Adult Language Dak: He's Lying About the money, right? Fish Live

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Dak says the money is out there, meaning if not from the Cowboys, another team. The money is his priority. It's a business.
And he is right about that. $55M is likely an insulting offer once Dak hits free agency. Once multiple bidders join and the cap shoots up another 5-10% he may demand $65M

blueblood70

Reaction score
Two things I cant know for sure but feel pretty confident about in relation to the Dak contract....

1) He wants a super short deal....I think this is what he meant a couple months ago about not 'necessarily' needing to be the highest paid player. A shorter deal could make him the highest by AAV, but not in the totality of the contract so he wouldnt necessarily be the highest paid player.

2) $60M is likely his minimum to even consider, and even that might be light. If he wants to be on par with Burrow or beat him he needs to be at 24.5% of the cap which this year would actually be $62.5M
I don't think he's asking for 60 either 55.5 fully guaranteed would set a new market the saying money is not important is untrue but it doesn't mean that that's his priority that's his agents priority but he don't wanna be the guy that takes so much less it hurts the next guy which I think is ridiculous I get it but come on dude stop hiding behind your agent and the fact that the money's not important but yes if he wants to take a shorter deal I'm all for it like I said take 55.5 and then fully guarantee it for four years that works for both sides the Cowboys and everybody if you want a starting franchise quarterback that's the going rate if not we're gonna have to reboot and trade everyone and I mean everyone with any trade value cut old guys off this team like Martin and tank and start over in 2025 it'll probably be 2027 before we even hope to win nine games.. We will become the bottom feeders in the NFC East if that happens I don't think people get that we lose Prescott they're not gonna sign everyone else they'll probably trade many of them and hold on tight because it's gonna get ugly real ugly the narratives were finally fit that we're mediocre and that we're bad and that we suck because right now that's not true but it will be very soon....

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
And he is right about that. $55M is likely an insulting offer once Dak hits free agency. Once multiple bidders join and the cap shoots up another 5-10% he may demand $65M
Who will these "multiple bidders" be?

Some say the Giants, but I have my doubts.

Raiders? Maybe, but that isn't a contender.

What contender would give Dak 60 million? All of them have QBs who are set, and nearly all of them are significantly younger than Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The confirmation of this is his playoff record.
Romo‘s playoff record wasn’t any better. Go look at our playoff record the past 29 years. Funny how many of you keep pinning it all on the QB.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
ok this is todays AM show with fish, all about what dak said recently about why he has to get a record setting contract, and the amount of $ he is asking for.
He is doing it for the brotherhood of nfl qb's , so they can get more too lol.
Fish gives his opinion on this.
So this could mean that jones boys offered dak say 54 million, and dak is saying that isnt good enough, I need the 60 million barrier to be broken by me.
Not for me, no it is for the brotherhood !

The guy stil does not top my list of cancers on this team.

1. DFlaw and it aint no competition
2. Dak
3. Parsons

But he is making up ground.

First he sold the story of his mothers death to the media. Without the blink of an eye.
Then he sold the death of his brother
Then he used his what he said "depression" as a new story he could sell.

But i can tell. If the guy really believes he was suffering from depression then i can understand that he thinks he is a talented NFL player.

The guy is pure fake. Its a slap in the face for all of us fans to have such a characterless person as the figurehead of our franchise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
....yep, yep. $54 mill a year is very lucrative. Expecting more is just plain greed.
It's lucrative but it's not right I'm not asking to say set the new market by a big deal but he should be paid 55 Trevor Lawrence and all them dudes ain't done anything to deserve their deals either herbert's on a bad foot just got major money..... So he at least should get that deal matched with some extra bonus stuff in there like fully guaranteed like 55.2 on a short 4.. But if he turned that down that would be greedy because he would be making the most money cause it's all guaranteed he was getting the same AV but it's 100% guaranteed with a little bonus done in like that .2..

It's not greedy to ask for more money than guys who just got paid they haven't done more and many times less in this league than you have... But if he's asking for 60 and only wants three to four years yeah that would be major greed..

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Romo‘s playoff record wasn’t any better. Go look at our playoff record the past 29 years. Funny how many of you keep pinning it all on the QB.
Romo was a phony too. And no, I don't put that all on the QB. However, Dak has been a 13-3 one seed and a 12-5 two seed, and failed to lead the team beyond one and done.

