboys lost two games in five days last week and watched their odds of winning the NFC East improve. Prescott understands the team is fortunate to be in this position heading into the final month of the regular season and understands the skepticism outside of The Star.

“All this does being in this position is add to the doubters," Prescott said. “That should allow the chip on the shoulder to grow.

“Get the people off the bandwagon and know it’s about us. The people in this locker room that have to go out there and execute. It just allows us, this locker room, to get tighter."

It’s about time!!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is leadership overhyped? We need wins not speeches. Dak Prescott and Jameis Winston are said to be great leaders but their teams are 6-6 and 5-7.

I'd rather a winner instead of a leader. Just saying.

At least you finally figured out that wins matter.

sean10mm

Reaction score
If you're winning the quiet guy is "leading by example" and the loud guy is a "fiery leader." If you're losing the quiet guy is doing nothing and the loud guy is a blowhard attention *****.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Same thing goes for Jerry, to a lesser degree. When asked a question, are they supposed to just say, "No comment"?
I agree, although it's also fair to recognize that Jerry puts himself in a position to be asked questions way more than other GMs, and especially more than other owners.