Twitter: Dak in ad for new Venom movie

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Please don't.

@Roadtrip635 makes a good point that CGI superimposed someone into a movie trailer. I would not think location is relevant, since the superimposing is a Hollywood process.

It is one thing for random people to be superimposed into a Hollywood process without their consent. It is another thing entirely for a individual, i.e. celebrity, to purposefully consent to and be compensated for appearing in a made for Hollywood product. Just my two cents.
It's not the location, for all we know Dak's part might have been filmed at a set in Texas, I doubt there was much glamor involved in Dak's shoot. It's more about was he even meeting or hanging around with "Hollywood" actors, producers, etc? Honestly, that clip looks like he might have just been making a local car dealership commercial and his part was sent to the "Hollywood" types to insert into the clip.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Let's keep the convo centered on anyone stating Dak Prescott's appearance in a movie trailer cannot be interpreted in any shape, form or fashion as 'going Hollywood' only.
But there's only 1 person here who thinks this. The rest of us know better, and also realize that thinking that way is extremely hypocritical given the extensive rash of crap he gave Romo for doing essentially the same thing.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not the location, for all we know Dak's part might have been filmed at a set in Texas, I doubt there was much glamor involved in Dak's shoot. It's more about was he even meeting or hanging around with "Hollywood" actors, producers, etc? Honestly, that clip looks like he might have just been making a local car dealership commercial and his part was sent to the "Hollywood" types to insert into the clip.
  1. Glamor
  2. Schmoozing with people associated with the movie industry
  3. Clip quality
I respectfully disagree about glamor. Hollywood history is filled with people who appeared before camera for movies, television series, etc. Most never received glamor for doing so. It does not subtract from their participation in a Hollywood product.

I respectfully disagree about Dak Prescott's proximity to prominent Hollywood individuals. The lack of nearby individuals did not prevent him from appearing in a Hollywood product.

I respectfully disagree about the quality of the CGI superimposition. That is not the fault of Prescott. That blame is solidly laid at the feet of the movie production crew cranking out promotion materials for public distribution. But again, how the *look* and/or *feel* of the clip does not exclude the fact of Prescott participating in the creation of a Hollywood product.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But there's only 1 person here who thinks this. The rest of us know better, and also realize that thinking that way is extremely hypocritical given the extensive rash of crap he gave Romo for doing essentially the same thing.
I know but @zrinkill is attempting to entice other members into the conversation under that pretense. It is unnecessary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@Roadtrip635 did have me considering something though. Dak Prescott's performance was very wooden in nature. Acting is never as easy as it might seem.

Being asked to do everything he did, with a possibly minimal film/CGI crew and inside a less-than-standard Hollywood sound stage, would likely be difficult in injecting much energy into the task. I am certain he got direction. And whatever stage he was one had artificial placeholders for the missing elements (e.g. Tom Hardy, the symbiote, scenery, etc.) of the shoot

However, many professional actors have commented how difficult it is relating to people and stuff not in the immediate scene with them. It is much harder reacting to someone or something that is not there. Those folks do it regularly for a living. Prescott would be at a disadvantage of adding *more depth* into what he was doing if his environment was foreign to him.