Twitter: Dak in ad for new Venom movie

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea ...... I get it ....... You went Hollywood so you know what it means ....... again ....... Why do you hate Romo and Dak going Hollywood when you went Hollywood yourself?
I co-owned a film making company. I was directly involved in the film-making business with ties to Hollywood.

It's a big difference.

Got it?

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
  1. Glamor
  2. Schmoozing with people associated with the movie industry
  3. Clip quality
I respectfully disagree about glamor. Hollywood history is filled with people who appeared before camera for movies, television series, etc. Most never received glamor for doing so. It does not subtract from their participation in a Hollywood product.

I respectfully disagree about Dak Prescott's proximity to prominent Hollywood individuals. The lack of nearby individuals did not prevent him from appearing in a Hollywood product.

I respectfully disagree about the quality of the CGI superimposition. That is not the fault of Prescott. That blame is solidly laid at the feet of the movie production crew cranking out promotion materials for public distribution. But again, how the *look* and/or *feel* of the clip does not exclude the fact of Prescott participating in the creation of a Hollywood product.
He was not part of a Hollywood product he was involved in marketing of a Hollywood product, that is not "going Hollywood" at the very best it's "Hollywood Adjacent", and that's a stretch. The point was that he wasn't part of the film or production, it was a commercial, he was part of the marketing like Taco Bell or McDonalds. Dak filmed his portion separately and was not on a "Hollywood" set interacting with the actors, director and producers directly. His portion was filmed more like any other commercial he has done and not what most would consider a "Hollywood" environment.

Just because it's a "Hollywood" product may be secondary and Dak may just be a big Marvel fan, it could be he's a fan of the franchise or his agent just got him a cool gig. I'm not a Hollywood type but 100% love to be in a Marvel or Star Wars product and so would you and you know it. You'd have to change your handle from @DallasEast to DallasWestCoast........ :muttley:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
DAK SHOULD HAVE SPENT THE 8 HOUR DAY HE GOT PAID MILLIONS TO DO THIS FOR THROWING THE FOOTBALL AND STUDYING FILM. HE'S CLEARLY FLEECING THE JONES' SPENDING ALL THOSE 8 HOURS TRYING TO ACT, AND HE'S NOT EVEN GOOD AT IT! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! DAK BAD, HIM MAKING ME SAD AND MAD! RABBLE!
IMG-0517.gif

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
@Roadtrip635 did have me considering something though. Dak Prescott's performance was very wooden in nature. Acting is never as easy as it might seem.

Being asked to do everything he did, with a possibly minimal film/CGI crew and inside a less-than-standard Hollywood sound stage, would likely be difficult in injecting much energy into the task. I am certain he got direction. And whatever stage he was one had artificial placeholders for the missing elements (e.g. Tom Hardy, the symbiote, scenery, etc.) of the shoot

However, many professional actors have commented how difficult it is relating to people and stuff not in the immediate scene with them. It is much harder reacting to someone or something that is not there. Those folks do it regularly for a living. Prescott would be at a disadvantage of adding *more depth* into what he was doing if his environment was foreign to him.
It was a commercial for the movie and a hastily made one with minimal expense, minimal soundstage with a green screen, a little direction a handful of takes and wrap it up. It's not meant to be a serious attempt, just an effort to market during the NFL season. The NFL is huge and used the most visible face of the most high profile franchise......... and because Mahomes wanted too much money :muttley:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Roadtrip635 did have me considering something though. Dak Prescott's performance was very wooden in nature. Acting is never as easy as it might seem.

Being asked to do everything he did, with a possibly minimal film/CGI crew and inside a less-than-standard Hollywood sound stage, would likely be difficult in injecting much energy into the task. I am certain he got direction. And whatever stage he was one had artificial placeholders for the missing elements (e.g. Tom Hardy, the symbiote, scenery, etc.) of the shoot

However, many professional actors have commented how difficult it is relating to people and stuff not in the immediate scene with them. It is much harder reacting to someone or something that is not there. Those folks do it regularly for a living. Prescott would be at a disadvantage of adding *more depth* into what he was doing if his environment was foreign to him.
Like his football team?

Oh come now i kid! :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was a commercial for the movie and a hastily made one with minimal expense, minimal soundstage with a green screen, a little direction a handful of takes and wrap it up. It's not meant to be a serious attempt, just an effort to market during the NFL season. The NFL is huge and used the most visible face of the most high profile franchise......... and because Mahomes wanted too much money :muttley:
My homes would have done much worse

Gator88

Reaction score
Many Cowboys QBs have come out in commercials throughout the history of the Dallas Cowboys.

"Going Hollywood" has more to do than coming out in commercials. It means ACTUALLY GOING TO HOLLYWOOD and SEEKING THE HOLLYWOOD LIMELIGHT.

No Cowboys QB has done that EXCEPT TONY ROMO!

Got it???
You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You keep using those words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.
"Going Hollywood"

Wiktionary. Filter (0) To adapt one's lifestyle in order to pursue fame . Wiktionary.

https://www.yourdictionary.com › ...
Go Hollywood Definition & Meaning - YourDictionary

That was Romo during his early starting years.

AI Overview

"Going Hollywood" is a slang term that means to act in a conceited or arrogant manner, as if you know it all, or to use pretended behavior to make an impression.