Dak: I want to be the best QB Cowboys ever had

GreenMean69

Reaction score
Players get time off, hell Arron Rodgers is playing in an upcoming pro am golf tournament and has already played at Scottsdale and Pebble Beach. Players take time away from the game all of them.

It has nothing to do with him partying or golfing. He himself said he wants to be the best ... It something he should look into changing. Most of the Top QBs Brady , Ryan ect have all hired guys to help them

Doomsday101

Reaction score

John813

Reaction score
I see no issue with Dak partying in the offseason unless he gets into legal issues.
He's in his early 20's, no wife or kids atm.
Now if he comes into TC 20 lbs overweight, then yea, cut back on the offseason lifestyle.
I would venture to say players in his age bracket have those type of offseasons and some either like to have it shown or not shown as much on social media.

Is there a difference between partying one weekend/week or going hunting for the same amount of time?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
More talking from this guy. How about shut up abd work on getting better at your craft and not needing all-world everything to be functional

Remember the video in front of the JJ We must win win win and we LOST LOST LOST and said goodbye to the playoffs as Dak couldn't score without King Zeke back there.
Dak put the videos to rest bud there message seems to backfire!!!!

CapnB

Reaction score
Words to live by. lol

My words to live by are: Never trust a fart after the age of 40. Never bend over in a rest stop bathroom off I-95 between Savannah GA and Baltimore, MD. Always be nice to people who handle your food

HungryLion

Reaction score
If you actually read any of my posts you would actually see Im not a Dak hater despite being an Eagles fan. Dak actually parties A LOT . Why not compare him to any other starting QB in NFL . Maybe Try Google there name and party You might be surprised. But this last offseason he might not of been in media as much .... But While other teams practiced he had a golf event ... then there is this .

Just stop dude. You don’t know anything about Dak or his work ethic or how much time he spends training and practicing. Every coach he has ever has,
Praises his work ethic and says he is one of the hardest working players they have been around.

Dak’s work ethic is not an issue, at all. If he doesn’t make it as a starter, that won’t be the reason why.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you actually read any of my posts you would actually see Im not a Dak hater despite being an Eagles fan. Dak actually parties A LOT . Why not compare him to any other starting QB in NFL . Maybe Try Google there name and party You might be surprised. But this last offseason he might not of been in media as much .... But While other teams practiced he had a golf event ... then there is this .

lol - the fact you get your "news" from SportsGossip.com pretty much says all I need to know. Unfortunately there are too many fans that feed off what the tabloid media digs up and plays off of to sell their product to the sheep who are ready to follow whatever they say. It's unfathomable to me that people don't realize that these sources only tell a very narrow, and often distorted story, and one that is miles and miles and miles from the whole story.

By the way, the "golf event" was a team golf event - an annual Dallas Cowboy golf tournament.

GreenMean69

Reaction score
I see no issue with Dak partying in the offseason unless he gets into legal issues.
He's in his early 20's, no wife or kids atm.
Now if he comes into TC 20 lbs overweight, then yea, cut back on the offseason lifestyle.
I would venture to say players in his age bracket have those type of offseasons and some either like to have it shown or not shown as much on social media.

Is there a difference between partying one weekend/week or going hunting for the same amount of time?

Yes and no . Dak is the face of the franchise whether people like it or not . He should be held to a higher standard. its the Not For Long plenty of time to party later. I understand it hard when you are younger too see that ... but unlike us average Joes he has people that can help him and give good direction. When I was 18 and in Marines 4 years seemed like a life time . Now I look back and wish I did my 20 , because Id still be doing what Im doign now , but with a lot more benifits and still young

GreenMean69

Reaction score
lol - the fact you get your "news" from SportsGossip.com pretty much says all I need to know. Unfortunately there are too many fans that feed off what the tabloid media digs up and plays off of to sell their product to the sheep who are ready to follow whatever they say. It's unfathomable to me that people don't realize that these sources only tell a very narrow, and often distorted story, and one that is miles and miles and miles from the whole story.

By the way, the "golf event" was a team golf event - an annual Dallas Cowboy golf tournament.

So thats not Dak in the Videos ? Maybe you should re-read without the biased hate. Its funny the ones making him look bad were already removed

glimmerman

Reaction score
The cooler video was the one in the boat. What a great time. Hope he enjoyed it. I know he didn’t pay for it. He don’t make that much. Hot chicks all over the boat. Dollar bills all over the floor. Looked like someone may have even been getting there hair cut.

Who was making the video. LIFESTYLE!! Lol.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-to-be-the-best-quarterback-cowboys-ever-had/
Dak Prescott wants to be “the best quarterback Cowboys ever had”
Posted by Charean Williams on May 16, 2018, 8:09 PM EDT
gettyimages-900095406-e1526515731749.jpg

Getty Images

Stephen Jones said last week he wants Dak Prescottto earn league MVP honors this season, giving the Cowboys even more reason to pay the quarterback a deal he “deserves.” Prescott wants even more than to be the best in the league this season.

He wants to become “the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had.” That’s saying something considering Hall of Famers Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman wore the star on their helmets, and Tony Romo owns most of the team’s passing marks.

Prescott’s comment came after he was asked about the pressure of playing for a contract this season.

“It’s not any pressure,” Prescott said, via Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “I want to be the best I can. I want to be the best quarterback that the Cowboys ever had. All that stuff comes when you play the game well.

I'm sure people will criticize him for saying this, but don't you want your QB to have that type of mentality. Why would you not want him to have that type of mindset?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I'm sure people will criticize him for saying this, but don't you want your QB to have that type of mentality. Why would you not want him to have that type of mindset?
He needs to show more humility but instead, he’s givign his detractors way more ammo. Let his play do the talking....

the_h0wey

Reaction score
He needs to show more humility but instead, he’s givign his detractors way more ammo. Let his play do the talking....
So he should come out and say I will never be the QB that Staubach, Aikman, and Romo were. I'm not even going to try to be that good?

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
So he should come out and say I will never be the QB that Staubach, Aikman, and Romo were. I'm not even going to try to be that good?
Youre missing the point. HE was never asked about the other Greats. He added that himself.