Dak is 2nd in the NFL in Total QBR

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Yeah, we have a damn good QB.

And unfortunately for us, Brock Purdy's for real.

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

Out of the 31 qualified QBs, 9 of the bottom 10 in Total QBR were 1st Round picks.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr
Que those who feel the need to refute positive information about our own starting QB in 3,2,1.....

pansophy

Reaction score

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

Out of the 31 qualified QBs, 9 of the bottom 10 in Total QBR were 1st Round picks.

At some point GMs will start to value speed of processing over things like arm strength and size. Guys like Reid, Shanahan, and Belichick seem to do better than most in this regard.

Pentagruel

Reaction score
At some point GMs will start to value speed of processing over things like arm strength and size. Guys like Reid, Shanahan, and Belichick seem to do better than most in this regard.
Speed of thought has always been immeasurably more important then speed of arm for QB (or any position really). Of course it helps if you have both. There’s a reason QB evaluation is such a dumpster fire and it’s because the fossils that still run the league in many ways continue to focus on physical measurables rather then evaluate a players ability to quickly process information and turn that into action. In soccer we always refer to speed of thought as a critical skill and it is important to be able to receive the ball in a small space with defenders near you and decide quickly what to do with it. QB’s specifically require this same skill and it should be the first thing that is evaluated yet still they are judged on what types of throws they can make, even though that skill is far more common then the ability to quickly process information. Find a QB who can make quick decisions first and foremost, then look at what he can do physically and how that might limit him in the NFL.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well except there are cases like CJ Stroud and Bryce Young. Stroud scored an 18% on the cognitive tests that's supposed to test processing ability and Young scored a 98%, so yeah there's that.......

How well is Beli doing with Mac Jones......

ghst187

Reaction score
Super sucks that SF had fully screwed themselves into irrelevance based on their bad decisions at QB…until they accidentally stumbled onto Purdy. Had Lance not gotten hurt they would’ve missed the playoffs last year and may just now be figuring out that he can’t play.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

I really didn’t get folks slamming on Purdy. He’s been really good. I think some people take praise for Purdy and Hurts as a threat to Dak but I don’t. They are all playing well. Herbert no surprise but I am surprise Stroud isn’t on the list in the top ten.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Speed of thought has always been immeasurably more important then speed of arm for QB (or any position really). Of course it helps if you have both. There’s a reason QB evaluation is such a dumpster fire and it’s because the fossils that still run the league in many ways continue to focus on physical measurables rather then evaluate a players ability to quickly process information and turn that into action. In soccer we always refer to speed of thought as a critical skill and it is important to be able to receive the ball in a small space with defenders near you and decide quickly what to do with it. QB’s specifically require this same skill and it should be the first thing that is evaluated yet still they are judged on what types of throws they can make, even though that skill is far more common then the ability to quickly process information. Find a QB who can make quick decisions first and foremost, then look at what he can do physically and how that might limit him in the NFL.
First and foremost...I am an extremely casual fan with no base knowledge in anything QB related...

But...

What is your take on USC's QB's ability to take on pressure with his eyes focused downfield for a play?

I, personally find it as a remarkable skill for a QB. This does not mean he will pan out in NFL.

I am basing this on some network/youtube evaluations of his talent. I have watched two games of his...and the evaluation of him being able to take on pressure, scramble, while keeping his eyes down the field for a play seem very legit.

The argument can be made that he has failed this year to produce against good teams(USC defense is suspect supposedly)...but I listened to a Ticket broadcast that turned me on to the kid and then watched two games back to back of him....his ability to keep his eyes down field and look for a play while pressured seem to be ideal in todays NFL. Granted...he might be considered gunslinger that turns the ball over based on college film....and the NFL is harder....but after hearing about his skills and then watching two games of his....his ability to keep his eyes down field seem so important in todays game for a QB.

Any thoughts on Caleb Williams?

My main point is...he seems to have a rare skill that is in huge demand in NFL...keeping your eyes downfield for a play instead of getting locked on a WR. Sure...it can lead to mistakes and turnovers...but he seems to be able to keep his eyes downfield during pressure and wanting to make a play. Or...you can throw the ball into the ground like Brady. Which guy do you want? A play maker or a statistician?

