Dak: I give myself a "C"

NotForLong

Reaction score
Guarantee if anyone here said Daks performance was a C there's be every excuse thrown at us completely dismissing any negative performance.
Exactly the reason I posted it. It's hard to argue with the horse when It's coming from his mouth

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people said the same thing about Romo...

...in 2008.

Romo is retired and he really can't help us at this point so we move on. There's 1 game where Dak existence as a QB in the NFL is defined....take a look at the week 16 game vrs Seattle and this is pretty much what Dak is about. I just sit here amazed how our fellow Cowboy fans can be satisfied having no 4 leading us to mediocrity....Before you throw the MUD take a look at this game and bring all your excuses once again.....

P.S. Zeke is playing in this one....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Exactly the reason I posted it. It's hard to argue with the horse when It's coming from his mouth

I think a C is a fair grade for last year.

He was good the first half of the season and bad the second half of the season. I mean during the poor streak of games he had, I was also watching and saying “come on Dak, pull it back together”. He really struggled for a while there. And I expect better from him.

I’ve never had issue with those who are realistic about where he needs to improve.

The over the top negativity and saying he is a bum, noodle arm, garbage, etc is what I take issue with from some posters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo is retired and he really can't help us at this point so we move on. There's 1 game where Dak existence as a QB in the NFL is defined....take a look at the week 16 game vrs Seattle and this is pretty much what Dak is about. I just sit here amazed how our fellow Cowboy fans can be satisfied having no 4 leading us to mediocrity....Before you throw the MUD take a look at this game and bring all your excuses once again.....

Why would I take 1 game to come to a conclusion when the majority of the games Dak has played in he has played good games? I would make no excuses for Dak or any other player in the loss to the Seahawks. I did not make excuses for any other QB the Cowboys have had that played poorly in a game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think a C is a fair grade for last year.

He was good the first half of the season and bad the second half of the season. I mean during the poor streak of games he had, I was also watching and saying “come on Dak, pull it back together”. He really struggled for a while there. And I expect better from him.

I’ve never had issue with those who are realistic about where he needs to improve.

The over the top negativity and saying he is a bum, noodle arm, garbage, etc is what I take issue with from some posters.

I agree his play last season as a whole was avg. He did some good things early in the season and faded down the stretch. As for Dak future I think year 3 will define him as a QB in this league. I look forward to seeing him out there with the opportunity to prove his critics wrong.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo is retired and he really can't help us at this point so we move on.
It is like the year '2008' did not register whatsoever.
There's 1 game where Dak existence as a QB in the NFL is defined....take a look at the week 16 game vrs Seattle and this is pretty much what Dak is about. I just sit here amazed how our fellow Cowboy fans can be satisfied having no 4 leading us to mediocrity....Before you throw the MUD take a look at this game and bring all your excuses once again.....

You are opinionated about Prescott's professional quarterback skills. Fine. My original comment pointed out that your assumption Prescott 'knew' his 'time was limited' is highly likely flawed.

Some people 'knew' Romo would be replaced as the starter in 2008. They said the same thing in 2009. Again in 2010. A few hardcore individuals kept repeating the mantra until (tada) they got it right in 2016. Eight years later.

Skip ahead a few years later and the mantra has resurfaced, this time with Prescott surrounded within swirling mists of individuals' cracked crystal balls. We will all eventually see when this latest fortune teller mantra comes true but I am practically certain it will be (much) later than what is being assumed.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.

All "Dak Friendly" means is adding a few more plays/wrinkles that play to Dak's strengths. Same applied to "Romo Friendly". Some fans overblow it into a reference to an entirely new offensive scheme, but it's not. It's just some tweaks the existing offense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think C is a fair grade. We were all expecting better and I am sure so was he. But defenses played them different. O-Line has injuries. You lose the best RB in the league for 6 games during a time you have some O-Line problems. Our WR having some difficulty getting open in our predictable Offense. Not excuses but just facts that made it different from his rookie year. He did throw some bad passes that were all on him. Probly made some wrong reads.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You must be blind. All time NFL record for a QB. Rookie of the year. 22-10 record. But I think your just here to stir **** up. You're just trolling.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2016 and 2017 no longer matter but in a 9-7 season, most QB's would get a C as the team gets a C. The team played like a 9-7 team as well as the QB.

He doesn't need anyone to tell him he needs to improve, he's staring at a big contract or a highly drafted QB next season or White or Rush biting at his heels to taker over.

To me, this is very simple. He has not proven that he is the prototypical pocket QB and but he has proven he can make a D pay with his legs. He needs to be what he is, a dual threat QB that is better on the move than standing still.

Dak is going to get plenty of opportunities to prove he can play NFL QB1 for the future of the Cowboys.

starcity214

Reaction score
I support Dak but he had some bad outings plain and simple. He knows he must improve and has been working to correct problems. I do get a bit confused of why so many are against him?

We are against him for the same reason people hated the "Golden Cock"...

We could do so much better at the position and Prescott is our weak link..

My question is , why did fans not lobby for the "Golden Cock" like they do for Dak?

Why do people hate Crawford and in his day , Carr?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When asked by Skip, what letter grade he would rate himself. Dak said, "I give myself a "C" It was average as can be." It has to be better then that. (Me too) Somebody has to let him know he was a MVP for 8 games.

When asked by Shannon, What does a Dak friendly offense mean to you? Dak said, "I am not sure what that means" (Me too) That BS term has no substance

Well there you have it. The fan base is delusional yet Dak is grounded in reality. The Dak lovers hang their hats on "Dak Friendly" and Dak doesn't even know what that means.

I'll tell you right now I wholeheartedly agree with him. Thank goodness he is grounded. There's still hope for him to improve since he recognizes the truth.

You're reading waaaaaay too much into some politically correct answers by Dak.

He knows exactly what Dak friendly means but he is not going to throw other players under the bus when answering those questions.

We've seen what Dak friendly means to Linehan the OC.
  • Dez cut
  • WR coached hired, immediately focuses on route running over everything else.
  • Drafted WRs that were known for their route running.
  • Signed a WR that is a good route runner and not limited in the scheme. He can play inside or outside.
  • They swapped a journeyman deep threat Butler for another journeyman deep threat Thompson but Thompson is reported to be a smarter player.
  • Austin obtained in a trade.
It's highly likely they told Witten that he would no longer play 100% of the snaps. I think this was a big factor in his retirement. Sometimes they just needed more speed on the field but Garrett just wouldn't take Witten off the field.

Most people didn't understand Stephen Jones comment about Dak being more like Aikman than like Romo.

What he was trying to say is that Aikman was very structured and demanded receivers run precise routes and be be where he expected them to be when he expected them to be there.

Romo thrived in chaos. He would buy time waiting for receivers to get open and he seemed to make up some plays on the fly. His philosophy with WRs was get open and I'll find a way to get you the ball. He did have the structure of Witten to offset some of tge chaos.

Dak prefers to run a structured offense. He needs receivers to be at the right spot at the right time. Dependable receivers are more important than receivers with elite physical ability that are not consistently dependable.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're reading waaaaaay too much into some politically correct answers by Dak.

He knows exactly what Dak friendly means but he is not going to throw other players under the bus when answering those questions.

We've seen what Dak friendly means to Linehan the OC.
  • Dez cut
  • WR coached hired, immediately focuses on route running over everything else.
  • Drafted WRs that were known for their route running.
  • Signed a WR that is a good route runner and not limited in the scheme. He can play inside or outside.
  • They swapped a journeyman deep threat Butler for another journeyman deep threat Thompson but Thompson is reported to be a smarter player.
  • Austin obtained in a trade.
It's highly likely they told Witten that he would no longer play 100% of the snaps. I think this was a big factor in his retirement. Sometimes they just needed more speed on the field but Garrett just wouldn't take Witten off the field.

Most people didn't understand Stephen Jones comment about Dak being more like Aikman than like Romo.

What he was trying to say is that Aikman was very structured and demanded receivers run precise routes and be be where he expected them to be when he expected them to be there.

Romo thrived in chaos. He would buy time waiting for receivers to get open and he seemed to make up some plays on the fly. His philosophy with WRs was get open and I'll find a way to get you the ball. He did have the structure of Witten to offset some of tge chaos.

Dak prefers to run a structured offense. He needs receivers to be at the right spot at the right time. Dependable receivers are more important than receivers with elite physical ability that are not consistently dependable.

Now we're comparing Aikman to Dak....OMG....one of the most ACCURATE QB ever with 3 Superbowl rings against one of the Worst ACCURATE passer in the NFL....let me tell you something by the time Dak is Done in Big D some of these Dak-bots will have Dak curing the common cold.....amazing .....simply amazing....:huh:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now we're comparing Aikman to Dak....OMG....one of the most ACCURATE QB ever with 3 Superbowl rings against one of the Worst ACCURATE passer in the NFL....let me tell you something by the time Dak is Done in Big D some of these Dak-bots will have Dak curing the common cold.....amazing .....simply amazing....:huh:

It's a nuanced post.

It's beyond your comprehension.

Just move on to The Cat in the Hat type posts.

I never tried to to have a footrace with Deion.

By the same token you shouldn't attempt a debate with me.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a nuanced post.

It's beyond your comprehension.

Just move on to The Cat in the Hat type posts.

I never tried to to have a footrace with Deion.

By the same token you shouldn't attempt a debate with me.

You're correct in order to debate with you I need to see Pink Elephants flying and sorry bud but this is not possible.......

P.S. Then again if I see more games with check-down Dak and those awesome 180 yards of passing fire of dink and dunkers and add those suspenseful Field Goal kicks .....who knows I just might see the pink E flying......

Wear-It-Pink-Look-Good-Do-Good.jpg