Dak: I want to be here (but) all the other great quarterbacks played for other teams

Chasing6

Reaction score
Get over yourself.

There's still a chance Dak stays. They're just in negotiation hell ala Jackson last year.

But imo, it might be best to reevaulate the progress of the team and Quarterback after this year if we fail to do anything again then I think it might be time to seriously start considering alternate routes.
If Dak is not signed before the season he will be gone at the end of the year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I agree ..... The only chance Dak has is a team with an outstanding front office that could build a team that Kirk Cousins could win a Superbowl
You are assuming it is all about money. GM Jethro has no idea how to build a winning team.

Listen to what Schultz and Smith both said when they left.

Chasing6

Reaction score
ehhh. The line in the sand has been drawn. Dallas ain't paying someone good, elite money. Let someone else write that check..
What Jerry wants to pay, Dak can get similar or more money on a better team and a better FO.

It becomes a no brainer for Dak.

Or if it is truly all about money then he will choose to play for another bad team with a bad FO.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If you could trade a player for draft picks and pick up a similar talent level in FA, why would you not do that 100% of the time?

Chasing6

Reaction score
NFL Draft next year is projected to have a weak QB class. On top of that there is a weak FA QB class outside of Dak.

His agent is a genius? GM Jethro is an idiot.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak fans are trying hard to frame this as "Dak wants out of the circus" when it reality Jerry is done with him and Dak wants to go chase money.
I don't know, but something is happening, whether it's Dak or Jerry.

But it also could be that Dak's agent is telling Jerry that he won't hurt if he leaves the team, and Jerry might not have to cry in front of millions again by caving into their demands like last time.

Jerry owns the team, not Dak or his agent.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I don't think this is negotiating in the public eye, in my mind this is Dak saying goodbye, and Jerry resigned to the fact it's time to move on. I think Dak is handling all this properly like he has his entire career here. Jerry for the first time seems to finally be realizing that we need to start over from the QB position on our, and you don't have to look elsewhere to see the Star QB in the State of Texas play for another team. Don't think for a second Jerry isn't bothered by this. Most if not every team in the hunt for a ring this year is being built around a young stud QB (even in KC) and the realization is that this is what's needed for the Cowboys at this time.

As I say this, these same teams don't have an endless window to achieve success as their young players contracts will also soon be up, and this window can shrink quickly.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
NFL Draft next year is projected to have a weak QB class. On top of that there is a weak FA QB class outside of Dak.

His agent is a genius? GM Jethro is an idiot.
Sucking is not smart.. You have to know when to suck. The Spurs wrote the book on it.. Ride it out this year. Then let Belicheat take over a blank slate...

Chasing6

Reaction score
If I am Dak and I sign a big money deal wirh Dallas, then they sign CD and Micah, there is no way this team is competing for a SB. They will have some stars but it will not be a competitive team to make a deep run.

He will have the option of picking a balanced team, that is missing a QB. Just like Peyton, Manning and Rodgers is trying to do.

Then if he wins one, Cowboys fans and GM Jethro look like the idiots that they are.