Dak is 2nd in the NFL in Total QBR

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Call me a Dak hater but in the end, I don't trust Dak to pull a rabbit out of his hat if that is ever required of him to win a big game. He's not our football savior.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You are a Bash Dak Over Dallas Cult member. Tell me you wouldn't rather see Dallas lose so you can bash Dak. Tell me if you give credit to Dak when he wins.
Tell me you don't care if Dallas wins as long as Dak piles up useless stats.

Gambit

Reaction score
At some point GMs will start to value speed of processing over things like arm strength and size. Guys like Reid, Shanahan, and Belichick seem to do better than most in this regard.
So your saying Trey Lance was a good trade for us?

And what about the curious case of Garraopolo?

Gambit

Reaction score
Combined records of the teams we have played.

39-64 - 38% winning percentage.

Yeah, Dak is playing well..

:laugh: :laugh::laugh:
Is that before or after we played them?

If after, would it be fair to say Dak's play on field at least contributed to said combined loss record?

Additionally, please explain to us all how exactly it's Dak's responsibility for the schedule and how the other teams play when not facing the Cowboys, please be very specific.

Lastly, would you be more encouraged if Dak was playing poorly all 11 games this far?

Gambit

Reaction score
I think colleges just aren't preparing QB's for the NFL like they use to for the most part, so we see a lot of 1st rounders hit a wall when they get in the NFL.
NFL dot com has no less than 12 QBs in 1st round mock they just put out. My guess is many of those will not live up to their draft position. Even those they say are NFL ready.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Purdy is playing well.....I don't think Hurts is despite all of his rushing touchdowns. But at the same time....Dak hasn't lost 3 games in a row either and neither has Hurts. Purdy has.
I think Hurts is playing well. I’d even say clutch. He's been on the winning side of like 10 or 12 straight games in a row vs opponents with winning records at the time. That’s pretty strong and I know he’s been a catalyst for those wins for many of those games (not all).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Presumptuous much?
As for giving Deek's credit when he wins, that I have.
Now quit before you embarrass yourself further.
yeah, sure thing. ;) ;)
you just tried to give credit and failed at even a deliberate attempt..I mean seriously, Deek!!! how old are you? 5? 4?

lets not talk about embarassment...you don't want to go down that road. its not good for you

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Tell me you don't care if Dallas wins as long as Dak piles up useless stats.
I want Dallas to win. period. I support every player on Dallas team and on game day I root for all of them. I don't care about stats for any one player on the team.

now, you say it.....tell everyone if you rather see Dallas Lose with Dak so you can bash him, than see Dallas win with Dak. tell us how you don't give everybody else credit for wins, including the opposing team for sucking than give Dak any credit for anything........

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Call me a Dak hater but in the end, I don't trust Dak to pull a rabbit out of his hat if that is ever required of him to win a big game. He's not our football savior.
he is not and doesn't need to be. Dak is not elite. non-elite QBs are non-elite because they make mistakes and they can't necessarily put a team on their back. they need a team around them.
if you think the only way to win is having an elite QB, well, right now there is only 2 of them in the league at best. we waited 28 years. we may have to wait another 28 and still not have any.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
NFL dot com has no less than 12 QBs in 1st round mock they just put out. My guess is many of those will not live up to their draft position. Even those they say are NFL ready.
if 12 are first round worthy, it speaks to the lack of quality in QBs coming out of college.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I think Hurts is playing well. I’d even say clutch. He's been on the winning side of like 10 or 12 straight games in a row vs opponents with winning records at the time. That’s pretty strong and I know he’s been a catalyst for those wins for many of those games (not all).
give me a top 3 OL, top 5 WR group, top 3 DL, top 5 defense, great running game and a great coach like Siriani and we win many more games like that. ...but we have Steele at RT, and coaches who refuse to help him out when he is clearly struggling and failing.....there is a difference.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
now, you say it.....tell everyone if you rather see Dallas Lose with Dak so you can bash him, than see Dallas win with Dak. tell us how you don't give everybody else credit for wins, including the opposing team for sucking than give Dak any credit for anything........
100% not true, but you're free to think what you want. There's a big difference between wanting Dak to lose versus not believing he can get the job done when it matters most.

