Dak is a good Bus Driver but Needs a Good Supporting Cast

starcity214

Reaction score
Maybe Dallas should fix the defense. Maybe Dallas should add better dept. It's ridiculous you lose a couple players and the whole team falls apart. But of course bash Dak.

Imagine Jeff heath saying " why couldn't we have Tom Brady as our QB, I would be winning all type of championships and I would be overrated and considered all pro based on the fact that I make a few plays here and there and we would have a winning franchize"

At some point, if you need other guys to constantly bail you out, you just plain suck.

We bash Dak based on the following things-
Our team is built to be strong on offense. We have spent most of our resources there, so the offense should Cary the defense and not the other way around. We gave Dez elite money, we gave Terrance a new contract, and Beasley also.. we have first rounders across the board and you'e
Asking scrap heap players ( heath, whoever plays nose tackle nowadays, and brown ) to Cary the team? Get real man..

River82

Reaction score
Imagine Jeff heath saying " why couldn't we have Tom Brady as our QB, I would be winning all type of championships and I would be overrated and considered all pro based on the fact that I make a few plays here and there and we would have a winning franchize"

At some point, if you need other guys to constantly bail you out, you just plain suck.

We bash Dak based on the following things-
Our team is built to be strong on offense. We have spent most of our resources there, so the offense should Cary the defense and not the other way around. We gave Dez elite money, we gave Terrance a new contract, and Beasley also.. we have first rounders across the board and you'e
Asking scrap heap players ( heath, whoever plays nose tackle nowadays, and brown ) to Cary the team? Get real man..

And how many superbowls has that "strategy" lead Dallas to? Remembering we've had an elite offense led by an elite QB for quite a number of years now

logan

Reaction score
I’ll tell you the truth. This passing game has been ugly to watch this year. It’s very inconsistent and just seems way out of rythem. I’m afraid Dak is a poor mans Steve McNair.
I think defenses have figured out that Beasley was the X factor all along, so they're scheming to take him away and none of the other WRs can get open against single coverage, plus Witten isn't a threat to do much more than catch a 6 yard checkdown on 3rd and 7.

starcity214

Reaction score
Dak's season last year, his rookie season no less, was roughly equivalent o Alex Smith's greatest season ever (this year).

Sky's the limit for Dak.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Alex Smith has been posting 20 TD 5 INT 3000 yard seasons for most of his career... Why are people so offended by the fact that Dak and Smith are basically the same guy? Well, maybe Dak is a better leader and cooler but as QBs, they are the same guy. The coach that "made" Alex Smith into what he is is also the same coach that coached Dak at Miss state. Dak even trained with him this off-season if I remember correctly . I mean, Dak didn't sign on to the Brett Favre "gunslingers" off season program..
As we know , Dak's best quality is that he protects the football and plays smart but guess what? Alex Smith was doing that before Dak took a snap in the Nfl... Dak just looks cooler throwing 5 yard out routes that's all.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Your stats are wrong because you are not counting the plays Dak was sacked or had to scramble, putting the number of pass plays over 40.
I mean I specifically mentioned that that was a limitation of the numbers. Still the narrative that we didn't give the LT help is not true.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Dak's season last year, his rookie season no less, was roughly equivalent o Alex Smith's greatest season ever (this year).

Sky's the limit for Dak.

Are you kidding me? Alex Smith has been posting 20 TD 5 INT 3000 yard seasons for most of his career... Why are people so offended by the fact that Dak and Smith are basically the same guy? Well, maybe Dak is a better leader and cooler but as QBs, they are the same guy. The coach that "made" Alex Smith into what he is is also the same coach that coached Dak at Miss state. Dak even trained with him this off-season if I remember correctly . I mean, Dak didn't sign on to the Brett Favre "gunslingers" off season program..
As we know , Dak's best quality is that he protects the football and plays smart but guess what? Alex Smith was doing that before Dak took a snap in the Nfl... Dak just looks cooler throwing 5 yard out routes that's all.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what these guys expect? You can clearly see Dak is limited as a pure passer. He’s a solid game manager when things are working well around him=Alex smith. Will he ever win a Super Bowl? We’ll have to have a dominant defense soooo...

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This must be a satirical post. post up a game where wentz has gotten sacked 8 times

Exactly -- and it doesn't even account for all the pressures and hits as well. No QB can operate effectively with that going on. Classifying Dak as a "bus driver" is a serious misnomer. He performs well beyond such an unjust judgment. He's not a robot, folks!

Last edited: