Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

davidr295

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.
1. pocket what money? The cowboys are the most valuable sports team in the world, I doubt they need more money
2. what moves should they have made with a roster full of holes and 3 players needing record breaking deals all at once?
3. if the QB takes less money it means there is more money to fill the team with better players

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Get ya paper Dak!!!! All of it….
WE AGREE! Just get it from another sucker...and you can be happy Dak duped another team.

rags747

Reaction score
Everyone’s feet needs to be held to the fire. Make McCarthy and Dak and CeeDee all play this year on their current contracts, Winning determines who gets resigned next year.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Everyone’s feet needs to be held to the fire. Make McCarthy and Dak and CeeDee all play this year on their current contracts, Winning determines who gets resigned next year.
I'd rather just commit to rebuilding at that point and trade your QB and WR while they still have value on the open market. Then you can also bring in the HC you want to build your team around and have him start implementing their scheme and picking players to fit their scheme now instead of putting it off a year.

Has a HC on an expiring deal ever worked out? I honestly have no clue but cant remember a story about this scenario working out.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh c'mon. The Cowboys offered him a deal. Stephen said it's in Dak's court now. That was about a week ago and still nothing. Dak's holding out for a record breaking payday.
Just an opinion from a bunch of Dak haters. Well, smartie pants, show Dak’s quote where he said he wants to be the highest paid QB and reset the market. I’ll be waiting for one of you haters to man up and back your words.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I always wonder why people on here act surprised. This is not Daks 1st contract negotiation. Dak really just lets his agent do his thing and that is to get Dak the best contract possible. Remember Dak held out for top dollar on a really short deal last time so he could take advantage of the new tv money that recently came in.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Just an opinion from a bunch of Dak haters. Well, smartie pants, show Dak’s quote where he said he wants to be the highest paid QB and reset the market. I’ll be waiting for one of you haters to man up and back your words.
It's common sense and the proof will be coming. Either the Cowboys will cave or he'll get his money somewhere else. Anything over 55million is setting the market. Probably closer to 60. Oh and I do enjoy Dak giving it back to Jerry because he deserves it for being such a bad GM over the years. The problem is Dak isn't worth it because he comes up small when we need him the most. Hopefully Jerry will stand his ground this time but I still have doubts because we have nobody backing him up that is starting QB material.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's common sense and the proof will be coming. Either the Cowboys will cave or he'll get his money somewhere else. Anything over 55million is setting the market. Probably closer to 60. Oh and I do enjoy Dak giving it back to Jerry because he deserves it for being such a bad GM over the years. The problem is Dak isn't worth it because he comes up small when we need him the most. Hopefully Jerry will stand his ground this time but I still have doubts because we have nobody backing him up that is starting QB material.
Until then how about not lying about it? Make sense? Still waiting for his quote.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
C'mon man do you really take player quotes that literal? At some point you have to read through the BS on both sides.

Clearly the Cowboys have made an offer, and its been leaked that it is around $55M. It has to be either Dak wants to reset the market, he wants a shorter deal than they are offering, wants a higher guaranteed portion, or has simply already decided that he wants to move on. We can only guess the true holdup here, but his fraternity quote does make it seem like it's the AAV that is the issue.