Dak hints at his own free agency

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
they own hos rights with up to THREE FTS so no he wont be a FA unless the DC want him to be and with a Non excusive FT we shall see how much hes coveted and for how much..thats what I would do, he and his agents need wakeup call to where his talents worth actually lies..its not where hed hoped that for dang sure..that philly game was the worst game of his career..
What a joke! Worse game of his career??? Quit being a drama queen! Look at the 2017 season. Lots of worse games back then. Even the first half of last season, Dak had worse games. Quit sounding so ignorant by repeating the same nonsense, @blueblood70 . SMH

Chrispierce

Reaction score
You know what? He actually may be saying he’s not sure,because he doesn’t know what the future is here. Everyone’s hats are in the air and we don’t what a new staff will think. Players don’t either. Maybe they won’t want some of these guys or have a fit for them in their new schemes. So I can understand that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Way to twist that statement out of context. He’s merely saying that this is his last game under contract. That’s it.
Even if he was being threatening, so what?

The Cowboys can tag him. He really has no choice other than the Cousins gambit if Stephen Jones is so "bullish".

Tussinman

Reaction score
Please, Baby Jesus, make this happen.
Yeah it's amazing, where gonna waste the remainder of the guy in your avatars hall of fame career in hopes that we maybe develop a QB that's 10-15% better......

I can understand people not liking Dak but him walking is gonna have a **** feel for like 2 or 3 seasons (especially if his replacement gets injured or never develops to anything better)

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Its called a diversion. They all know that this will be Garrett's last game. However, they just don't want to make any speculations and add more fuel to the fire.

It's funny how none of the players has said anything on why they should keep Garrett. They don't mention him as a good coach, or that they hope he gets signed so that he can be their coach for the foreseeable future. I bet they don't like him and can't wait to see him go. I don't blame the players.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I really didnt get a hostile vibe from Dak out of that. His contractual relationship with the Dallas Cowboys will end this Sunday.

What he said is 100% true, this is his last game under contract. He was drafted in 2016 and signed a 4 year deal.

He is set to become an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team in the league of his choosing, unless Dallas signs him to a long term contract or uses the franchise tag on him. Same goes for Amari Cooper, his contractual relationship to the Dallas Cowboys expires this Sunday as well.

He is free to go sign with any team in the league unless Dallas signs him to a long term contract or uses the franchise tag on him. Problem is, as we all know, is that there is only one franchise tag, so either Cooper or Dak doesn't get tagged and can walk if they wish. Sure you can use the transition tag, but all it does is give you the right to match an offer sheet, no compensation either if you dont. You also have to worry about a poison pill in the offer sheet that will prevent you from matching, like if the player plays in more than 2 games in the state of Texas they get a $100 million dollar roster bonus.

It really was a cluster ***** to have your star QB and star WR both having expiring contracts at the same time. One of them should have been signed before or during this season. Now its possible we could lose one of them since only one can get tagged.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Tough SOB.

Oh, and he’s not going anywhere.

He is going to get tagged if no long term deal.

Yeah, he is not an elite QB like Mahommes or Rogers, but he is still in the upper tier 5-10 range if you will. Those QBs dont just grow on trees, so teams dont let QBs like that just walk.

Much easier to replace the HC and yes, even Cooper, than it is to start over with a new QB.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
:hammer:..... exactly.

He knows he lost that last game solely. Worst he's ever played.

Looked like Ryan Leaf out there.

He was hurt, had to take pain killing injections...……..that affected his play, no doubt.

I am willing to give Dak the benefit of the doubt and let him play on the tag under a new head coach before I just let him walk.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Most people would be ok with that if his contract demands aligned with his status as "above middle of the pack". C'mon Dak, don't rake Jerry over the coals here. Leave a little money to get some better pieces around you.

As I said in a previous post, I think a contract paying him in the 5-10 range would be fair to both him and the team.

He is not elite, but he is better than a lot of QBs...……….5-10 range in salary would be fair and would allow for other pieces around him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20191227-034627-Bleacher-Report.jpg

Compare what Dak actually said ^^^^ with this thread's title and the OP's opening comment.

Ouff...I'd say someone struggled with reading comprehension in high school.

:facepalm:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He is going to get tagged if no long term deal.

Yeah, he is not an elite QB like Mahommes or Rogers, but he is still in the upper tier 5-10 range if you will. Those QBs dont just grow on trees, so teams dont let QBs like that just walk.

Much easier to replace the HC and yes, even Cooper, than it is to start over with a new QB.
:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As I said in a previous post, I think a contract paying him in the 5-10 range would be fair to both him and the team.

He is not elite, but he is better than a lot of QBs...……….5-10 range in salary would be fair and would allow for other pieces around him.
:hammer:

Section446

Reaction score
Yeah it's amazing, where gonna waste the remainder of the guy in your avatars hall of fame career in hopes that we maybe develop a QB that's 10-15% better......

I can understand people not liking Dak but him walking is gonna have a **** feel for like 2 or 3 seasons (especially if his replacement gets injured or never develops to anything better)
It won't matter, you aren't going to win with an average QB and that's exactly what Dak is. I'd rather take my chances with a guy that had a higher ceiling and isn't going to cost us $40 million a year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Ya know, Jerry and his mouth pretty much sealed the fate of this team after NE by basically saying Garrett was done after the season.

How is a coach supposed to command a locker room after that? Not that he did beforehand, but why cant Jerry just shut his mouth? He doesn't HAVE to say things.

He thinks he is helping. He isn't. He thinks he knows what he is doing. He doesn't. He thinks he is the guy to fix this mess. Wrong again.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
People read into comments what they want to. Dak hinted at none of the thinks claimed.