Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

DandyDon52

Reaction score
ok this is todays AM show with fish, all about what dak said recently about why he has to get a record setting contract, and the amount of $ he is asking for.
He is doing it for the brotherhood of nfl qb's , so they can get more too lol.
Fish gives his opinion on this.
So this could mean that jones boys offered dak say 54 million, and dak is saying that isnt good enough, I need the 60 million barrier to be broken by me.
Not for me, no it is for the brotherhood !

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Two things I cant know for sure but feel pretty confident about in relation to the Dak contract....

1) He wants a super short deal....I think this is what he meant a couple months ago about not 'necessarily' needing to be the highest paid player. A shorter deal could make him the highest by AAV, but not in the totality of the contract so he wouldnt necessarily be the highest paid player.

2) $60M is likely his minimum to even consider, and even that might be light. If he wants to be on par with Burrow or beat him he needs to be at 24.5% of the cap which this year would actually be $62.5M

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ok this is todays AM show with fish, all about what dak said recently about why he has to get a record setting contract, and the amount of $ he is asking for.
He is doing it for the brotherhood of nfl qb's , so they can get more too lol.
Fish gives his opinion on this.
So this could mean that jones boys offered dak say 54 million, and dak is saying that isnt good enough, I need the 60 million barrier to be broken by me.
Not for me, no it is for the brotherhood !

You love this Fish guy don’t you. He’s the biggest Cowboys hack around.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I hope he stays stubborn and so far from anything that Jethro & Co are thinking that they won't even be tempted to try to bridge the gap. For the brotherhood!!

But it's important to remember, he doesn't play the game for money.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Can you imagine the fallout if an owner came out and said "we owe it to the brotherhood of team owners to hold the line on escalating QB salaries"?

The C word would start getting thrown around faster then Dak Prescott getting off the field after a playoff game.

Plankton

Reaction score
Dak is not this dumb; I see France behind all the posturing.
France works for Dak, not the other way around. You don't hire an agent like Todd France unless you want to be at the top of the market pay scale wise. It's like a player who hires Scott Boras in baseball - you know what you are signing up for when you hire him.

Look, Prescott has the right to ask for whatever he wants. Football players have a relatively short shelf life to maximize their earnings, and they should be able to earn whatever they can get someone to pay them, no matter how high that dollar amount is. You can't blame the player for that, or for earning that much if an owner is willing to pay it out.

That being said, an owner also has the right to say no to a request. The Cowboys are not obligated to pay Prescott a market setting contract. They can hold the line and let him leave if they choose. This is how the game works. I think that the concept of the next guy in line becoming the new leader in the clubhouse for QB salaries is a ridiculous method of determining value, but the owners have no one to blame but themselves for this.

Were it my team and my money, I wouldn't pay Prescott that kind of coin. I would be comfortable with letting him leave, but that's me. He's a good football player, but not a market setting type of player.

Last edited:

kevm3

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Get ya paper Dak!!!! All of it….

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.
I completely agree. If Dak is going to take less money he should negotiate a player opt out each year to make sure that the Cowboys are using that money to help the team. I don't blame Dak for maximizing his money, I just dont think its smart for the Cowboys to make him that type of offer.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So you are saying you don’t think Dak should take a pay cut so they can give those savings to some USFL free agent? :laugh: