Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

Yobwocs

Reaction score
BUT!

You said March 13th then when that passed made a thread saying THIS WEEK.

Stay wrong.
Get over yourself.

There's still a chance Dak stays. They're just in negotiation hell ala Jackson last year.

But imo, it might be best to reevaulate the progress of the team and Quarterback after this year if we fail to do anything again then I think it might be time to seriously start considering alternate routes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A bit of a strange comment for him to make if that’s exactly what he said because the great QBs won a Super Bowl for their original team before leaving. There could be a part of Dak that would like a change of scenery. The fan abuse has probably taken its toll on him and he may be looking forward to exploring free agency.
Good...

Just slip out the back Jack,
make a new plan Stan,
you don't have to be coy Roy, just listen to me.

Just hop on the bus, Gus,
you don't need to discuss much,
just drop of the key Lee, and get yourself free.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Get over yourself.

There's still a chance Dak stays. They're just in negotiation hell ala Jackson last year.

But imo, it might be best to reevaulate the progress of the team and Quarterback after this year if we fail to do anything again then I think it might be time to seriously start considering alternate routes.
Stay wrong, kid.

I hope you and Dak enjoy your new team next year.

CWR

Reaction score
Judging by his and Jerry's comments, the writing is on the wall.
I don't see the rush to sign him. It's not going to free up FA money and if we retain him he'll demand top dollar either way. Just get CD paid and let Dak go out and show us he can get this team advanced. If he can't I don't see the harm in moving on. Worst case scenario contract wise is Dak gets us out of the divisional round and makes believers of most, then someone else swoops in during FA. I'll take that gamble.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Stay wrong, kid.

I hope you and Dak enjoy your new team next year.
You better hope Dak seriously is considering a new team.

Because if they're in negotiation hell like I suspect, it's bad news for you. That just means Dak is inevitably getting signed. One of these days.

Stephen still wants him to stay. Jerry wants him to stay, but is more thinking of the financial reality. Simple as that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You would think being a "great qb" would mean he could silent out the noise...
Hard to silence out the fan abuse he’s received. It’s gotten worse every year. It’s probably become intolerable to him since the loss to Green Bay. The majority of the fanbase wants him gone and maybe he’s ready to leave. If he’s not extended by the opener, he won’t be back next season. Jerry made an interesting comment in his training camp presser today when talking about Dak’s contract situation. He said there’s things that he’s wanted really bad but couldn’t afford. He said some of those things he wanted turned out better than if he had gotten what he wanted. You can read some things into that comment.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I think we are at the point where both sides are starting the "negotiating in public phase". This happened last time as well. Each side trying to win the public opinion side support. It is an indication that both sides are far apart. And the last time they were here, they agreed to play it out and see what happens. While i agree both sides want to get a deal done (otherwise there is no reason to engage in all the niceties and deference to the otherside - i.e. both sides just going to play out the season and see where it goes), neither side is willing to give the other side everything they want.I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I don't see the rush to sign him. It's not going to free up FA money and if we retain him he'll demand top dollar either way. Just get CD paid and let Dak go out and show us he can get this team advanced. If he can't I don't see the harm in moving on. Worst case scenario contract wise is Dak gets us out of the divisional round and makes believers of most, then someone else swoops in during FA. I'll take that gamble.

There is extreme harm in moving on. Think 2-5 win seasons for 5-10 seasons minimum. Finding a gem like Dak should mean keeping him at all costs. Who can replace the greatness of Dak?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You better hope Dak seriously is considering a new team.

Because if they're in negotiation hell like I suspect, it's bad news for you. That just means Dak is inevitably getting signed. One of these days.

Stephen still wants him to stay. Jerry wants him to stay, but is more thinking of the financial reality. Simple as that.
Why?

Because that's what they say to the media?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think we are at the point where both sides are starting the "negotiating in public phase". This happened last time as well. Each side trying to win the public opinion side support. It is an indication that both sides are far apart. And the last time they were here, they agreed to play it out and see what happens. While i agree both sides want to get a deal done (otherwise there is no reason to engage in all the niceties and deference to the otherside - i.e. both sides just going to play out the season and see where it goes), neither side is willing to give the other side everything they want.I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens.
That is what needs to happen, but Dak talking crap is not good for him or the team.

He should have just said, this is another year and if I can help this team win, I can get paid and stay, if I don't get this team to win, them I will move on. What a phoney he is.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
d4bae0724c644b7c607fb845eae986d0.gif

Chasing6

Reaction score
Looks like Dak haters are getting their first break.

I'm starting to think this really might be Dak's last year here.
Dak wants out from the Circus Tent in JerryWorld.

Question becomes do you sign CD to big money with no legit QB on your roster for next year?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wait ....... do we have an all time great QB we are losing?

Where?
According to some people's definition Dak is not great because has not won a SB. He will not win one in Dallas if he stays. So, it is in his best interest to pick a team with a legit FO.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak wants out from the Circus Tent in JerryWorld.

Question becomes do you sign CD to big money with no legit QB on your roster for next year?
Hell no, get rid of that greedy fool also. If he had some pride to be a Cowboy, he would be here, but, no, all these kids want is mo, mo, mo, mo money.

Hit the road with Dak!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
According to some people's definition Dak is not great because has not won a SB. He will not win one in Dallas if he stays. So, it is in his best interest to pick a team with a legit FO.
I agree ..... The only chance Dak has is a team with an outstanding front office that could build a team that Kirk Cousins could win a Superbowl

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Hell no, get rid of that greedy fool also. If he had some pride to be a Cowboy, he would be here, but, no, all these kids want is mo, mo, mo, mo money.

Hit the road with Dak!
Dak fans are trying hard to frame this as "Dak wants out of the circus" when it reality Jerry is done with him and Dak wants to go chase money.