Brax

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.
Your pocket more money is completely wrong, the last 4 years I believe Dak was the king of cash pocketing 153 million, in return Jerry received 3 Playoff choke jobs and the worst playoff embarrassment in Cowboys history, and a 59 million cap this year and a 40 million dead money hit next, so Jerry spent cash mismanaged the cap so Dak can screw him again, and Jerry is stupid enough to do it again

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's just not romo's playoff record it's all these dudes you just got paid the last four quarterbacks that set the market Prescott should at least get the same as them and then you bump the guarantee to 100% and then make it four years if he turns that down then it is greed but you're right all these other quarterbacks and let's bring in all the other positional guys you show me all the dudes that have gotten record-breaking contracts at all positions what are their playoff records why are they not held to the same standards why are guys like Parsons and diggs and lamb not question on their record why are they not have a record in the playoffs attached to them that's the unfair bias of a quarterback... They can have highly paid players around them making market money not play well and be attributor to the losses in the playoffs and somehow they don't get talked about in the same manner it should always be the same why should lamb get 35,000,000 after pouting on the sideline and dropping passes and really not contributing more in the playoff game..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't think he's asking for 60 either 55.5 fully guaranteed would set a new market the saying money is not important is untrue but it doesn't mean that that's his priority that's his agents priority but he don't wanna be the guy that takes so much less it hurts the next guy which I think is ridiculous I get it but come on dude stop hiding behind your agent and the fact that the money's not important but yes if he wants to take a shorter deal I'm all for it like I said take 55.5 and then fully guarantee it for four years that works for both sides the Cowboys and everybody if you want a starting franchise quarterback that's the going rate if not we're gonna have to reboot and trade everyone and I mean everyone with any trade value cut old guys off this team like Martin and tank and start over in 2025 it'll probably be 2027 before we even hope to win nine games.. We will become the bottom feeders in the NFC East if that happens I don't think people get that we lose Prescott they're not gonna sign everyone else they'll probably trade many of them and hold on tight because it's gonna get ugly real ugly the narratives were finally fit that we're mediocre and that we're bad and that we suck because right now that's not true but it will be very soon....
The guaranteed part is interesting to me. For most contracts its the most important piece, but I do wonder if its as important for QB contracts since they almost always make it to the end of their deals and get extensions anyways? I havent looked up any actual data on that so I could be wrong, but has a QB at Daks caliber ever been cut and not received their full amount? I would think that what he would be trying to protect against is injury, but most players are already getting injury related insurance policies with these massive deals. Not saying you're wrong, I'm just thinking out loud on the subject.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why should Dak take a sweetheart deal here? So Jerry and the boys can pocket more money? They literally made no real moves to better the team, so to take 'less' would be idiotic. You only take less on teams that are actually trying to win.
Top five money is not sweetheart money that is not team friendly money that's just being willing to take great money without having to be a new trendsetter in the market Trayvon diggs did it and he should get a lot of credit for it he man was 4th when he signed in money for top corners that was only fit so he was a very fair contract but he didn't demand to be the highest paid non quarterback that's where you draw the line as a fan when guys want more than they've earned and I get it you're allowed to negotiate you're allowed to start that number up there if you want but acting like it's some team friendly deal to take 54-55 million as long as the owner maybe gave it gave you fully guaranteed money and a shorter contract there's gotta be ways to come to the middle and compromise that is not a sweetheart deal that is being fair and not holding your team hostage so they have problems trying to sign some other guys and they are fully aware of it I think lamb and Prescott wanna both be here then they need to come to the middle a little bit more. That used to be the thing give me top five money like with the franchise tag said and really with Prescott he should get the top three money but he don't need to be a new trendsetter and just blow the record away and the most ever by an NFL player that is where you start being called selfish and I didn't say you can't ask for it but at some point in negotiations there should be some compromise.... I mean Trayvon diggs did it other players have done it it literally that is where fans start questioning greed and selfishness you're not saying to me shouldn't get a big new contract and get almost everything he wants but at some point there is compromise that's what negotiations are about there's not demanding a number and if it's not met leaving now that's the part where we call it greedy and selfish not because you asked for it because you were unwilling to move off it just a little bit..

coult44

Reaction score
You love this Fish guy don’t you. He’s the biggest Cowboys hack around.
Do you even listen to Fisher? He’s normally pro Dak and most things Cowboys. He has a very long relationship with Jerry and Dallas. But this time he spoke the truth, and lit Dak up.
Why do you have a problem with balanced people . I mean I know why, but why do you think you do?