Dak hints at his own free agency

Flamma

Reaction score
...Dak and his sponsors might definitely want that $40 Million year deal. I wonder if Jerry & Co will submit to it?

That's the thing, they don't have to submit to that. By asking for that much they are for all intents and purposes asking for a Transition or Franchise tag.

Is any team going to pay Dak 40 Mil and give up two first rounders besides Minnesota?

Since he's already asking top end, what is there to lose by transition tagging him?

Everything I said is assuming the bold is true. That may not be the case, but something has to be holding up the works.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't worry. You'll have the next 8 years or more to bash Dak for being a loser on these boards.

Something to look forward too.

I find it amazing how you think the no 1 sports franchise in the WORLD will continue to accept such an inept leader at QB.
Even Jerry and Son aren't that brain dead!
Dak had his chance and he blew it.
Concerning bashing Dak comment it was up to him to shut up all his doubters....he failed!

starman22

Reaction score
Lol if you think Dak is going anywhere.

he isn’t elite franchise like Mahomes or Jackson. But he’s above middle of the pack. Jerry won’t let him walk

Most people would be ok with that if his contract demands aligned with his status as "above middle of the pack". C'mon Dak, don't rake Jerry over the coals here. Leave a little money to get some better pieces around you.

willia451

Reaction score
I find it amazing how you think the no 1 sports franchise in the WORLD will continue to accept such an inept leader at QB.
Even Jerry and Son aren't that brain dead!
Dak had his chance and he blew it.
Concerning bashing Dak comment it was up to him to shut up all his doubters....he failed they're also!

If I were the GM, I'd let Dak test the FA market. I've made not great secrets about that.

But I'm not GM. Jerry is. And the man loves him some Dak. Everyone is saying he is going to get signed. And they're right.

I'm sorry. That's just the way it is.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest.

What he actually said: "I'll be damned if I speak on anybody else's future or their place."

Nothing in that statement infers either of your last two sentences.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think it's more of a silly thing to say because his season won't technically be over if he wins and Eagles lose Sunday.

I think this says more about the mentality he has about this season. Garrett is in desperation mode, so even if Dak isn't close to 100%, he might send him out there anyways.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Not just one game. He failed to deliver against winning teams like the Bills, Saints, Patriots, Bears, etc, before he ever got hurt or had any injections. We “animals”,use reasoning and critical thinking when making assessments

Yes of course.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Not just one game. He failed to deliver against winning teams like the Bills, Saints, Patriots, Bears, etc, before he ever got hurt or had any injections. We “animals”,use reasoning and critical thinking when making assessments
Basically. These guys sounding like someone's mother on some leave him alone he's hurt. Well he should've took his hurt butt out instead of being selfish playing like pure basura in a must win game. If he played good him being hurt would've been some benefit like Jordan's flu game. You step on the field no excuses

KeepinTime

Reaction score
So if we back into the playoffs we do so without a coach and QB under contract?

We won't be backing into the playoffs. There's no way the scrub Gnats are beating Philly, especially after seeing the fire Philly played with against Dallas.

catiii

Reaction score
At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys
Buh bye Dak!!!!! (Unfortunately, since Jerry has such a fragile ego, he will see this is a challenge that has to be won and pay Dak 50mil/year :lmao:
.....which of course means this circus will continue.)
Sorry, but I've seen enough. Time to draft a 1st round QB prospect......

Last edited:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Dak Prescott declines to comment on Jason Garrett's future with Cowboys, hints at his own free agency:

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

lol either you dont know what youre reading or you just dont know what youre reading. Im betting its one or the other lol

sideon

Reaction score
Dak won’t go anywhere, saying that, his price tag might have dropped after the 2nd half of the season and his performance in a must win game at Philly.

The only time he looked good against a winning team was the Vikings game, outside of that he's compiled a bunch of meaningless stats that the Cowboys brass is taking into account when it comes to his contract.

KingRah

Reaction score

“In the biggest game of the season, Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys came up short. That’s left head coach Jason Garrett’s future with the team in heavy doubt.

When asked about the coach on Thursday, Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott strongly denied comment on Garrett’s expiring contract with the team and hinted at his own contract as well.”

At the very least, this is Prescott sending a reminder that his future is not tied to the Cowboys, though we’ll see if team owner Jerry Jones is able to keep the passer in Dallas.

Rest of Article here:
https://sports.yahoo.com/dak-prescott-cowboys-eagles-injection-necessary-210526368.html

“I’ll be damned.” he says. He truly does not care anymore about this team. Seems as if he wants to move on if I’m being honest. Sort of hostile vibes from his comments. Maybe this locker room has broken down? D-Law blaming fans, Amari has checked out (looks like he did in Oakland), Bennett’s comments on players and coaching on his tenure here, etc. It’s possible that Dak has been called out in this locker room at one point. Maybe he’s tired of it. I’m not sure. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett have broken 53 men on this roster. I don’t think that’s ever been done in the NFL....

I truly hope hes gone next year right after Garrett.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry & family persist in running their team like a bunch of amateurs vs. professionals.
I cannot blame Dak for being upset. His agent sucks pretty much too, though! :grin:

Last edited: