Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Exactly, and I love bantering. Heck, most of my family and my Godfather are Eagles fans, so, I may be in the minority of Cowboys fans on these boards, but I have no ill-will toward the Eagles except when we play each other. I respect you guys. The Commanders......not so much lol.

This board is actually pretty friendly towards outsiders. There is always a few though , but thats everywhere. I agree with Redksins fans , Im not sure what it is about them. Maybe its their lack of football knowledge most seem to have . Or maybe its the constant Offseason / Paper Champs thing . Giants Fans are easy to deal with :D I just tell them , your team is so embarrassed by you they have to claim a city there not even from :D

CWR

Reaction score
I think we are too. This is one of the biggest years for the cowboysto date. The dak questions will be answered this year.

Agreed, this is likely the year we figure out if we have our franchise QB or if we need to go shopping. Although, weve got some young guys behind him and White is spoken of very highly. The fact is if we had to start from scratch it could set us back at least a couple of years. The good thing about how this team is built is we dont need an elite QB to win games, just a steady reliable QB who doesnt turn the ball over. I got down on Dak last year but still expect/hope for great things from him this season.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This board is actually pretty friendly towards outsiders. There is always a few though , but thats everywhere. I agree with Redksins fans , Im not sure what it is about them. Maybe its their lack of football knowledge most seem to have . Or maybe its the constant Offseason / Paper Champs thing . Giants Fans are easy to deal with :D I just tell them , your team is so embarrassed by you they have to claim a city there not even from :D

Yeah, the Giants fans typically are chill when I deal with them in NJ, but the Skins fans. Like I said, I got booed a few times at Philly's airport, but I got booed A LOT in Washington. Like, I don't know of many people as annoying as Commanders fans can get. Oh, and then there's Packers fans and Texans fans. Honestly, THAT'S a fanbase that I don't get the trashtalk they give us Cowboys fans. They are mega OBNOXIOUS!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Also, as far as the Giants go, I love how they have to actually be roommates with another team at the same stadium. Like, they don't even own their stadium! They share it with another team. That's hilarious to me. Like, even the baseball, basketball, MLS, and hockey teams even have separate stadiums.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Also, as far as the Giants go, I love how they have to actually be roommates with another team at the same stadium. Like, they don't even own their stadium! They share it with another team. That's hilarious to me. Like, even the baseball, basketball, MLS, and hockey teams even have separate stadiums.
Lakers/Clippers homie...

Corso

Reaction score
True, and the LA Rams/Chargers coming soon. Still, it's fun to make fun of the Giants for that. Like, they can say what they want about our stadium, but at least we own our stadium.
Even though it hasn't given home-field advantage from Day 1...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Even though it hasn't given home-field advantage from Day 1...

Fair enough

tumblr_lez2z8xYDu1qbo6afo1_500.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-to-be-the-best-quarterback-cowboys-ever-had/
Dak Prescott wants to be “the best quarterback Cowboys ever had”
Posted by Charean Williams on May 16, 2018, 8:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-900095406-e1526515731749.jpg

Getty Images

Stephen Jones said last week he wants Dak Prescottto earn league MVP honors this season, giving the Cowboys even more reason to pay the quarterback a deal he “deserves.” Prescott wants even more than to be the best in the league this season.

He wants to become “the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had.” That’s saying something considering Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman wore the star on their helmets, and Tony Romo owns most of the team’s passing marks.

Prescott’s comment came after he was asked about the pressure of playing for a contract this season.

“It’s not any pressure,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I want to be the best I can. I want to be the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had. All that stuff comes when you play the game well.

So far he’s has had the best first two years in franchise history. Not even close.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'd do the same thing. What's your point? Dude should have gone into a shell? Gone straight to the tapes and be a zombie? Hell, your QB has a hunting addiction. And he hasn't won anything either.
Foles did.
Hunting addiction . No such thing . In Pa its a tradition called putting food on the table .

Corso

Reaction score
Hunting addiction . No such thing . In Pa its a tradition called putting food on the table .
I'm a self-admitted hypocrite. I was trying to make an argument in that post.
I actually, and it's not fair, hate when I see that bowhunter guy post because that was my passion and I can't pull a bow anymore.
It kills me.

GreenMean69

Reaction score

Wentz like to trophy hunt. But yes hunting for food is important. I remember eating a lot of pheasant as a kid since we had a ton in the city park / line park by our house