Dak hints at his own free agency

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure.
I think the players are fed up with all the Dak is the leader and gonna get paid 30+ mil. Everyone on the team is getting the blame but Dak and they are flat out sick of watching his passes to WRs vary within a 10 foot radius. The WRs are always having to make circus catches to keep drives alive and Dak goes cold for long periods of time leaving his defense hung out to dry. I think were all watching an implosion in this locker room. I wouldnt doubt the Commanders winning this weekend.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really didnt get a hostile vibe from Dak out of that. His contractual relationship with the Dallas Cowboys will end this Sunday.

What he said is 100% true, this is his last game under contract. He was drafted in 2016 and signed a 4 year deal.

He is set to become an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team in the league of his choosing, unless Dallas signs him to a long term contract or uses the franchise tag on him. Same goes for Amari Cooper, his contractual relationship to the Dallas Cowboys expires this Sunday as well.

He is free to go sign with any team in the league unless Dallas signs him to a long term contract or uses the franchise tag on him. Problem is, as we all know, is that there is only one franchise tag, so either Cooper or Dak doesn't get tagged and can walk if they wish. Sure you can use the transition tag, but all it does is give you the right to match an offer sheet, no compensation either if you dont. You also have to worry about a poison pill in the offer sheet that will prevent you from matching, like if the player plays in more than 2 games in the state of Texas they get a $100 million dollar roster bonus.

It really was a cluster ***** to have your star QB and star WR both having expiring contracts at the same time. One of them should have been signed before or during this season. Now its possible we could lose one of them since only one can get tagged.

Coop is staying as he is a no 1 pick any way you cut the mustard on this one.
Dak's professional road gets really bumpy for him and his agent as reality has a way of catching up to you at some point.
Mark this and remember it.....at some point in 2020 Dak will be sitting on some NFL teams bench!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

Lloyd: Let's play a game called Connect The Dot!
Harry: Okay! Is it a hard game?
Lloyd: No! Watch. I will draw a dot on this blank sheet of paper. Then I'll give it to you. Now you connect the dot!
(Harry stares at the paper)
Lloyd: Isn't this fun???
Harry: Yeah!!!

Janecka12

Reaction score
Ya know, Jerry and his mouth pretty much sealed the fate of this team after NE by basically saying Garrett was done after the season.

How is a coach supposed to command a locker room after that? Not that he did beforehand, but why cant Jerry just shut his mouth? He doesn't HAVE to say things.

He thinks he is helping. He isn't. He thinks he knows what he is doing. He doesn't. He thinks he is the guy to fix this mess. Wrong again.
No coach could ever command a locker room if the players know they are held accountable by Jerry and not the coach. Garrett is the scape goat. These players are professionals that make millions if they need a coach to motivate them we have the wrong guys here. Garrett was coach of the year 3 years ago why does Dak get credit when they win and the coach gets the blame when they lose?

Janecka12

Reaction score
I think the players are fed up with all the Dak is the leader and gonna get paid 30+ mil. Everyone on the team is getting the blame but Dak and they are flat out sick of watching his passes to WRs vary within a 10 foot radius. The WRs are always having to make circus catches to keep drives alive and Dak goes cold for long periods of time leaving his defense hung out to dry. I think were all watching an implosion in this locker room. I wouldnt doubt the Commanders winning this weekend.
Dak is a job killer. With Romo Dez was a top 5 receiver, t. Williams was a good 2nd and Beasley was becoming a top slot receiver. Where are they now? Even Amari doesn’t have confidence in him anymore. The O-line was becoming the best in the league with 3 of the 8 pro-bowlers in the whole NFC most teams don’t even have 1. Now everyone says they suck. Next to lose his job is puppet Garrett which won’t matter b/c the next coach will be a puppet too.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Lol if you think Dak is going anywhere.

he isn’t elite franchise like Mahomes or Jackson. But he’s above middle of the pack. Jerry won’t let him walk
Lol...that reminded me of that commercial of the doctor...He's okay. Hey guess who just got reinstated...well almost.

Tussinman

Reaction score
It won't matter, you aren't going to win with an average QB and that's exactly what Dak is. I'd rather take my chances with a guy that had a higher ceiling and isn't going to cost us $40 million a year.
Cool so where going to have an elite quarterback/elite team every 20-25 years then ? Great gameplan :rolleyes:

"Won't win with an above average NFL starting QB" ? Just in the last decade we've had Eli x2, Flacco, Goff, crippled version of peyton who couldn't throw more than 20 yards, and Foles all go to the superbowl (with most of them winning.......).

Don't understand this weird fan narrative that if your not in the MVP talk your a bum who can't win

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

Goofy interpretation. “I’ll be damned” easily could simply be him saying it’s not his place to speak to someone else’s contract. It’s a stretch with an agenda to declare that it means he doesn’t care about the team. Hell, even if he chooses to test free agency it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care. I’ve changed jobs and still cared about the company and people I worked with before.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He let us all down last week. He lost that game. The only thing that matters is him in the playoffs next year. I don’t care if he throws for 6000 yards and 40 tds. He has to get that late game magic back.