Last edited:

Blitzen

Reaction score
Purdy is playing well.....I don't think Hurts is despite all of his rushing touchdowns. But at the same time....Dak hasn't lost 3 games in a row either and neither has Hurts. Purdy has.
Wins and loses matter for QB evaluation? I thought that was a team stat?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Golf clap..........

He still can't beat better teams and sucks in the playoffs. But I get it, we love him because of his ability to stack up regular season stats.
No. That’s not it. This is evidence that we have a damn good QB. Pretty much everyone agrees we have a good team and having a good qb on the team means wins and the capability to win it all.

Nav22 posted this at the beginning and you maybe missed it when you got upset about good news:
“Out of the 31 qualified QBs, 9 of the bottom 10 in Total QBR were 1st Round picks.”

It’s a bad idea to replace a guy at the top of the QBR list, with other great QB’s, with an unknown.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You know what? I was completely sick of the negative fans who blamed Dak for every loss like this league is about QBs who can win despite the guys around them. And now I’m getting tired of those wanting to put Dak on a pedestal because he’s playing well. I’ve got news for you. This is still a team game. Dak is playing well because his coach is calling very good games and putting him in a situation to succeed while his receivers and TE are stepping up. Yes, he’s moving more than he had after the ankle, calf, and other injuries.

But Dak is still the same Dak. He’s an above average QB going through a hot streak. He will have some bad games; every QB does. His OL and receivers will struggle; it happens. There will be a weak game plan or a great defense that causes Mike to be more conservative. The team is likely to lose another game or 2, and when that happens, all the Dak blame will start again because a) not beating a good team that outplays us will fit their narrative despite the fact that there are starting QBs who can’t even beat bad teams, and b) because they refuse to admit that this is a team game and that the Cowboys OL, receivers, and defense also feast on subpar teams.

In my opinion, if all facets of our team play well, we can beat anyone, even win the SB from any seeded position, but honestly, I still think we are not a top tier team. I believe the top teams can expose our OL and completely eliminate any run game, making it hard to execute the passing game. I believe the best teams can expose our defense and run the ball on us, dominate time of possession, and then hurt us with play action.

It’s a team game played by humans who will not always be at their best every week, so those of you enjoying rubbing Dak in the faces of those who have made this site so negative and petty better prepare yourselves because when this team loses a game for any reason, it will all be dumped in Dak’s lap. The QB has always taken too much blame and will again. Right now he’s getting too much credit. Even Dak said the reason he’s in a good place right now with his confidence so high or in the zone is also due to what’s around him, giving credit to the players and coaching.

Dools29

Reaction score
Unfortunately Purdy has CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk and Kittle to work with too which is why we won’t beat SF at full strength. They’ll shut down the run, pressure Dak and CD can’t do it by himself.

btgboys41

Reaction score
give me a top 3 OL, top 5 WR group, top 3 DL, top 5 defense, great running game and a great coach like Siriani and we win many more games like that. ...but we have Steele at RT, and coaches who refuse to help him out when he is clearly struggling and failing.....there is a

give me a top 3 OL, top 5 WR group, top 3 DL, top 5 defense, great running game and a great coach like Siriani and we win many more games like that. ...but we have Steele at RT, and coaches who refuse to help him out when he is clearly struggling and failing.....there is a difference.
I wish I could give them those things you cited. However, Philly doesn’t have them either. They don’t have a great running game. They don’t have a too 5 defense. Whether the coach is great or not is highly debatable. The Cowboys have a better offense, a better defense, and better special teams.

I believe the Cowboys will overtake Philly but I also believe Hurts’ fingerprints have been all over many of Phillys wins.