Again..my main point is that the kid seems to have a rare trait that NFL would love.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Super sucks that SF had fully screwed themselves into irrelevance based on their bad decisions at QB…until they accidentally stumbled onto Purdy. Had Lance not gotten hurt they would’ve missed the playoffs last year and may just now be figuring out that he can’t play.
Purdy may have saved Shanny and Lynch's jobs. All the money and draft capital spent on JimmyG and Lance probably gets almost any other GM/HC fired, instead they got lucky and got new contract extensions.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

1. Purdy
2. Dak
3. Herbert
4. Allen
5. Mahomes
6. Hurts
7. Goff
8. Cousins
9. Lamar
10. Tua

Fun fact...

I will keep tha in mind when he folds quickly against the Egirls, 49ers or even an average team not decimated by Injuries.
That's just the way he is.

Nav22

Reaction score
I really didn’t get folks slamming on Purdy. He’s been really good. I think some people take praise for Purdy and Hurts as a threat to Dak but I don’t. They are all playing well. Herbert no surprise but I am surprise Stroud isn’t on the list in the top ten.
It's not just Cowboys fans who aren't giving Purdy his due. I've never seen a QB play so well for over a year and get such little credit for it.

It's almost like the media knows that if Purdy's truly elite, it means they don't know JACK about the pre-draft evaluation process.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Despite the facts, every time we watch a broadcast where Greg Olsen is calling the game, he states Dak must exorcise those red zone demons lol...its comical really. I guess if they gaslight the audience enough with a false narrative, they can downgrade Dallas and Dak. We are just fine thank you.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
100% agreed. Spot on.

Too bad Jerry only looked at the physical measurables instead of speed of thought and processing when it comes to trading for Trey Lance.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's not just Cowboys fans who aren't giving Purdy his due. I've never seen a QB play so well for over a year and get such little credit for it.

It's almost like the media knows that if Purdy's truly elite, it means they don't know JACK about the pre-draft evaluation process.
Purdy is given enough time to deliver a timely ball and his knowledge of where and when to have the ball there is good.

A quick read is very useful for Prescott, especially with his ride side breaking down regularly now. Rhythm is important and his arm strength allows for a pretty reliable throw at present.

Gallup is presently the most single covered receiver that only has about 300 yards receiving.

He needs to become more accountable. Lamb and Cooks with Ferguson, Turpin, Tolbert, and Pollard should keep rhythm in the execution.

CCBoy

Reaction score
First and foremost...I am an extremely casual fan with no base knowledge in anything QB related...

But...

What is your take on USC's QB's ability to take on pressure with his eyes focused downfield for a play?

I, personally find it as a remarkable skill for a QB. This does not mean he will pan out in NFL.

I am basing this on some network/youtube evaluations of his talent. I have watched two games of his...and the evaluation of him being able to take on pressure, scramble, while keeping his eyes down the field for a play seem very legit.

The argument can be made that he has failed this year to produce against good teams(USC defense is suspect supposedly)...but I listened to a Ticket broadcast that turned me on to the kid and then watched two games back to back of him....his ability to keep his eyes down field and look for a play while pressured seem to be ideal in todays NFL. Granted...he might be considered gunslinger that turns the ball over based on college film....and the NFL is harder....but after hearing about his skills and then watching two games of his....his ability to keep his eyes down field seem so important in todays game for a QB.

Any thoughts on Caleb Williams?

My main point is...he seems to have a rare skill that is in huge demand in NFL...keeping your eyes downfield for a play instead of getting locked on a WR. Sure...it can lead to mistakes and turnovers...but he seems to be able to keep his eyes downfield during pressure and wanting to make a play. Or...you can throw the ball into the ground like Brady. Which guy do you want? A play maker or a statistician?

Again..my main point is that the kid seems to have a rare trait that NFL would love.
The strongest and smoothest thrower who reads what he sees.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That’s actually a good take. It does make me think and I feel you are right. Well said! I hadn’t considered the evaluation angle at all and the egg on faces.